oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6525|Πάϊ

FatherTed wrote:

IMHO a nuclear NK is far more of a threat than radical islam for example.

Thoughts.
Do you really feel threatened by any of the two? Because frankly... I don't. Not in the least bit.
ƒ³
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6671|NT, like Mick Dundee

oug wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Thoughts.
Do you really feel threatened by any of the two? Because frankly... I don't. Not in the least bit.
Its moderate Islam you have to be worried about. Crazy Turks.

AussieReaper wrote:

We were told that the first test was just a dynamite explosions underground, remember?

lol
Well, developing nuke technology with little to no outside help can't exactly be easy.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-05-25 06:24:59)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

i guess its easy not to feel threatened by islam as long as you arent a woman or gay person living in the ME, africa, or many other places.  so you guys are fine you know.  all safe in your little little white suburban shelter.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

usmarine wrote:

i guess its easy not to feel threatened by islam as long as you arent a woman or gay person living in the ME, africa, or many other places.  so you guys are fine you know.  all safe in your little little white suburban shelter.
Bleeding heart liberal.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

Flecco wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Bleeding heart liberal.
lol...yep.  no i just dont bury my head in the sand about it.  maybe seeing it up close and personal helps that.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

usmarine wrote:

Flecco wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Bleeding heart liberal.
lol...yep.  no i just dont bury my head in the sand about it.  maybe seeing it up close and personal helps that.
Nor do I. I was making a joke about the tension Greece and Turkey regularly go through on an international level.

Living under a fundamentalist Islamic system is not something I'd wish on anybody.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

i didnt say you did...
Flecco
iPod is broken.

usmarine wrote:

i didnt say you did...
Cool. Nvm then.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum

oug wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Thoughts.
Ofc not, just found this news worthy.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6229|Escea

Well they may have perfected (unlikely) an underground test that wasn't a large scale industrial accident (aka phailed attempt), but I wonder how their overground test fairs, if its not as good they'll have to assume we'll attack from beneath like moles.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6420|Finland

Maybe they will one day make a bigger test. And hopefully not blow up others while doing that, just NK themselves.

As long as they can't even shoot a missile successfully as far as Japan, I don't care.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
jsnipy
+3,276|6528|...

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

As long as they can't even shoot a missile successfully as far as Japan, I don't care.
But what about the security of the anime then?
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6420|Finland

jsnipy wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

But what about the security of the anime then?
fuck that, I'm more concerned about electronics from China
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5591

Best thing to do would be test a very powerful Nuke ourselves and then tell the North Koreans we have several thousand of these.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6420|Finland

Atomic bombs are so obsolete.

50MT thermonukes make 10KT bombs look like firecrackers.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-05-25 13:23:14)

xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6349|California

ATG wrote:

So, fuck 'em.

I honestly don't give a shit anymore. Japan survived two nukes.

Just because somebody sets off a nuke doesn't mean the world has to end.
The difference is that when the US bombed Japan, no one else really had the capacity to launch a nuke right back. Nowadays if one country nukes another, the domino effect gets initiated.

Luckily NK doesn't really have any solid allies so they wouldn't, at this moment, risk destroying everything of their country to have them against the rest of the world.

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Atomic bombs are so obsolete.

50MT thermonukes make 10KT bombs look like firecrackers.
Omg we are so sorry. We forgot about those! How could we be so naive /sarcasm

What you apparently don't get is that it doesn't fucking matter anymore. Nukes have the capacity to destroy the world - and with the amount that the world has - destroy it 1000's of times over; not that one isn't enough.

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2009-05-25 14:14:16)

GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6420|Finland

xBlackPantherx wrote:

What you apparently don't get is that it doesn't fucking matter anymore. Nukes have the capacity to destroy the world - and with the amount that the world has - destroy it 1000's of times over; not that one isn't enough.
excuse me but.... WAT.

I was saying that NK has few 10k nukes.... which looks quite meaningless when there is thousands of thermonukes around. NK doesn't have thousands of nukes.

As it is, NK might be able to wipe out few cities, but if they had thermonukes, they could wipe out few continents.

If u take out lets say two cities, all you get is one thermonuke back and NK is smoking crater.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-05-25 14:31:06)

xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6349|California

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

excuse me but.... WAT.

I was saying that NK has few 10k nukes.... which looks quite meaningless when there is thousands of thermonukes around. NK doesn't have thousands of nukes.

As it is, NK might be able to wipe out few cities, but if they had thermonukes, they could wipe out few continents.

If u take out lets say two cities, all you get is one thermonuke back and NK is smoking crater.
You forget about the possibility of my aforementioned domino effect. Once one country starts using nukes, there is the risk of many countries launching nukes in fear. Which would destroy the world. Besides, I'm pretty sure that if 1 thermonuclear weapon alone had that kind of blast radius, I highly highly doubt that the country that launched it would run the risk of hitting say..China in collateral damage. That would end up with the domino effect.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6554|San Diego, CA, USA
The World will act...they will write a stern letter to North Korea!!!  That'll show em'.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Yes! (fart)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
NK already has enough conventional weapons to destroy Seoul, this ain't that big of a deal.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6561
It was Hamas. Don't believe? Look where they hit: Kilju.

But seriously North Korea are off the chart in terms of unpredictability. What on earth is that loon's modus operandi?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-05-25 15:50:39)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

Harmor wrote:

The World will act...they will write a stern letter to North Korea!!!  That'll show em'.
If they do not listen, we shall write another very stern letter!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6561

Flecco wrote:

Harmor wrote:

If they do not listen, we shall write another very stern letter!
Why should we care, their missiles can't reach Europe.... A nuke on Tokyo or Seoul might be the shot in the arm the US car industry needs too....

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-05-25 16:03:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard