Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6003|Truthistan
Surprise all you suckers out there in tax payer land, surprise surprise surprise

AIG lied and paid out 4 times the amount of bonuses that they publicly disclosed. "AIG now says it paid out more than $454 million in bonuses to its employees for work performed in 2008." up from $120 million.

When is enough! enough! Isn't this financial reporting? Isn't this criminal? Did these guys lie to Congress?

Is the govt ever going to arrest these liars or are "the people" going to have to haul them out French revolution style?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
ffs.

i know AIG are maybe too big too fall, but if you're that fucked up as a company, you deserve to go down.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

FatherTed wrote:

ffs.

i know AIG are maybe too big too fall, but if you're that fucked up as a company, you deserve to go down.
definitely. Its how the business world functions. Governments need to stop fucking interfering.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6606|Seattle

I'm surprised all the execs haven't been executed yet.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
JahManRed
wank
+646|6637|IRELAND

ATG is probably on his way to AIG headquarters with his arsenal right now.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6789|Great Brown North
at first i was like... ATG got a bonus? i thought his business was going down?

then i was like... oh

JahManRed wrote:

ATG is probably on his way to AIG headquarters with his arsenal right now.
im waiting for it to come up on the news tbh
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
"Too big to fall" is starting to look like either "needs to be nationalized" or "AIG bought this administration."
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6156|Texas
Correct me if I'm wrong, they were given $170 billion right?
454m / 170b = .454 / 170 = .0027

Imagine I gave you $100, then got pissed at you for dropping a quarter. I realize that they lied and whatever, but damn, shouldn't the $170 billion they got for free in the first place be more of an issue?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6745|Salt Lake City

GGF0RCE wrote:

Imagine I gave you $100, then got pissed at you for dropping a quarter. I realize that they lied and whatever, but damn, shouldn't the $170 billion they got for free in the first place be more of an issue?
People are upset about having to bail these guys out.  However, people are really pissed that these execs that drove the company to the brink are getting bonuses totaling more than most people will make in their entire life.  How much these bonuses comprised of the overall package is irrelevant.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2009-05-07 14:58:49)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6584|London

GGF0RCE wrote:

no it's more like you just lost all your money gambling, I give you a $100 and then I catch you putting a quarter in a slot machine.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6725
AIG=Govt...  they take care of their own...
Love is the answer
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6556|the best galaxy
I think we must take great care in electing the right people next time and not buy products from these insane companies.
That is what I allways do. This is just so wrong.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard