RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
I'm not saying it's unlikely.  I just have not seen any data/experiments, of heard any news stories of robbers using to penetrate the windows at a store.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
if anyone wants to send me some bulletproof glass i'll be glad to test the theory.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5612|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

IMAO wrote:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The NRA today came out in favor of the Obama administration’s attempt at reviving the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004, citing experts who say that assault weapons perpetuate unhealthy stereotypes of physical beauty.

“We support the proposed assault weapons ban for much that same reason that West Virginia state lawmaker Jeff Eldridge supports a ban on the sale of Barbie dolls,” said NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, “because they place too much emphasis on the importance of a weapon’s physical beauty, at the expense of a shooter’s intellectual and emotional development.”

“American’s weapons enthusiasts admire the sleek, sexy design of fully automatic rifles, which is only natural because they’re great for killing terrorists,” said LaPierre. “But this admiration can become an unhealthy obsession that leads people to focus unnecessarily on shallow, cosmetic attributes completely unrelated to a gun’s ability to perforate evildoers. Sure, pistol grips, flash suppressors, and bayonet lugs LOOK pretty, but when it comes to cold-slabbing a home intruder, looks don’t matter.”

NRA Board member Ted Nugent was similarly enthusiastic in his support. “People need to hold a more realistic image of personal weaponry. Appearance and firepower, though nice, aren’t EVERYTHING. What’s more important is who the person holding the gun really is, deep down inside. Does the person always assume a gun is loaded? Do they know their target and what’s beyond it? Do they never point a gun at anything they don’t intend to destroy? Sadly, the existence of assault weapons perpetuates unhealthy stereotypes about beauty at the expense of more important things, and they need to go away.”

There’s nothing wrong with pretty,” said Nugent, “but good sight picture, controlled breathing, and squeezing instead of pulling the trigger are what REALLY matter.”

IMAO.us wrote:

Since actual assault weapons are already regulated and very hard for a civilian to own in America (to the point they’re pretty much never used in a crime), I had thought the act to ban random semi-autos needed a more accurate name than the “Assault Weapons Ban”.

Here’s some more ideas:

* The Piss Off People with Guns Act

* The Not All the Nazis’ Ideas Were Bad Act

* The Disarming Law Abiding People Sure Is Easier than Disarming Criminals Act

* The Sissies Scared of Loud Noise Act

* The Freedom Is too Scary Act

* The Ban as Many Guns as We Can Trick People into Allowing Act

* The I Don’t Know Crap About Guns, But I’m Told These Ones Are Bad Act

* The Impossible to Vote for If You Have Functioning Male Parts Act

* The I Deplore People Defending Themselves Because That’s Violent And I Hate Violence Act

* The I’m From The Government And I Really AM Afraid Of Ordinary Citizens Act

* The If You’ll Give Up Your Guns, You’ll Give Up Anything We Want You To Give Up Act

* The It All Comes Down To Guns - And You Don’t Have Any - So Up Against The Wall Act

* The Republican Congressional Majority and NRA Membership Drive Act of 1994, Revised for 2009

* Lets Pretend We’re in England Act

* I’m Your Momma, I Know Best, and I Say You Don’t Need a Gun Act

* Let’s Make Hippies Happy Act

Gandhi wrote:

“Among the many misdeeds of the British Rule in India, history will look upon the Act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.”
Yep, Mr. War Without Violence said it. Although he was a pacifist, he was extremely opposed to cowardice and recognized that the means to protect oneself against whatever arises is (or should be) a basic human right. Gandhi kicks ass!
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
Nice humor there!

A ban on cosmetic features will not reduce crime.  Is that a hard concept to understand?

The Dalai Lama, 2001 wrote:

If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

RAIMIUS wrote:

Nice humor there!

A ban on cosmetic features will not reduce crime.  Is that a hard concept to understand?

The Dalai Lama, 2001 wrote:

If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
Was that question rhetorical?  Because the answer is apparently 'yes' to a great number of our left-leaning politicians.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard