Yes42%42% - 18
No57%57% - 24
Total: 42
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
i agree with ty/lowing

i think i need a shower

also, fuck him in the ass with a pineapple backwards (not lowing)
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6180|Wisconsin

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Agreed with lowing and Ty.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647
I could care less either way. He's a hell of an athlete but a terrible quarterback.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5995|Truthistan
When I say reinstate him, I don't mean reinstate him as a matter of right back to his old salary and position.

If I were the owner of a team in the basement, like the Detroit Lions, and I needed an experienced quarter back, then Vick would be that guy. He's experienced and he would be really cheap because he comes damaged. If some team wants him, then the league should reinstate him. If no one wants him then so be it.

IMO some team will snap up a deal, even if he rides the pine as a back up.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Ok another question
Is there anything he could do to get back in any of your good graces that you ever could say he is a role model or that he should be allowed to play in the NFL again.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

why not let him play?  would a factory worker or a garbage man not be allowed to work in that profession again?  dont get me wrong, i wish nothing but horrible painful death on him and anyone who supports him, but he should be allowed to do his job.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6737|Salt Lake City

usmarine wrote:

why not let him play?  would a factory worker or a garbage man not be allowed to work in that profession again?  dont get me wrong, i wish nothing but horrible painful death on him and anyone who supports him, but he should be allowed to do his job.
I don't know.  Would you give Bernie Madoff a Series 7 license, even after he served his time?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I don't know.  Would you give Bernie Madoff a Series 7 license, even after he served his time?
i dont know what that is.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

usmarine wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i dont know what that is.
Shot in the dark; a license to sell and trade stock and bond?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

well thats dealing with peoples money directly.  vick just runs around and tosses a ball.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6184|Ireland
As I recall he was just busted for dog fighting and got railroaded for 3.5 years which he served.

Of course he should be able to play professional football.  After serving 3.5 years for dog fighting I would say he has paid his time and then some.  Him doing that that amount of time for such a minor offense has probably done more to stop dog fighting than anything else has ever done and if he plays it will only shed more light on the tough sentencing for dog fighting.

Hell, maybe more thugs will see dog fighting is not worth the risk and will go back to raping and car jacking that only carry light sentences if caught.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Macbeth wrote:

Ok another question
Is there anything he could do to get back in any of your good graces that you ever could say he is a role model or that he should be allowed to play in the NFL again.
Nope.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I think he should be allowed to play [i.e., work], but be banned from getting into the Hall of Fame.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-05-22 13:14:29)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Now hang on a minute it's not as simple as just "letting the man work", playing professional football can not be considered a real job; that's not even taking into account the vast amounts of money he earns. I have nothing against letting the man work but not in a "job" that gives him millions for running and throwing a ball. It's certainly not the same as a factory worker or a garbage man. Playing sport professionally for a living is a huge privelage and I'm of the opinion that Vick's crapped all over his chances to be able to have this privelage.

He doesn't deserve defending. Like I mentioned earlier, if he doesn't play someone else will. Vick had his chance, he fucked up by being a douchebag.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
I find it ironic that people wish "horrible painful death" on him but at the same time want him to keep his job. All or nothing IMO.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I find it ironic that people wish "horrible painful death" on him but at the same time want him to keep his job. All or nothing IMO.
They found Jesus while he was incarcerated.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

why?  i wish death on pelosi yet think she can work wherever she wants.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

Lotta_Drool wrote:

As I recall he was just busted for dog fighting and got railroaded for 3.5 years which he served.

Of course he should be able to play professional football.  After serving 3.5 years for dog fighting I would say he has paid his time and then some.  Him doing that that amount of time for such a minor offense has probably done more to stop dog fighting than anything else has ever done and if he plays it will only shed more light on the tough sentencing for dog fighting.

Hell, maybe more thugs will see dog fighting is not worth the risk and will go back to raping and car jacking that only carry light sentences if caught.
Drool makes a point, look how much outrage there is at this, not like he killed someone, then ran away from the police and had a massive trial and coverage that lasted decades for some fucking reason, yeah I'm talking about you, Orange Juice Simpson
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

The Juice is loose!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Mekstizzle wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Drool makes a point, look how much outrage there is at this, not like he killed someone, then ran away from the police and had a massive trial and coverage that lasted decades for some fucking reason, yeah I'm talking about you, Orange Juice Simpson
There's no outrage, there's just people saying that look, here's a guy who's a convicted felon and it seems wrong to reward him with a massive paycheck, fame and a job where all he has to do is play football and smile for the cameras.

The thing about dogfighting is that it proves that Vick is an immoral twat. It's not about "oh he only hurt a couple of dogs, it's not like he killed someone" it's what his being involved in dogfighting tells us about Michael Vick.

I know he's done the time for his crime but that doesn't wipe the slate clean. It doesn't for anyone who goes to prison and Michael Vick should be no different.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Swan
The town bike
+54|5448
Guess it was no surprise he was released from his contract. I wonder if it were a cock fighting ring would it have turned out the same, after all we eat chicken. Likewise if this case was in Vietnam would it had turned out the same, after all they eat dogs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard