Flamesuit essential
+454|6403

I was waiting for this.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6162|'straya

FatherTed wrote:

ok that looks incredible.

why can't treyarch just give up ffs, iw beat them on every single release.
Tbh its a good thing, Activision want a Call of Duty released every year, if one company (IW) was to do this then all the game would be mediocre because they don;t have as much time to work on them. This was, having a treyarch release every 2nd year (or so) gives IW to make their games even better ... Also if treyarch continue the tradition of using aspects of IW's CODs (like WAW) then that could be good as well.

Game looks pretty good, but then again almost anyone can make a snassy trailer
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6460|Chicago, IL

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Tbh its a good thing, Activision want a Call of Duty released every year, if one company (IW) was to do this then all the game would be mediocre because they don;t have as much time to work on them. This was, having a treyarch release every 2nd year (or so) gives IW to make their games even better ... Also if treyarch continue the tradition of using aspects of IW's CODs (like WAW) then that could be good as well.

this

a spirit of friendly competition between the two studios makes for better games
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6481

S.Lythberg wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

this

Yeah, while Treyarch didn't really accomplish anything with CoD5, unlike IW in CoD4, I find that they improved allot of aspects of the game.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6299|eng

S.Lythberg wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

this

And how's that then?

Notice that the 2 best in the series are made by IW and the 2 worst are made by Treyarch.
#rekt
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5697|SQUID

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Why would they bring the AC-130 mission back, that was the most boring mission in any CoD game ever. Even worse than the British dam mission in CoD1.
that was the best mission in the game faggit
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6162|'straya

Mint Sauce wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

this

And how's that then?

Notice that the 2 best in the series are made by IW and the 2 worst are made by Treyarch.
Although thats completely subjective, I must say I actually enjoyed cod5 more than cod4 (mainly the multiplayer, singleplayer on both has very little replyability so..)

Generally IW do make far better CODs than Treyarch, but as I said, if treyarch continue the current trend I think it could work quite nicely.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

It'll be difficult for them to create a story comparable to or better than COD4's. I'll still get it though
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6460|Chicago, IL

Mint Sauce wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

this

And how's that then?

I thought 5 was great.  bandwagon much?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5801|Catherine Black

S.Lythberg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

this

And how's that then?

It was good, but 2 + 4 > 3 + 5.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6460|Chicago, IL

Finray wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

And how's that then?

It was good, but 2 + 4 > 3 + 5.
well then worst is relative, it's still better than 95% of the games out there
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5949
WaW rocks GTFO

no but the SP failed...

/offtopic Anybody know where I can download the English localization files for both COD4 and COD5 plz?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5801|Catherine Black

Bradt3hleader wrote:

WaW rocks GTFO

no but the SP failed...

/offtopic Anybody know where I can download the English localization files for both COD4 and COD5 plz?
I'll up them for you.

For a blowjob.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6299|eng

S.Lythberg wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

this

And how's that then?

People have opinions for a reason, just because I expressed a different one to you doesn't mean i'm jumping on a bandwagon -,-

I've never liked it : ]
#rekt
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6755|FUCK UBISOFT

War Man wrote:

Who wants to bet there will be huge competition between BC2 and MW2?
not me, MW2 will destroy BC2. Perhaps not in gameplay, as I don't have high hopes for either, but CoD4 was much more popular than BC1.

The A W S M F O X wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Why would they bring the AC-130 mission back, that was the most boring mission in any CoD game ever. Even worse than the British dam mission in CoD1.
I don't get why people liked it so much...

It was one of the most boring missions of any game I've ever played, you do practically nothing. It felt like you could sit and watch and still win, there was never any danger of being shot or dying. It went on too long and had no action whatsoever, there was no sense of accomplishment, and it didn't fit with the rest of the game at all.

I liked the first sniper mission and mile high club, the rest was mediocre.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York

Miggle wrote:

War Man wrote:

not me, MW2 will destroy BC2. Perhaps not in gameplay, as I don't have high hopes for either, but CoD4 was much more popular than BC1.

The A W S M F O X wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

It was one of the most boring missions of any game I've ever played, you do practically nothing. It felt like you could sit and watch and still win, there was never any danger of being shot or dying. It went on too long and had no action whatsoever, there was no sense of accomplishment, and it didn't fit with the rest of the game at all.

you clearly don't have a grasp on why the mission was put into the game/why people enjoy it
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6755|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

War Man wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

you clearly don't have a grasp on why the mission was put into the game/why people enjoy it
enlighten me.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

War Man wrote:

enlighten me.
you've never seen any of the thermal videos from Iraq/Afghanistan of AC-130's/Apache's taking down insurgents?

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6755|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

enlighten me.
you've never seen any of the thermal videos from Iraq/Afghanistan of AC-130's/Apache's taking down insurgents?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuT0z2Ua … re=related
I have...

Is that supposed to make that fun and exciting? How about MW2 has a level where I decapitate an innocent U.S. citizen, I've seen that too.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

enlighten me.

I have...

Is that supposed to make that fun and exciting? How about MW2 has a level where I decapitate an innocent U.S. citizen, I've seen that too.
it's not supposed to be some fast paced, high intensity mission, that's the point

it's supposed to have a "cool" factor and allow people to step into the shoes of the people in that video (the ones not on the recieving end, atleast)...

not all video games have to be fast paced and have constant intensity, being an MGS4 fan you should know that
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6755|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I have...

it's not supposed to be some fast paced, high intensity mission, that's the point

it's supposed to have a "cool" factor and allow people to step into the shoes of the people in that video (the ones not on the recieving end, atleast)...

not all video games have to be fast paced and have constant intensity, being an MGS4 fan you should know that
But that was what cod4 was, up until that point. It didn't fit with the rest of the game at all.

If I wanted a calm, quiet game I would play something else.

I don't really care about being an AC130 gunner, not that I don't enjoy being a Plane Gunner, games that allow you to gun in WWII bombers tend to be more fast paced, intense, and enjoyable.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

I have...

But that was what cod4 was, up until that point. It didn't fit with the rest of the game at all.

I don't really care about being an AC130 gunner, not that I don't enjoy being a Plane Gunner, games that allow you to gun in WWII bombers tend to be more fast paced, intense, and enjoyable.
Oh yeah, I must've forgotten that one mission = the whole game being calm and quiet

again, why did you love MGS4 so much then with it's extremely long cutscenes? makes no sense, but then again we've come to expect that from you now haven't we
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6755|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Oh yeah, I must've forgotten that one mission = the whole game being calm and quiet

again, why did you love MGS4 so much then with it's extremely long cutscenes? makes no sense, but then again we've come to expect that from you now haven't we
I never said that the whole game was calm, in fact I said it didn't fit with the rest of the game, which was largely action.

I also never said I don't like calm games, I merely said CoD4 wasn't one.

And I don't love MGS4 so much, I played through it once and haven't touched it since. I enjoyed the plot, which is why the cutscenes were enjoyable.

Why can't you ever keep a debate to the debate, does it always have to go personal?

Last edited by Miggle (2009-05-19 14:49:09)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

I never said that the whole game was calm, in fact I said it didn't fit with the rest of the game, which was largely action.

I also never said I don't like calm games, I merely said CoD4 wasn't one.

And I don't love MGS4 so much, I played through it once and haven't touched it since. I enjoyed the plot, which is why the cutscenes were enjoyable.

Why can't you ever keep a debate to the debate, does it always have to go personal?
and the developers never said the game is all action/fast paced/high intensity either, so I don't see what you're bitching about

and i also love the irony Migs, very enjoyable, would buy from again A+++++++++ seller

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-05-19 14:50:34)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6481
The funny thing about watching Miggle and Poseidon argue is the Miggle is always right, but Poseidon comes off as less of a pretentious dick so in the end they both lose.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard