Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6646|Your moms bedroom
So... my window is fucked on my 03 350Z, turns out, this is a common problem. I could easily take it to the shop and get it fixed, but I dont want to. I want to fix it myself.

How the fuck does a car with 12,000 miles and always been garaged have its window worn out??? I've no fucking clue, but ive found tons of shit on the internet on how to fix it. So I am going to attempt fix it myself

Step 1. Determined window is broken, yep, right window opens, left window does not, relays just click in the open/close button.
Step 2. Check internets to see wtf is wrong with my goddamned window. Found several helpful forums and will post upon editing
Step 3. Begin Removing door panel (4) screws, damn this is easy (ya i know i just fucked myself) I have to determine that it is not a reset switch button on my servo that resets a kind of safety switch (so the glass doesnt break when I close the door if the glass is to high)
Step 4. I cannot find the switch and start ripping off hole covers on the plate covering the glass
Step 5. Success, found the switch, but is a no go, hoping for the easy fix. I figured this might be the problem cause sometimes when I store my car the battery goes dead.
Step 6. Start searching the web again when I come across this gem

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/353429

this guy is my motherfucking hero

Step 7. Busted out my multimeter and started testing the pins going to the servo, I found voltage going to it when i depress the up/down switch. (Fuck! now im going to have to replace this bitch)
Step 8. Ordered the part online, (under 150 bucks w/shipping handling) I guess ill spend the next few days removing the piece of shit window opener
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England
https://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/b/X/9_07_matrix_gallery_manual_window.jpg
Locoloki
they still make cars with those?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6573|NYC / Hamburg

Out of warranty already? Ouch
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Locoloki wrote:

Locoloki

max wrote:

Out of warranty already? Ouch
6 years, ya probably. re-upping would cost me more and its only got 12,000 miles on it, so theres really no need unless crap like this keeps happening, im just going to have to keep the battery full up and pay more attention to shit like that.

you know what happens when you pay something off after 5 years? it breaks as soon as you get the title lol
Benzin
+576|6005
man, you must never drive that car ... shame on you ...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5794|Catherine Black
tl;dr of OP: hur hur I'm rich I have a 350z my penis is small.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Benzin
+576|6005
You don't have to be rich to have a 350Z ...
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6203|Winland

CapnNismo wrote:

According to Finny, being able to order extra fries with your burger is being rich.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6626|Mhz

CapnNismo wrote:

Very true, I almost got one myself, and i'm anything but loaded (on credit I'll admit), until I saw the insurance lol, I decided to get a crappy old thing and get some no claims before I dump 7k on a nice car. Tis one of my dream cars, I love the things.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6656|Keyboard

Freezer7Pro wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

According to Finny, being able to order extra fries with your burger is being rich.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5794|Catherine Black

Yaocelotl wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

When you're unemployed and don't get any money from your parents, then yeah.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

Mekstizzle wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

Most of the time, manual > automatic. Don't need the keys when you wanna roll down the window and you're sitting in a hot parking lot or something.

Only bad time is when you're on the freeway and want to roll down the passenger side window

Last edited by mtb0minime (2009-05-12 12:38:01)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6626|Mhz

mtb0minime wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

Most of the time, manual > automatic. Don't need the keys when you wanna roll down the window and you're sitting in a hot parking lot or something.

Only bad time is when you're on the freeway and want to roll down the passenger side window
Or you could open the door
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Nah, then people will run up and rape me
Mekstizzle
WALKER

mtb0minime wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Nah, then people will run up and rape me
Exactly

This guy knows how it is
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum
350zs are cars in the vein of Mazda MX5's.

Cheap, quick, well built fun.

A bit like a hothatch, but more purpose built.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CrazeD
+368|6679|Maine
Bahahahahaha!!

I dunno why, but I just laughed my ass of at that.
OxenBreeder
+46|5772|KTRI

Locoloki wrote:

So... my window is fucked on my 03 350Z, turns out, this is a common problem. I could easily take it to the shop and get it fixed, but I dont want to. I want to fix it myself.

How the fuck does a car with 12,000 miles and always been garaged have its window worn out??? I've no fucking clue, but ive found tons of shit on the internet on how to fix it. So I am going to attempt fix it myself

Step 1. Determined window is broken, yep, right window opens, left window does not, relays just click in the open/close button.
Step 2. Check internets to see wtf is wrong with my goddamned window. Found several helpful forums and will post upon editing
Step 3. Begin Removing door panel (4) screws, damn this is easy (ya i know i just fucked myself) I have to determine that it is not a reset switch button on my servo that resets a kind of safety switch (so the glass doesnt break when I close the door if the glass is to high)
Step 4. I cannot find the switch and start ripping off hole covers on the plate covering the glass
Step 5. Success, found the switch, but is a no go, hoping for the easy fix. I figured this might be the problem cause sometimes when I store my car the battery goes dead.

Step 7. Busted out my multimeter and started testing the pins going to the servo, I found voltage going to it when i depress the up/down switch. (Fuck! now im going to have to replace this bitch)
Step 8. Ordered the part online, (under 150 bucks w/shipping handling) I guess ill spend the next few days removing the piece of shit window opener
Locoloki, I just replaced the drivers side window motor on my '02 Spec V. My car only has a bit over 47,000mi on it.  I'm betting it's common on more than just 350's and Sentra's.

It took roughly 2 1/2 hours, and several choice cuss words, I got that bitch in. I got my replacement motor from AutoZone for $57.99 plus tax. Advance Auto wanted $158.99, and O'Riley's wanted $138.99. Of course I went with AutoZone, but in the back of my mind, I couldn't get over the fact that they were less than half of what the other two wanted. Plus it was in the back of my mind that they ordered the wrong motor. So when I picked it up today, I had them double check to make sure it was the right motor. NOTHING, would have pissed me off more, than to have to drive back into town and pick up the correct one. They got the right one... didn't even have a core charge.

I figure Nissan would have wanted $200 for the motor, and $200 for the install. So I saved roughly $335.

Only real problem I had in replacing mine, was getting the shaft to sit/stay in the cable spool, and the damn holes lined back up with the frame to get a screw started. I bet it took an hour to line up the shaft of the motor, to the spool frame, to the door frame, enough to get a screw started to hold that bitch in place. I didn't have the luxury of having that whole inside panel unbolt from my door.

I looked over that link you posted, and gained a bit of information that helped me with my install this evening. Thanks for posting that, you probably saved me at least an hour, if not more. At least I knew what to look for.

Hope you're install is going well, or went well.  Looking at the 350 replacement, I imagine that it took an hour?

There's great satisfaction known you can do repairs like this, but damn, what a hassle when you can't see 3/4 of what you're doing.

Thanks again for posting that link.

Ox
Locoloki

OxenBreeder wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

Locoloki, I just replaced the drivers side window motor on my '02 Spec V. My car only has a bit over 47,000mi on it.  I'm betting it's common on more than just 350's and Sentra's.

It took roughly 2 1/2 hours, and several choice cuss words, I got that bitch in. I got my replacement motor from AutoZone for $57.99 plus tax. Advance Auto wanted $158.99, and O'Riley's wanted $138.99. Of course I went with AutoZone, but in the back of my mind, I couldn't get over the fact that they were less than half of what the other two wanted. Plus it was in the back of my mind that they ordered the wrong motor. So when I picked it up today, I had them double check to make sure it was the right motor. NOTHING, would have pissed me off more, than to have to drive back into town and pick up the correct one. They got the right one... didn't even have a core charge.

I figure Nissan would have wanted $200 for the motor, and $200 for the install. So I saved roughly $335.

Only real problem I had in replacing mine, was getting the shaft to sit/stay in the cable spool, and the damn holes lined back up with the frame to get a screw started. I bet it took an hour to line up the shaft of the motor, to the spool frame, to the door frame, enough to get a screw started to hold that bitch in place. I didn't have the luxury of having that whole inside panel unbolt from my door.

I looked over that link you posted, and gained a bit of information that helped me with my install this evening. Thanks for posting that, you probably saved me at least an hour, if not more. At least I knew what to look for.

Hope you're install is going well, or went well.  Looking at the 350 replacement, I imagine that it took an hour?

There's great satisfaction known you can do repairs like this, but damn, what a hassle when you can't see 3/4 of what you're doing.

Thanks again for posting that link.

Ox
cool man, glad i could help someone else out.

I'm still waiting to get mine in the mail but ill post with the positive results

edit* also, maybe you can bring your old one back to autozone maybe theyll give you 30 bucks for it

mine is under 150, core charge and shipping and handling (which came out to eerily 6.66) so i guess i paid about 120 for it online

Last edited by Locoloki (2009-05-13 21:15:57)

Locoloki
ok the part just arrived by fedex, damn, that was quick
Locoloki
and done!!!!! muwahhahahahahahahah

the hardest part was the shitty foam falling out the door as i was trying to press it back together

getting shit to line up was so easy, as soon as I plugged it in, it spun right to where it was supposed to, screwed it in put it back together. cash money I just saved at least $150 and it only took me 1 hr 14 minutes (including removing the old one)

Last edited by Locoloki (2009-05-14 13:23:58)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum
Well done!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Benzin
+576|6005

Finray wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

When you're unemployed and don't get any money from your parents, then yeah.
It's called being an adolescent, deal with it and stop whining all the time. We've all been there, man.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard