Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6702|England
Is there any way to get this thing working? I want to use 1080p on my monitor (1920x1200) but selecting 1080p on the desktop or in games results in the image being stretched off the edges of my screen. The flat panel scaling option in the nvidia control panel is grey out with 'use my displays' built in scaling'
google hasn't turned up any fixes, only loads of other people with the same problem. This worked fine with ATi drivers

Anybody got answers for this? if not, fuck it, I'm off back to ATi when the new cards are out
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

Why would you want to run a lower res than your monitor is designed for? It won't look good.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6702|England

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Why would you want to run a lower res than your monitor is designed for? It won't look good.
I want to use 1080p for reasons I can't explain. It will look good if nvidia drivers worked. I don't want it to stretch the image full screen or overscan like its currently doing. Just keep it at its original res with black bars on the top and bottom.

Last edited by Drykill (2009-05-14 04:10:54)

Computer_Guy
+54|6707
Why does everyone like 16:9 resolution rather than 16:10, you get the extra space with 16:10 res.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

Makes no sense at all.....
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6702|England
Bf2, wider aspect ratio allows you to see further and I wanted to do some fullscreen recording in 1080p.

However this doesn't matter now as I've just ordered a 4870x2

Mods can close this if you like.
aimless
+166|6135|Texas
Go to your Nvidia Control Panel and find the "Change Signal/HD Format" tab. I'm not sure what mine used to say but the settings are in there to properly change the resoultion to 1920x1080. Then adjust the scaling as you wish.
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6702|England

aimless wrote:

Go to your Nvidia Control Panel and find the "Change Signal/HD Format" tab. I'm not sure what mine used to say but the settings are in there to properly change the resoultion to 1920x1080. Then adjust the scaling as you wish.
Doesn't work. Been onto nvidia support and he said it doesn't work over HDMI, their solution is to revert back to 177.92 beta drivers

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard