ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 … to-thrive/

Leave Reagan behind? okey-dokey.

But if the republicans are stupid enough to try and push another bush presidency on us barack will get his second term in a landslide.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

No I disagree with you. Jeb Bush was always going to be a serious contender for the Presidency. He has been groomed for this spot for a long time by Bush Snr. and it was only bad luck that saw him lose the chance to George.

I think him running against Obama is a no-win scenario, but the next election after that he would be a real force to contend with no matter who the Democrats produce in the mean time. I think Obama is going to win the next election either way. Using Jeb now is imo a bad move.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

ATG wrote:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/03/gop-listens-in-drive-to-thrive/

Leave Reagan behind? okey-dokey.

But if the republicans are stupid enough to try and push another bush presidency on us barack will get his second term in a landslide.
Jeb is the best Bush tbh ... if the reps should stand any chance winning 2012 they should push Jeb as candidate ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx
Like Washington, I don't really support any party. Fuck them both. Just give me the best candidate and fuck off with all their stupid bullshit.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

If you vote him in you may as well call him King Bush.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5995|Truthistan
If the US elects another Bush then the public has a memory only slightly longer than a gold fish.

It will be interesting if Jeb can move the GOP to the middle, if he can then they have a chance in 2016. He could try in 2012 as a VP behind Romi.
but if he runs as pres in 2012 and PBO does well over the next three years, that might be the end for the Bushes.

Unless they bring out the third Bush who likes drugs and Thai trannies... society might be ready for him in 2024.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6184|Ireland
I won't vote for anyone with an " R " or a " D " behind their name no matter what they say they stand for because it is no different than voting for an enemy of the United States to conquer it.

The person really doesn't matter, the party is bigger than the person.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
I doubt it matters what Jeb Bush's political stances are.  Too many people hate any politician with the name "Bush."  I don't think he could win anytime in the next 3-4 elections.  It's sad, but a large portion of people do not vote because of political stances/philosophy but by the media spin on a candidate (and Jeb Bush would already have a HUGE disadvantage, due to his last name).
BVC
+325|6697
Jeb Bush?

You mean theres ANOTHER one??!?!?!?!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
It's sad, but a large portion of people do not vote because of political stances/philosophy but by the media spin on a candidate
Its not so much that, more that his father and brother were evil self-serving little weasels.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Have you ever listened to Jeb? I swear to god he's not related to GWB..lol. He's all intelligent like.. fluent in other languages and shiz.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
rdx-fx
+955|6592
Regardless of how intelligent Jeb may be, another President Bush candidate would be suicide for the GOP.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
yeah there are more than enough people in the USA, I think we can probably put that family to rest as far as presidents go.....
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

It's sad, but a large portion of people do not vote because of political stances/philosophy but by the media spin on a candidate
Its not so much that, more that his father and brother were evil self-serving little weasels.
GWB and GHWB are nothing alike.

Jeb is probably the most experienced of the three when it comes to the skills needed to be a chief executive.

It's unfortunate that he has to follow his brother. GWB screwed over any chance Jeb ever had of actually making a run for it.

I wouldn't discount anyone who runs against Obama in 2012, though. He's not as popular as many think, and by then his economic/budgetary policies will have come home to roost.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

FEOS wrote:

I wouldn't discount anyone who runs against Obama in 2012, though. He's not as popular as many think, and by then his economic/budgetary policies will have come home to roost.
How so?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Varegg wrote:

FEOS wrote:

How so?
It takes years for budgetary policies to be reflected in the economy. Many of Reagan's initiatives didn't show up as economic effects until the 90's. However, the impact of the unrestrained spending we've seen thus far (and projected for the next few years) will be reflected nearly immediately (see China's response to our record deficit spending).

Additionally, he won't have anyone to blame if his social policies (and associated spending) don't pan out the way he's hoping (which they won't). His "we inherited this problem" won't resonate beyond 2009.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard