Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6173|Vortex Ring State

Spark wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

We'll see I guess, if they knew it had a design flaw and continued operating it then maybe.

Otherwise its one of those preliminary things which allows an investigation to kick off.
Or it could be an opportunist trying to find a scapegoat. Happens from time to time. Remember there was attempt to charge some seismologists in Italy with manslaughter not long back because they didn't predict the quake that happened there.
wait what

earthquake prediction?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6848|Canberra, AUS
Well this is Italy we're talking about.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6888|US
Spatial Disorientation, in a storm, without pitot instruments would be a bad combination indeed.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6945|PNW

Hey, a revive that makes sense!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6584|'Murka

Trotskygrad wrote:

Spark wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

We'll see I guess, if they knew it had a design flaw and continued operating it then maybe.

Otherwise its one of those preliminary things which allows an investigation to kick off.
Or it could be an opportunist trying to find a scapegoat. Happens from time to time. Remember there was attempt to charge some seismologists in Italy with manslaughter not long back because they didn't predict the quake that happened there.
wait what

earthquake prediction?
Pompeii, man. Sue those fuckers for all they're worth!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6914|OctoLand
Great, they found more wreckage, pretty meaningless until they find the data recorders. Blocked pitots would certainly make a lot of sense. Oh and I think those manslaughter charges were primarily for the sake of getting the investigators to give it one last full on attempt to find the data recorders.
I know fucking karate
Trotskygrad
бля

justice wrote:

Great, they found more wreckage, pretty meaningless until they find the data recorders. Blocked pitots would certainly make a lot of sense. Oh and I think those manslaughter charges were primarily for the sake of getting the investigators to give it one last full on attempt to find the data recorders.
yeah, justify the money spent, maybe
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6304|North Tonawanda, NY

FEOS wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Spark wrote:

wait what

earthquake prediction?
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2 … er-charges

I certainly hope the prosecutor in this case reconsidered...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6848|Canberra, AUS
dead link
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,740|6911|Oxferd Ohire
where
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6304|North Tonawanda, NY

Spark wrote:

dead link
Which link?  Mine works...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

SenorToenails wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

wait what

earthquake prediction?
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2 … er-charges

I certainly hope the prosecutor in this case reconsidered...
and these same people would be suing the same guys if they evacuated, and lost business revenue or got looted and the quake didn't happen.

Last edited by lowing (2011-04-07 23:21:17)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6914|OctoLand
In case you hadn't heard already, one of the flight recorders has officially been found today :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13255673

Assuming it's readable, this is a huge breakthrough in this investigation.
I know fucking karate
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6396|Escea

Man, lots of good news for a change.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5411|Cleveland, Ohio

M.O.A.B wrote:

Man, lots of good news for a change.
i dont think they will get any data
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6774|132 and Bush

They got the second one now also http://bit.ly/mNhMJh
Xbone Stormsurgezz
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6914|OctoLand
Great news !
I know fucking karate
11 Bravo
Banned
how?  can they get the data from it?  i dont think so tbh
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5352|Sydney
I thought the second one lost its casing, so getting data from it is going to be nigh impossible?
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6914|OctoLand
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13412061

Data is readable, looks like we will get a conclusive end to this investigation, fuck yeah !
I know fucking karate
Trotskygrad
бля
11 Bravo
Banned

justice wrote:

fuck yeah !
dude......
CC-Marley
+407|7002
11 Bravo
Banned
well i find this interesting.  not sure about air france but when i was in flight school we had a KLM school located within ours.  i was trying to flirt with some cute KLM chick and she said once she graduates this school they go right to training on a 737 or whatever plane they get.  i was shocked at this because in america you have to get tons of hours flying smaller aircraft before you even have a chance to fly something like that.  i wonder if it is the same with air france?   or other euro countries?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6674|so randum
air france killed the concorde JUST SAYING
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard