FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6741|Devon, England
Assault's rarely kill me nowadays. All they do is drop on top of you and hope for the kill. In the time it takes for them to jump and land on you, you can shoot them, throw a grenade at your feet when their pack charges and roll back, still shooting for an easy kill.

Only time they get me is on a surprise attack, now.

I've been using the standard bolter lately, and it's a nice middle ground between scoped-bolter and twin-bolter and gives me an extra perk to use.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

I've moved from the standard bolter to the plasma rifle. I don't charge it to strength very often, but it is very accurate over a distance.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559793818494973338/045D60C95A748DCE54781A4EA8214170E3B5DB61/
Mostly the same colors (used more bone white on helmet and backpack), only as seen on the chaos raptor. Armor's a bit cleaner than the tactical.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6490|Brisbane, Australia

FFLink wrote:

Assault's rarely kill me nowadays. All they do is drop on top of you and hope for the kill.
Yeh

I feel if you are going to play a shooting based class you might as well play a game with good shooting mechanics and not third person crap like this. This is also the main reason I got really sick of the singleplayer - way to much ranged combat.

The demo was fantastic but in the singleplayer there were multiple fights where a lot of the enemies were ranged and out of melee reach. Not being able to get health back because the enemies left are on too low health is also very stupid.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

I'm still fairly successful as assault. People say they have to be caught by surprise, which is very easy to do in this game. The plasma pistol is pretty decent for a charged shot before you land, or for simply mashing fire if you're just out of range.

What the game could use are more maps and maybe a sabotage mode. I wouldn't be very pleased at map DLC, but I wouldn't mind buying an expansion if it added orks to multiplayer as well as new maps.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6490|Brisbane, Australia

Yeh that would be good but they would need to do some patching before they got me to pay for anything else. Apparently default mute all and some matchmaking improvements are coming in next week.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

Yes, those are two big items.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

Currently somewhere between levels 37 and 39 in multiplayer. I've used all of the weapons extensively. I'd say the best has to be the lascannon, once you get the stability perk. 2-3 shots = death, if you cba to aim for the head, and it's pretty accurate even without using the scope if you know where the center of your screen is.

Not to say that the other weapons aren't any good (the plasma cannon is ridiculous), but the lascannon seems to be the most versatile. Assault marines jumping you? Time your stomps (chuck a grenade at your feet first if you want; it won't kill you) and fire an instant later. Kills them 99% of the time.
FFLink
There is.
I hate lascannon nubs.

I refuse to use it

My favourite weapon at the moment is Bolter with Kraken bolts and targeting.

Trying to master my Plasma Gun, though. Kills with the charge-shot is difficult.

Think I'm level 35.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

Apparently, 2 caps beats 1 cap, 1 defense and 3 extra kills. Or he just had more little bonuses along the way (headshots, multikills, killstreaks, assists):

https://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558669287082245405/D81A6D41748D98A82E6B4EEF22598A63AC7B0845/

Of course, Chaplain had the plasma cannon.

FFLink wrote:

I hate lascannon nubs.

I refuse to use it

My favourite weapon at the moment is Bolter with Kraken bolts and targeting.

Trying to master my Plasma Gun, though. Kills with the charge-shot is difficult.

Think I'm level 35.
Use master-crafted to get their armor and health down with grenades. That's helped me a ton with stormbolter, which I'm now not bad with (even without nades). I guess I was just too new at the game early on.

As for the lascannon, I don't see how it ruins it. Lascannon noobs are swamped in assaults all the time. Try the stalker bolter.
FFLink
There is.
I started on the stalker bolter and it took me all the way past level 25.

Grenades are too slow compared to just getting 3 or so hits with the plasma gun, then hiding while your gun charges and getting that arc-shot to hit. That's the hard part - all while hoping no one steals your kill and surprise attacks you.

I don't really play seize ground, though, because of Plasma Cannon and Lascannon gays

When we do, though, we all just play Tactical Marines with fast spawn and locaters on, so all 4/5 of us can just constantly be together with only about 4-5 seconds of death time. We've had games where the other team barely gets 100 points before we win with 1000.

My main favourite kit is master-crafted gear and weapon versatility. Stalker Bolter and Storm Bolter. Both lengths of battle covered and it just kicks ass.

Love this game.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

The master-crafted perk really amps the grenade killing power. Two will definitely do it. One, if the guy's already injured. If you don't use it, they're still a great DPS supplemental, but that's just me.

I prefer seize ground because the teams seem to have more focus, and you can see more kills stacked up before the next map loads. The plasma cannons and lascannons are very deadly, but are also very counterable. If a stalker can't take them out, get in close with an assault marine. Blind/frag on your way in and cut them up. Death from above helps. Besides which, the devastator kit is still effective in team deathmatch.

Should hook up on a game or two sometime. I hope the price drops by $10 soon so more people will pick it up.
FFLink
There is.
Don't you hate the people who use favour of the armoury and master-crafted wargear?

1st grenade, fine, I'll live.

2nd, ok, now I'm almost dead.

3rd, yeah, dead.

4th? Fuck you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

I don't encounter them much, or maybe I do...I dunno. Maxed all of lascannon recently, so maybe I ran into hundreds.
FFLink
There is.
You'll know when you do, I reckon.

I do hate them, but that setup is on my Melta Gun class and it does make me laugh to throw all 4 at someone... But I hate myself for it
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

What do you do when a death from above hammer assault lands on your face with that build?
FFLink
There is.
Never encountered an assault setup with it

But I think I'd just run. If a hammer guy ever surprises lands on me and doesn't kill with the first hit, I'll run away and turn around to see him swinging for easy kill, or in the air and hope I have a grenade

Kraken Bolts with targetter can kill and assault in the time it takes for him to leave the ground and land, though.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

FFLink wrote:

Kraken Bolts with targetter can kill and assault in the time it takes for him to leave the ground and land, though.
Oh sure, if he isn't a properly sneaky jetpack bastard.
FFLink
There is.
I still find the chainsword more lethal than the hammer, though. I'm not sure whether it's because less people use the hammer, but assaults with chainsaws have a much higher chance at killing me than with hammers.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

The simple part is, you can wildly flail the sword around much more quickly than the hammer. Hammer's usually a one-swing kill if it follows death from above and is well-aimed. Can't mash buttons and hope with that weapon.
FFLink
There is.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

Too bad you're not getting a new race to play like DoW2 is soon.
FFLink
There is.
Tau commander looks bad-ass
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6822|PNW

A right and proper glass cannon. But if it doesn't have a jump pack...
FFLink
There is.
Have you not seen the video?

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/120/1200466p1.html

Jump Pack is there

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard