TheFaust
+0|6748|Province of Quebec, Canada
We might get a rank Promotion in the next patch...  See the answer I received from EA on this.
----------

Response (GM Wolf) 10/30/2005 02:16 PM 
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about ranking problems with First Sergeant in Battlefield 2.  We want to let our players know that DICE is aware of the issue and may be addressing this in a future patch. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to award this rank but we are hoping that a retroactive fix in the future may correct this error in the ranking system. I’m afraid we have no ETA on this currently and apologize for the trouble.

Thank you for writing us,

EA Wolf

Player Relations

Electronic Arts
--------------------
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/48049021/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/48049021/sig.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/48049021/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/48049021/sig5.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://bf2s.com/player/48049021/][img]http://bf2s.com/player/48049021/awards.jpg[/img][/url]
Coryphaeus
+0|6765
I like these parts best " may be addressing this in a future patch." , and "we have no ETA on this currently" yeah, well thats that I guess, very lame, im waiting for poe.
lt.lockz
+1|6744

roguegeneral wrote:

The crieteria for the MID EAST RIBBON and FAR EAST RIBBON
I'm a little suprised no one still doesn't know the criteria for these awards.The generic criteria is time in theater and time in service.
I have played all the maps from all sides= time in theater.Time in service the real requirement  is 250 hours global. I recieved both ribbons after  I hit the 250hr mark... I play karkand all the time was checking stats and saw the new ribbon i got mid east ribbon. That was the weekend I hit 250 hrs globally. I went and played 1 china map I received the far east ribbon. Neither ribbon showed in the game I think  or I wasn't paying attention but they were in my stats once the round ended...

Criteria
Mid East ribbon
250hrs global=time in service
MEC map rotation= time in theater

Far East Ribbon
China map rotation=time in theater

the requirements for time in theater is just a total of playing the maps not how long just that u have played them once  I think...
I suspect these are correct and would like credit for these ribbons since  u have no info on these as of yet..

Thks,
HkD|RogueGeneral
ummm pretty sure this may be incorrect simply bcuz i have both and have nowhere near 250 hours, besides i got em around 30hrs or so
jnick
+22|6773
I think he was refering to the medals . . . which I'm curious why didn't Chuy put those reqs in? ::

Navy Cross:
-250hrs USA
-500 Wins with USA
-100+ B.R. Score with USA

Golden Thingy-Ma-jig:
-250hrs MEC
-500 Wins with MEC
-100+ B.R. Score with MEC

Peoples Medallion:
-250hrs PLA
-500 Wins with PLA
-100+ B.R. Score with PLA

This has been confirmed already.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6747|United States of America

roguegeneral wrote:

The crieteria for the MID EAST RIBBON and FAR EAST RIBBON
I'm a little suprised no one still doesn't know the criteria for these awards.The generic criteria is time in theater and time in service.
I have played all the maps from all sides= time in theater.Time in service the real requirement  is 250 hours global. I recieved both ribbons after  I hit the 250hr mark... I play karkand all the time was checking stats and saw the new ribbon i got mid east ribbon. That was the weekend I hit 250 hrs globally. I went and played 1 china map I received the far east ribbon. Neither ribbon showed in the game I think  or I wasn't paying attention but they were in my stats once the round ended...

Criteria
Mid East ribbon
MEC map rotation= time in theater

Far East Ribbon
China map rotation=time in theater

the requirements for time in theater is just a total of playing the maps not how long just that u have played them once  I think...
I suspect these are correct and would like credit for these ribbons since  u have no info on these as of yet..

Thks,
HkD|RogueGeneral
WAY OFF!!!! I have been playin for 3 weeks now for about 2 hours a day, im a sgt and guess what! I have both far east and middle east ribbons, ubar was correct in just having tiem on there. anytime, dont care what 5 minutes... 5 days... it worked
jnick
+22|6773
Read what I posted above. He meant the medals not the ribbons.
RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6744|Here
Can anyone verify the Crew Service Ribbon requirements.  I was a gunner in a 2 seater jet, got my kills, and the pilot got his, and I got the ribbon without ever getting a single special ability point.  Is that special ability point still a requirement?
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6761|Canada, Ont
Special Ability Point and Driver Assist Point get Calculated into one thing 'Driver Points' so I don't think it has to be Specific
RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6744|Here
I did not get either of those.  I was a gunner on a 2-seater as Spec Ops.  I could understand if I was support, engineer, or medic, but I was Spec Ops.

All I had was kills and kill assists, not any special ability points or other driver points.  Just kills and assists.
Pxl_Buzzard
1 am teh w1n!!
+0|6741|The Internet
Ok, here's something about Ribbons. I earned the Far East and East Ribbon after the patch.(of course) I had a pretty nice win/loss rate for Chinese and MEC, and after reviewing my friends account, he only got the Far East because he had more losses than wins on China. That's my help.
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6811|ATX
The rank requirements for Sergeant Major of the Corps have to be wrong since (as of 10:00pm Central Time on November 3, 2005) BlaZiN.uk has already obtained it and he doesn't even have 200,000 yet.

Check it out.

and in case he get 1st Lt too fast... here's a snapshot.
https://home.austin.rr.com/tedandheidi/images/blazin.jpg

Last edited by Clayton_Bigsby (2005-11-03 19:39:29)

Crypto_420
+25|6834|Portland
The Sgt Major of the Marine Corps is wrong,  Blazin is already the rank and he does not have 250,000 GP yet!!

Sorry did not see the post above mine,   same thing tho

There is not point requirment to this rank,  its just the highest scroring Sgt major in a month

Crypto_420

https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg

Last edited by Crypto_420 (2005-11-03 19:59:35)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

Yeah. Apparently EA decided to forego the reqs they had listed in the medal data file. *shrug*
Crowly
+6|6795
I think the number of kills on the veteran sniper badge is incorrect. It says 15 kills, but ive got 15 kills several times without getting the badge, i didnt get it until i got 18 kills.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6762|AUS, Canberra

Crowly wrote:

I think the number of kills on the veteran sniper badge is incorrect. It says 15 kills, but ive got 15 kills several times without getting the badge, i didnt get it until i got 18 kills.
its 15 its just like everything else it may take a while to show up,
my mate met the pistol vetran reqs but didnt get the in game award ceremony till a few rounds later
k9fish
+0|6742
I have the far east ribbon and middle east ribbon and i only have  hours to my name
Pxl_Buzzard
1 am teh w1n!!
+0|6741|The Internet
u have a lot of logged hours to havea low score like that.
mikejr879
+0|6739|USA, Ohio (Ulm,Germany)

B.Schuss wrote:

Krauser98 wrote:

We get a lot of posts here about the details in UBAR.  While none of the BF2s.com staff claim to be perfect (except B.Schuss, but he is German, so it might be true) they have conducted extensive research on the subjects of badges, ribbons, medals, ranking, and the like.  If you think something has been mistakenly placed in UBAR or if you think the requirements may be wrong, this is the place to let them know (in an adult fashion) what exactly the problem is.  Make sure you know what you’re talking about and not basing your opinion off another site or a glitch in the game.  Otherwise, your post and subsequent replies will end up like a Black Hawk with me at the wheel and the replies riding in the back…
I'm with you, bro...

And I assure you, I have my problems with perfection. It's so hard to reach, and once you are there it's just jealousy everywhere... so why even bother ?
Eigenlob stinkt

Last edited by mikejr879 (2005-11-10 22:08:59)

MrWooters
+0|6755
The requirements on the Veteran Engineer Badge in UBAR are incorrect. UBAR states in a round 10 repair points are required along with 15 hours as an engineer. When in fact it's 7 repair points in a round and the 15 hours remains correct. Try it...I dont know how I can prove it, I should have grabbed a screenshot but even then it wouldn't prove how many repair points I had. When I say 'I' I actually mean my friend Doc*BK* who got the award after seven repair points.

Last edited by MrWooters (2005-11-15 11:30:53)

CackNBallz
+45|6734|Toronto, Canada
I got my veteran engineer badge a few seconds after getting my 10th repair point.  I ticked it off a notepad near my keyboard to help keep track of them.

The previous few posts about the service ribbon, he was indeed referring to the ribbon.  Those were the old speculated (possibly real) requirements for the ribbons. I got both of those ribbons only after 7 hours for playing as MEC, 8 hours as USMC and 3 hours as PLA. Notice how he had time in service and time in theatre as the requirements, which happen to be the requirements for the ribbons and not the medals.  There are two awards he stated and not three (2 ribbons and 3 medals).

RME_JICO wrote:

I did not get either of those.  I was a gunner on a 2-seater as Spec Ops.  I could understand if I was support, engineer, or medic, but I was Spec Ops.

All I had was kills and kill assists, not any special ability points or other driver points.  Just kills and assists.
It doesn't matter what you were in the vehicle.  It matters what your teammate is while they are in the vehicle.  Driver special ability points aren't what you do to your teammates, it is what your teammates do while they are in the vehicle.  Say they repair, resupply or heal someone while you are flying low, they would get their respective repair, resupply or healing point and you would get your special driver ability point.
DanKicker
+0|6761|Canada

mrnatrium wrote:

Rustyboy wrote:

It would not matter how you did it

As long as you have 1:4 kills:deaths ratio

and your kills >= 5 & deaths >= 20

e.g. 5:20, 6:24, 7:28, 8:32

You can kill 5 people and for the rest of the map just go around trying to revive everybody,
Once your deaths get to 20, there you go Purple Heart.

I personally have not got it and I don't want it LOL
i tried that that DIDN"T work why else woud i post it
jou need to die 20 times whitout killing and then kill 5 whitout dieing (or 24 kill and 6 death etc.)
Guys, I would not be proud to have the purple heart! It just means you're not a good player, that's my opinion. And everybody should agree with my opinions! Hahaha
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6756|Dallas

DanKicker wrote:

mrnatrium wrote:

Rustyboy wrote:

It would not matter how you did it

As long as you have 1:4 kills:deaths ratio

and your kills >= 5 & deaths >= 20

e.g. 5:20, 6:24, 7:28, 8:32

You can kill 5 people and for the rest of the map just go around trying to revive everybody,
Once your deaths get to 20, there you go Purple Heart.

I personally have not got it and I don't want it LOL
i tried that that DIDN"T work why else woud i post it
jou need to die 20 times whitout killing and then kill 5 whitout dieing (or 24 kill and 6 death etc.)
Guys, I would not be proud to have the purple heart! It just means you're not a good player, that's my opinion. And everybody should agree with my opinions! Hahaha
No, I doubt EA put that award in there to tell the rest of the world you suck.  I have it, I had to actively try to get it, but I think any award is worth getting.  If you want to make fun of someone, look for someone who has 2 or 3 or more purple hearts.......
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6839|San Francisco

MrWooters wrote:

The requirements on the Veteran Engineer Badge in UBAR are incorrect. UBAR states in a round 10 repair points are required along with 15 hours as an engineer. When in fact it's 7 repair points in a round and the 15 hours remains correct. Try it...I dont know how I can prove it, I should have grabbed a screenshot but even then it wouldn't prove how many repair points I had. When I say 'I' I actually mean my friend Doc*BK* who got the award after seven repair points.
Nope... I have gotten more than 7 repair points in a round and still have yet to get my vet repair badge.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6738|The United Center

tF-voodoochild wrote:

MrWooters wrote:

Nope... I have gotten more than 7 repair points in a round and still have yet to get my vet repair badge.
yeah, i didnt get my vet repair until my 11th repair point, but i attribute that to server lag.  i'm almost positive that 10 repair points is correct.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard