blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6654
Inside Microsoft's 'Future Home

Watch the video seems pretty cool wut do you think? Our homes within next ten years, or how the technology may enhance our lives in 5 or ten years.. I dont know seems kind of like technology keeps making us lazier and lazier and based on this video its making things even easier so you dont have to for example read shit.... things would be read out loud to you.....Wut do you guys think?

Last edited by blademaster (2009-05-13 12:24:37)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6456|Chicago, IL
link doesn't work, attempts to fix linked me to some German page.

But I can vacuum my own floor, this smart house crap is pointless, and contributing to our obesity.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6654

S.Lythberg wrote:

link doesn't work, attempts to fix linked me to some German page.

But I can vacuum my own floor, this smart house crap is pointless, and contributing to our obesity.
k fixed the link it should work now

Last edited by blademaster (2009-05-13 12:26:59)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6636|UK
Link works for me.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6654

liquidat0r wrote:

Link works for me.
k good watch it and post some input on wut u think? do you think its good for us? bad? unnecessary? over the top? Where do you stand?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6456|Chicago, IL
It's probably helpful for older/disabled people living on their own, but for most its unnecessary
motherdear
+25|6661|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
would like to know the daily power consumption of a beast of a house built like that (like come one, interactive wallpapers wtf)
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6478

motherdear wrote:

would like to know the daily power consumption of a beast of a house built like that (like come one, interactive wallpapers wtf)
I doubt the power consumption will be a problem if you can afford that kind of house.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6587|Columbus, OH
Sounds like a headache for me. Everyone, that I know, will probably call me and ask me why some thing is not running right.
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5757|Croatia
-If you have a boy,he will love a blue screen of death wallpaper
-Old people+medication+windows interface=tragedy
-I'm not sure how working with knives and other sharp object would work out on that surface
-kids love to crayon the walls

and imagine all the migrens you would get by being surrounded with screens and monitors working all day and "interacting" with them

Last edited by blah (2009-05-13 14:11:24)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6637|IRELAND

Windows crashed my work software today and then corrupted my automatic backup loosing a full days work. If they think I'm letting those fuckers control shit in my house they can think again. Make fucking windows work first you twats, then you can dream.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
I don't anything there will really ever come into play.

Look at how homes have advanced with technology in the past 10 years...nothing really that substantial.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6311
thats some high tech stuff.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6335|England

JahManRed wrote:

Make fucking windows work first you twats, then you can dream.
Tbh.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6629|Auteuil, Laval
I'm in the process to buy a house.
Able to do real good stuff from my hands, I'm wondering what I should do.  Take a seized house from finance, flip it  or make it my own.  If my own I would probably invest a bit in basic home gadgets.  Surely not into all that flashy hardware.

For now I still think;

JahManRed wrote:

Windows crashed my work software today and then corrupted my automatic backup loosing a full days work. If they think I'm letting those fuckers control shit in my house they can think again. Make fucking windows work first you twats, then you can dream.
Exactly!

Fuck that!  Gimme better rego!!!
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5914|CA
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

Hooray, a home "Office Assistant".

"It looks like you're attempting to make bread. Do you need hel-"
"No fuck off."
"It looks lik-"
"I said NO fuck OFF!"
"I-"
"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING PAPERCLIP!"

Most of the stuff looks pretty pointless, it's kind of cool in a gimicky kind of way though. I hope you can change that house's voice to Pierce Brosnan's.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6496|Newcastle Upon Tyne.
What happens when it all goes wrong and the house trys to kill you like on the simpsons?!

Pretty cool in theory, whether it would work in the real world is another matter though.

Ty wrote:

"No fuck off."
"It looks lik-"
"I said NO fuck OFF!"
"I-"

Most of the stuff looks pretty pointless, it's kind of cool in a gimicky kind of way though. I hope you can change that house's voice to Pierce Brosnan's.
reminds me of that part of "Mine" or "Mine 2" i forget which one exactly...

Last edited by hawaythelads (2009-05-13 15:39:20)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6463|The Twilight Zone
I'm not impressed. The less electricity usage, the better.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
rdx-fx
+955|6601

Ty wrote:

"No fuck off."
"It looks lik-"
"I said NO fuck OFF!"
"I-"

Well said, Ty.

More to the point;

Bluescreen
"Application Household has detected a buffer overflow in Toilet.dll. Please contact your system administrator to restart Application Household"
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

I read all the MS fail comments and wonder how I, with four different windows machines, can make it almost every single day without issue.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6463|USA
any1 ever see that disney movie where they like win a dream house and the computer like goes psycho and is overprotectve to her "tenants" if you will???
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
or how about space odyssey instead?

lol

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-05-13 19:11:39)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

FatherTed wrote:

or how about space odyssey instead?

lol
lol.. hal
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer