DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada
How do you reset a built-in alias (+forward in this case) to the default?

I was getting slightly annoyed by the amount of camping Pyros, and told them to put "alias +forward retry" in the console.
Unfortunately, my brother's friend put that in, and I can't figure out how to reset it back to default..

Any ideas?

Edit: Resetting the controls the default worked, but my question still stands.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2009-05-02 23:17:14)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6410|dm_maidenhead
Alias  +forward +forward ?
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5992|Perth, Australia

DefCon-17 wrote:

I was getting slightly annoyed by the amount of camping Pyros
Isn't the pyro an ambush class? So camping would be a large part of playing?

Otherwise i'm not sure if you could reset a built-in alias. At a guess i'd say the commands that make up the +forward alias would be at a lower level then usual scripting. So the answer probably wouldn't be all that simple.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Double +forward doesn't work.

As I said, it did get reset when he reset his controls, but I'm still curious how (in this case) the +forward alias is set-up.
Dookie0119
+43|5786

Rod Foxx wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Otherwise i'm not sure if you could reset a built-in alias. At a guess i'd say the commands that make up the +forward alias would be at a lower level then usual scripting. So the answer probably wouldn't be all that simple.
Isn't it impossible to camp in TF2? The only class that can camp effectively is the Demoman.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6478

Dookie0119 wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Isn't it impossible to camp in TF2? The only class that can camp effectively is the Demoman.
Anything can camp a spawn doorway with a Medic & Uber. Which I'm pretty sure is the only scenario you'll see a weak-ass Pyro doing it.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
CTF camping.

[/flameproof]
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6443
I thought that aliasings were done by + then - for the default ones. So +forward would be +forward; -forward. Can't be sure though.

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2009-05-04 12:11:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard