romega2683
+4|6500
According to UBAR you get a Far East and Middle East ribbon just for playing on the maps. What is strange is that I have played on all the appropriate maps and only just got a ribbon. Is it more likely that you need a win on each of the maps to get the award?
brewster
+0|6489
what are the requirements for the new north american service ribbon if it actualy exsists, so far noone ive talked to has even heard about it let alone goten it, i got my far east and middle east ribbons the first day of playing this game
Toonces7
+11|6535|Iowa
Far East and Middle East ribbon:  I got mine by only finishing one round in each map that they listed.  Some of those maps I've only played once and I don't have a win on some of them.  You can check my account to verify on the times.  I haven't even played BF2 for 10 hours, more of a SF player.  My buddy J.G.Plisskin also only has one of these ribbons.  He's met all requirements for the maps for his Mid East ribbons and it didn't reward him either.
brewster
+0|6489
the way i got the Ground Defense Ribbon was i sat in tow missile on karkand at the back, wile commander. as soon as i got 10 command points i got the ribbon, i didnt kill a single person in it noone got past the bridge, so i know its not 5 kills... unless they fixed it with the last patch
Bernadictus
+1,055|6697

brewster wrote:

the way i got the Ground Defense Ribbon was i sat in tow missile on karkand at the back, wile commander. as soon as i got 10 command points i got the ribbon, i didnt kill a single person in it noone got past the bridge, so i know its not 5 kills... unless they fixed it with the last patch
did you use ARTY? they count.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6483
I found a bug in the SF kits. The MECSF Assult kit doesnt have the AK-101 with GP-30 it has the AK-101 with Hand grenades instead of a grenade launcher.
Phrozenbot
+632|6576|do not disturb

European Union Service Ribbon, how about someone deletes it?
Shoto.uk
+0|6498|Kent - UK

roguegeneral wrote:

The crieteria for the MID EAST RIBBON and FAR EAST RIBBON
I'm a little suprised no one still doesn't know the criteria for these awards.The generic criteria is time in theater and time in service.
I have played all the maps from all sides= time in theater.Time in service the real requirement  is 250 hours global. I recieved both ribbons after  I hit the 250hr mark... I play karkand all the time was checking stats and saw the new ribbon i got mid east ribbon. That was the weekend I hit 250 hrs globally. I went and played 1 china map I received the far east ribbon. Neither ribbon showed in the game I think  or I wasn't paying attention but they were in my stats once the round ended...

Criteria
Mid East ribbon
250hrs global=time in service
MEC map rotation= time in theater

Far East Ribbon
China map rotation=time in theater

the requirements for time in theater is just a total of playing the maps not how long just that u have played them once  I think...
I suspect these are correct and would like credit for these ribbons since  u have no info on these as of yet..

Thks,
HkD|RogueGeneral
If you look at my stats ( http://bf2s.com/player/67742560/ ) you'll see I got both well before I hit 250 hrs.

Enrollment Date  2006-03-24 23:03:00

Got both of them 2006-04-03 - so even if i had played 24hrs for 10 days ( not that addicted -yet) non stop it would have only been 240 hrs. Early days I averaged about 2 - 3 hrs/day. I also didn't see them come up ingame but were added to my awards anon later.

Great site BTW & Thanx for your hard work
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6698

Shoto.uk wrote:

roguegeneral wrote:

I'm a little suprised no one still doesn't know the criteria for these awards.The generic criteria is time in theater and time in service.
I have played all the maps from all sides= time in theater.Time in service the real requirement  is 250 hours global. I recieved both ribbons after  I hit the 250hr mark... I play karkand all the time was checking stats and saw the new ribbon i got mid east ribbon. That was the weekend I hit 250 hrs globally. I went and played 1 china map I received the far east ribbon. Neither ribbon showed in the game I think  or I wasn't paying attention but they were in my stats once the round ended...

Criteria
Mid East ribbon

Far East Ribbon

the requirements for time in theater is just a total of playing the maps not how long just that u have played them once  I think...
I suspect these are correct and would like credit for these ribbons since  u have no info on these as of yet..

Thks,
HkD|RogueGeneral
If you look at my stats ( http://bf2s.com/player/67742560/ ) you'll see I got both well before I hit 250 hrs.

Got both of them 2006-04-03 - so even if i had played 24hrs for 10 days ( not that addicted -yet) non stop it would have only been 240 hrs. Early days I averaged about 2 - 3 hrs/day. I also didn't see them come up ingame but were added to my awards anon later.

look at my stats.... I got them and I dont even have 75 hrs. As a matter of fact I got them when I had about 25 hrs.
kardinalios
+7|6652|Greece
Take a look at my European stats.
http://bf2s.com/player/58502122/

100 best round while playing European Union
46.00%
46 of 100.

Great Wall 02:59:21 4 9 0.44 49
Major Payne
+18|6741|Netherlands
well the ubar guide helped me and so far it was all true
ObratToDoMnichova
+1|6453
I have problem with stats while playing PLC - best round stats stopped at 93!!! It is not possible, I should have a few hundreds, not only 93!!! I cannot get People's Medallion because of that.

Other - Veteran Knife Badge - I have 51 kills, but I haven't received Veteran Knife Badge? So are 7 kills IAR still needed for veteran? I have 1.3 patch of course.
aapjesopdedijk
+1|6517
yeah
w0ls0n
+16|6507|Maine

B.Schuss wrote:

Krauser98 wrote:

We get a lot of posts here about the details in UBAR.  While none of the BF2s.com staff claim to be perfect (except B.Schuss, but he is German, so it might be true) they have conducted extensive research on the subjects of badges, ribbons, medals, ranking, and the like.  If you think something has been mistakenly placed in UBAR or if you think the requirements may be wrong, this is the place to let them know (in an adult fashion) what exactly the problem is.  Make sure you know what you’re talking about and not basing your opinion off another site or a glitch in the game.  Otherwise, your post and subsequent replies will end up like a Black Hawk with me at the wheel and the replies riding in the back…
I'm with you, bro...

And I assure you, I have my problems with perfection. It's so hard to reach, and once you are there it's just jealousy everywhere... so why even bother ?
OMFG, I got soooo pissed when I jumped out of a helo and I pulled the ripcord immideately (SP) and then I looked at my stats and I had a -10. I was like wtf?! and I realized what I did LOL
brewster
+0|6489

Shoto.uk wrote:

roguegeneral wrote:

Criteria
Mid East ribbon

Far East Ribbon

Thks,
HkD|RogueGeneral

sorry man but your wrong, go look at my stats , Master_Brewster i got both ribbons 6 days after starting to play this game, got it dec 25th, got the ribbons dec 31... unless its posible for me to play 41.7 hrs a day, then your compleatly wrong
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6435|Belgium
I also got my mec and pla ribbon by just playing maps not any hour i had it the first day
Mexanick
+3|6414|Russia
Insurgent and probably rebels service ribbons time should be fixed. It needs 45 hours in theater, not 50. Look at my stats (46235405), 47hrs and i have it.
Phrozenbot
+632|6576|do not disturb

North American Service ribbon is wrong.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6766|Portland, OR, USA

Sergeant Major of the Corps

Can we add a note that no one can get it anymore or something? Just had a noob ask me how to get it and that made me think of it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6329|Netherlands

Hellogoodsir wrote:

North American Service ribbon is wrong.
Wow you are really observant...

I'll continue where you left off though and actually explain what is wrong with it.

The requirements are NOT 25h playing in the USMC theater, but 25h playing Armored Fury. The reason its not theater time with AF is (probably) because there are no new sides to play as, and a LOT of players already had their 25h US time filled by a long shot. So they decided to make it 25h of playtime instead of theater time.

Disclaimer: Above theory collected from looking at player stats who have earned the ribbon. I myself am 10 hours away from the 25h mark, if I get it at that point I will confirm my beliefs.

Tiger
Mr.Waulrus
+0|6252
Ok, There is only one thing that is completely wrong. THE USMC theater ribbon for the armored fury expansion only appears after you spend 50 hours playing there. How do I know? My friend had all of the accomplishements such as 1s on a map, so do I but none of us could get it. When he hit the mark, the 50 hour mark, he got it.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6551|Reisterstown, MD

Mr.Waulrus wrote:

Ok, There is only one thing that is completely wrong. THE USMC theater ribbon for the armored fury expansion only appears after you spend 50 hours playing there. How do I know? My friend had all of the accomplishements such as 1s on a map, so do I but none of us could get it. When he hit the mark, the 50 hour mark, he got it.
Did u even read the post above yours?  He says the exact same thing. Btw, it is 25 hrs not 50.  Check my squadmates stats and u will find ur answer.

Last edited by killer21 (2007-02-04 20:28:23)

Kroziun
+0|6186|UK
Okay, I have read numourous posts in this thread regarding the Far East Service and Middle East Service ribbons. I have got check-marks/ticks for all maps as you can see on my full-page stats. (although the ribbons themselves are still classed as "not obtained")

If anyone is interested, keep checking my stats to see when I actually get awarded them, and I'll try to remember to post what I think happened at the time.

(I'm still trying to understand some of the stuff in this game as I'm still a newbie)

Regards,

Kroziun.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6633|Colorado
Ubar doesn't update stats as fast as bf2player. If I just play a game then log off my true score is updated & ready at bf2player, here it seems to take a couple hours if not a day.   why when ubar is better ?
Kroziun
+0|6186|UK
RE: MEC Service Ribbon

Well, this post at another forum makes me think that perhaps EA have either turned off the award or upped the criteria for gaining it:

http://forums.bf2stats.nl/viewtopic1672.html

This guy's a Second Lieutenant with a huge amount of hours gameplay under his belt. He's played every map with 129 hours in the MEC theatre. On top of that he's already got most awards...

Makes me think you won't get it as easily as you think!

Last edited by Kroziun (2007-04-13 01:16:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard