Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6215|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I didn't know they integrate XFI these days? Because I was talking about the XFI one.
ASUS cards ship with X-Fi cards?
http://plaza.fi/s/f/editor/images/X-200 … 573497.jpg
That's odd, according to this test, it's a Soundmax chip.

I'm curious, what is your card called in device manager and what drivers do you use?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6432|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

ASUS cards ship with X-Fi cards?
http://plaza.fi/s/f/editor/images/X-200 … 573497.jpg

I'm curious, what is your card called in device manager and what drivers do you use?
For the audigy? I got rid of that xfi good while ago

The drivers are the Audigy & XFi supported custom pack from DanielK.

Device manager says the driver version is 5.12.12.1201 and Creative SB Audigy
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6215|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

For the audigy? I got rid of that xfi good while ago

The drivers are the Audigy & XFi supported custom pack from DanielK.

Device manager says the driver version is 5.12.12.1201 and Creative SB Audigy
No, I was referring to the ASUS thingy.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6432|Finland

Well can't help with that then
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6215|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

With what motherboard did you get it?
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6432|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I didn't get it with my own mobo, I got it along with anotehr deal for free. I believe it came with Rampage Extreme
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6215|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I didn't get it with my own mobo, I got it along with anotehr deal for free. I believe it came with Rampage Extreme
Indeed it did.

I just checked it up, and it doesn't even contain a Creative chip. It's based upon the ADI AD2000B, which is very similar to the chip in my laptop. It seems they just paid Creative to get to use the X-Fi logo on it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard