Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6817|Canberra, AUS

nickb64 wrote:

The Often cited statistic of "47 Million Uninsured" is pure deceit.

The Number shown by the Census is 46.6 Million:
*9.5 Million are not citizens
*17 million make over $50,000 a year
*18 million were between 18-34 years old and in good health, choosing not to purchase health insurance
*Only 30% remained uninsured for more than 12 months
*50% regained health coverage within 4 months

The first three groups make up 44.5 million of the 46.6 million.
I smell bullshit here.

9.5 + 17 + 18 = 44.5

No.

Your last statement requires that the groups are mutually exclusive. I.e. that if you're not a citizen, you're NOT making over 50k a year AND you're not between 18-34 years old and/or in good health, choosing not to purchase health insurance. The fact that you made that statement, which is clearly wrong, suggests to me that someone wasn't being straight with their numbers.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5753|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Spark wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

The Often cited statistic of "47 Million Uninsured" is pure deceit.

The Number shown by the Census is 46.6 Million:
*9.5 Million are not citizens
*17 million make over $50,000 a year
*18 million were between 18-34 years old and in good health, choosing not to purchase health insurance
*Only 30% remained uninsured for more than 12 months
*50% regained health coverage within 4 months

The first three groups make up 44.5 million of the 46.6 million.
I smell bullshit here.

9.5 + 17 + 18 = 44.5

No.

Your last statement requires that the groups are mutually exclusive. I.e. that if you're not a citizen, you're NOT making over 50k a year AND you're not between 18-34 years old and/or in good health, choosing not to purchase health insurance. The fact that you made that statement, which is clearly wrong, suggests to me that someone wasn't being straight with their numbers.
I just added it up, they did not say that.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6952|NÃ¥rvei

This topic failed already at the OP ...

Seems like the first and best argument against UHC still is bigger government and that simply isn't true unless you lack a health department that is ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard