Buried. RIP21%21% - 13
Burned. Ashes to Ashes25%25% - 15
Hell, I'm dead I don't give a flying f35%35% - 21
Other (please elaborate)18%18% - 11
Total: 60
13rin
+977|6471
Have a death packet put together?
If not, do it -Today.  It's much easier on the family if it's cut and dried in writing by you.

https://www.york.ac.uk/depts/maths/histstat/people/bayes_grave.gif

Me?
I'm going to be cremated, and will find a way for some of my ashes will be used in cement park benches at FSU, the rest will go with my wife who has decided to be buried with them.  But I told her if it creeps her out too much -to just dump em in the closest water source.

I would have done a search, but I don't care for the people that posted (if such a topic exists) a time ago my have different answers now.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2009-05-20 20:10:18)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
Buried.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Hell, I'm dead I don't give a flying fuck
13rin
+977|6471

FatherTed wrote:

Buried.
Grandma was afraid of the worms..
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

cremated, although the ashes to ashes part is a joke
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
13rin
+977|6471

Macbeth wrote:

So let someone else choose for you?
13rin
+977|6471

haffeysucks wrote:

Because? Religious slogan?
Brasso
+1,549|6623

DBBrinson1 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

yes
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

So let someone else choose for you?
Let my family do whatever the hell they want to do with rotting corpse, it would no longer be of any use to me and if burying me somewhere makes them feel better or they want to do it on the cheap and cremate go for it.

Last edited by Macbeth (2009-05-20 20:15:36)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

There's a relatively new (to humans) procedure where you are turned into a nonhazardous liquid and flushed down the drain.  That sounds pretty cool.
13rin
+977|6471

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

There's a relatively new (to humans) procedure where you are turned into a nonhazardous liquid and flushed down the drain.  That sounds pretty cool.
So people end up consuming you from the water table?  Shit. Why not?
13rin
+977|6471

haffeysucks wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

yes
agreed.  Is this better?

jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

cremated, milled to a powder, and have my friends snort me up
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

Cremated. My family can do whatever they want with the ashes. Throw them in the nearest lake, or keep me in a urn somewhere in the house.

It just seems easier not having to reserve a plot, pick and choose a grave stone, choose an epitaph to add to it, etc.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

DBBrinson1 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

yes
agreed.  Is this better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goHYC6sfS2Q
sounds perfect.  they sound so similar except for that little nagging connotation.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

ebug9 wrote:

Cremated. My family can do whatever they want with the ashes. Throw them in the nearest lake, or keep me in a urn somewhere in the house.
Chocolate Milk Mix?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics

Not joking.

Only if I can afford it at the time obviously. Although compared to most funerals, it's actually really not even that bad. According to the Wiki article most people pay for it with life insurance.

Is it crazy? Yeah. But shit, if there's even a small chance of getting to see way into the future, I'm doing it.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6446|USA
Donate my organs and what not if possible

Someone told me something about a body farm, that too.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Probs cremated and have my ashes dumped somewhere in the NT.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
13rin
+977|6471

Poseidon wrote:

Not joking.

Only if I can afford it at the time obviously. Although compared to most funerals, it's actually really not even that bad. According to the Wiki article most people pay for it with life insurance.

Is it crazy? Yeah. But shit, if there's even a small chance of getting to see way into the future, I'm doing it.
I actually put this as an option to begin with... I also put the stipulation you applied (payment).  I nixed it, deciding to lump it in with the 'other' choice because -I felt if it was included as a option, everyone would pick it -as a stab at resurrection all be it damn the costs (insurance will pay).
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

I don't plan to leave any remains.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Not joking.

I actually put this as an option to begin with... I also put the stipulation you applied (payment).  I nixed it, deciding to lump it in with the 'other' choice because -I felt if it was included as a option, everyone would pick it -as a stab at resurrection all be it damn the costs (insurance will pay).
When it comes to death, I don't really care about sentimental stuff like what a traditional funeral would entail. My family is free to hold a service for me, but shit, I wanna see the future.
13rin
+977|6471

Ty wrote:

I don't plan to leave any remains.
F'n Ominous with your sig...
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5712|Gulf Coast

I'll tell my family to drop me off at the taxidermists. It would be hilarious for pranks and handy around Halloween too.
13rin
+977|6471

El Beardo wrote:

I'll tell my family to drop me off at the taxidermists. It would be hilarious for pranks and handy around Halloween too.
Is that even legal?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard