Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I've taken as much as I can, the crappy Microsoft wireless keyboard has to go. It's unresponsive, it's difficult to type with and it relies on fresh batteries too much. It's also as filthy as an East African prostitute and as disturbingly sticky as one too thanks to a friend spilling "V" energy drink on it the other day.

I know there are other keyboard advice threads but bleaugh, I don't care.

Okay so I'm looking for an all-purpose keyboard. Price is not really an issue but "sensibly" priced would be preferable. I want something that's easy to type on and good to game with. Programmable keys I don't really care about but they seem to be a staple of gaming keyboards so whatever.

I'm not adverse to flashy lights, (I have a Copperhead mouse to prove it,) in fact because I'm a sucker for the nerd-bling I'd probably prefer having them.

I'm tossing up between the Microsoft Sidewinder and one of the Razer ones but I'm certainly not set on one or the other. I'd appreciate any advice.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

Just pick up a cheapo logitech one
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

find a Saitek Eclipse for cheap.  no complaints at all after i got it for $20 about 2 years ago.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Ty wrote:

I know there are other keyboard advice threads but bleaugh, I don't care.
But "what"? I think your keyboard failed there.

also: keyboards, srs business

Last edited by AussieReaper (2009-05-17 19:59:17)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5503| - | - | - | - | - |
I've had 3 Razer Mice and 2 keyboards and I stand by them-hands down the best I've ever used. The only thing I could even think about complaining about with them is my Lycosa's shiny surface needs to be cleaned a lot.

Otherwise I've had nothing but problems with Logitech mice but the G15 I had was fine.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada
I rather like my saitek eclipse II... Razer makes some stylish functional keyboards. That sidewinder looks nice as well... was considering it for my next board, the removable number pad is nice for saving space too.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
I saw the thread title and I was all " hmmm...smackdown time..." but then I saw it was Ty and I'm all "...cool..."
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

ATG wrote:

I saw the thread title and I was all " hmmm...smackdown time..." but then I saw it was Ty and I'm all "...cool..."
Discrimination

G15's awesome Ty but I've also heard very good things about the Razer Lycosa.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

ATG wrote:

If you really want me to ATG I'll get rid of my old keyboard by smashing it over the head of an annoying fourteen year-old.

Cleaning is another important factor, I'd like something that's easy to clean - thoroughly.
[Blinking eyes thing]
ATG
Banned

Ty wrote:

ATG wrote:

If you really want me to ATG I'll get rid of my old keyboard by smashing it over the head of an annoying fourteen year-old.

Cleaning is another important factor, I'd like something that's easy to clean - thoroughly.
How about shoot it with a gun and post video on ewetube.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

ATG wrote:

Ty wrote:

ATG wrote:

Is .22 okay? I'd shoot it with my .270 but the neighbors would notice - my .22 is silenced.
[Blinking eyes thing]
ATG
Banned

Ty wrote:

ATG wrote:

Ty wrote:

Is .22 okay? I'd shoot it with my .270 but the neighbors would notice - my .22 is silenced.
That'd be
alexb
<3
+590|5942|Kentucky, USA

max wrote:

Just pick up a cheapo logitech one
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6447|EE Chat
My G15 is I love all the programs for the LCD. If you have a shit lot of money. Go for
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod … 22-1487378
It has a fuckin LCD screen.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
Logitech Wave seems pretty awesome. My friend has it and loves it.

But for a gamer-style one, I recommend the Microsoft Sidewinder X6. I love it
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6151|'straya
I use a Logitech Media 600 keyboard... its really cheap and does everything I need it to (just wanted music controls etc)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Ibm 101.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

Cheap = Logitech Media Elite, built as well as the v1 G15 and dirt cheap.

Nerd bling = Razer Tarantula, best keyboard going plus it looks amazing (can remove all keys for cleaning btw even comes with a lil tool for just that task).  I would say give the Lycosa a swerve, it's quite cheap feeling in comparison to the Tarantula but, the backlit keys are quite epic and the WASD highlighting is more handy than it sounds if, like me, you're too lazy to go turn the lights in the room on

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2009-05-18 03:21:47)

LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5461|Yeah, there :)
I have Logitech Ultra Flat. Cheap and okay, but it's starting to die :]
So next one will be Razer just dunno if Tarantula or Lycosa :]
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6441|King Of The Islands

G15 in NZ$

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Ioan92
+337|5724
Microsoft comfort curves are pretty good! They're also good for FPS's imo.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

FFLink13 wrote:

Logitech Wave seems pretty awesome. My friend has it and loves it.

But for a gamer-style one, I recommend the Microsoft Sidewinder X6. I love it
I have it as well, very decent even for gaming, cool Redtube shortcuts too
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Broodbeleg
+34|5854|The Netherlands

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Cheap = Logitech Media Elite, built as well as the v1 G15 and dirt cheap.

Nerd bling = Razer Tarantula, best keyboard going plus it looks amazing (can remove all keys for cleaning btw even comes with a lil tool for just that task).  I would say give the Lycosa a swerve, it's quite cheap feeling in comparison to the Tarantula but, the backlit keys are quite epic and the WASD highlighting is more handy than it sounds if, like me, you're too lazy to go turn the lights in the room on
True, only i dont think you can remove the keys easily on the lycosa. But maybe it can be done if you open the keyboard from the bottom.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

You can't remove the keys on the Lycosa.
baggs
+732|6206
Microsoft Sidewinder is what i would recommend, i've been using one for a few months now. Extreme comfort and some nice features, looks great too.

I looked at and tried others, Sidewinder just reeked of quality compared to others.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard