GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6783|Anaheim, CA

Go vote on whether or not to keep it the way it is now (1.41), or keep the new .7 delay (1.5)

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … iving.html

I think the new way makes the game feel very laggy and the people complaining about "dolphin diving" are the noobs.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5961|Sheffield
I voted for .3

What i wrote on the EA forum Poll:
Go back to .3 it was way way better than this stupid .7 delay. it makes the game feel awquad and unresponsive and slows the gameplay down. If people want this then they should go play project reality. To be fair I don't know what you were thinking when touching this part of the game. By doing this you are taking away the unique style of gameplay that is in BF2 and it seems that you are listening to the newcomer type player that only plays 64 man pub tv2 servers that don't really have much skill (don't mean to offend anyone but it's all EA seem to do) rather than listening to the skilled players side of things that actually want to play wars in leagues. Why do you think the competitive side of BF2 nearly dead now ? Because your taking away things that don't need to touched.

Fix bugs and hitreg and possibly even the unbalance between certain vehicles within the game but don't touch stuff thats to do with the movement side of BF2. I would rather have crap reg with .3 delay than play with good reg and a .7 delay.
Am i noob that uses the 'Z' key all the time to get my kills ? NO. Just changing the style of movement restricts certain stuff. such as jumping behind/underneath cover. And surprising people by jumping out round corners. Ofcourse you can do this all without dolphin diving but it makes it slower and to be quite honest less fun.

Mooney.

So yea. KEEP 0.3

Mooney
L.Sammy
+5|5636|Ireland
I really don't get people on this forums.

These changes are to stop macro uses, and cheaters, if it dose that the leave the changes alone.

Allot of people talk about skill, OK there is skill involved, thinking about your next move, wheres the enemy, when in the arty going to fall.
That's all using your head and teamwork to win a round. But don't tell me that pressing space bar and z really fast is skill. Its called reflexes.

Also, to all the people that think skill comes in the form of an AHK file, your wrong, also having a really good hit-reg is not skill, its you being a luck bastard. If you can take the m11 and kill a whole squad without leaving the ground, then IL call you skilled, but not jump shoot, jump shoot, That's just reflexes.

I would put money on it, that alot of the "SKILLED" players, heli, i/o, are macro users, and if the delay can stop a hotkey working then im all for it.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5961|Sheffield

L.Sammy wrote:

These changes are to stop macro uses, and cheaters, if it dose that the leave the changes alone.

Allot of people talk about skill, OK there is skill involved, thinking about your next move, wheres the enemy, when in the arty going to fall.
That's all using your head and teamwork to win a round. But don't tell me that pressing space bar and z really fast is skill. Its called reflexes.

Also, to all the people that think skill comes in the form of an AHK file, your wrong, also having a really good hit-reg is not skill, its you being a luck bastard. If you can take the m11 and kill a whole squad without leaving the ground, then IL call you skilled, but not jump shoot, jump shoot, That's just reflexes.

I would put money on it, that alot of the "SKILLED" players, heli, i/o, are macro users, and if the delay can stop a hotkey working then im all for it.
or instead why not disable macro's for bf2. im sure they can do it. Cheaters ? nothing really to do with dolphin diving i sorta get what you mean. Maybe i just hate change by just played about another 2 hours of IO and i can't get my head round it. I did say its some sort of skill but i agree with you. It isn't skill but i do think it can help a player getting kills or going for cover. Everyone is able to do it. whether they choose not too is something that bugs me. I think if people were just said to the guys who moan "all of you can do it so why complain, all you had to do is press 'z' in mid air" then maybe there would be less moaning. It's like bunnyhopping in bf2. They didn't put a jump button in bf2 for nothing and everyone can do it, so why should people have to rage about every little thing because they get killed by some 'bunnyhopping dolphin diving shitter'

Not ranting on at you it's something that has always bugged me as to why people complain about the little things
L.Sammy
+5|5636|Ireland
I see your points, but bunny-hopping, dolphin diving, prone-spamming, all these movements cause your hitboxes to move at a faster rate, and causes more dust. Try it, it dose work to stay alive a bit longer.

Macros can be set to do these things faster then a human had can, like trow med pack and switch back to gun, TV Helli clicker, c4 macro, all make it so it happens faster then any human can do it. That's cheating. So in my view, if EA can stop these "UNSKILLED NOOBS" from cheating, then there doing a great job.

Also there is so many ways to use programs to change the bf2 program, that it would be impossible to stop macros, so the best way is to add delays, then the macro cant work.
Wallpaper
+303|5992|The pool

L.Sammy wrote:

Hardly anyone at all uses macros for those, and if they did, chances are they dont do well anyway. Im sure more people use macros for commanding (spotting is a pain in the ass) and a "spot hotkey" for a joystick

EDIT: Macros can only really speed up TV missile clicking... The other things you mention are ridiculously easy to do without macros

Last edited by Wallpaper (2009-04-24 16:04:38)

L.Sammy
+5|5636|Ireland

Wallpaper wrote:

L.Sammy wrote:

Hardly anyone at all uses macros for those, and if they did, chances are they dont do well anyway. Im sure more people use macros for commanding (spotting is a pain in the ass) and a "spot hotkey" for a joystick

EDIT: Macros can only really speed up TV missile clicking... The other things you mention are ridiculously easy to do without macros
Have you ever had a read of the autohat key forums?
Wallpaper
+303|5992|The pool

L.Sammy wrote:

Have you ever had a read of the autohat key forums?
Yes. Tell me this: do you use the scroll wheel to select different weapons?
L.Sammy
+5|5636|Ireland
No i still use the numbers. I use the scrool wheel for viop.

Last edited by L.Sammy (2009-04-24 16:11:51)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6750|Toronto, ON
So from the noobs that hate the delay, I guess you're the same ones that would like jumping removed from Counter-Strike because god forbid it could be a macro.

Fucking noobs.  I'm gonna make a bet you noobs complain that .7 is too little and it should be increased.  Hell, I tried the beta patch out and I was STILL owning people that said the prone/jump spammers would get crushed.  Little do they know, they just suck, not us.
Alpha as fuck.
Wallpaper
+303|5992|The pool

L.Sammy wrote:

Mmk, good. Now you should understand how easy and fast it is to press 5, left click, and press 3. Thats all you have to do to quickly throw a med pack and switch back to your rifle. C4 throwing/detonating is even easier, left click right click

"Dolphin diving" (which has not existed in years) and bunny hopping dont need macros either

Last edited by Wallpaper (2009-04-24 16:16:49)

L.Sammy
+5|5636|Ireland

Nyte wrote:

So from the noobs that hate the delay, I guess you're the same ones that would like jumping removed from Counter-Strike because god forbid it could be a macro.

Fucking noobs.  I'm gonna make a bet you noobs complain that .7 is too little and it should be increased.  Hell, I tried the beta patch out and I was STILL owning people that said the prone/jump spammers would get crushed.  Little do they know, they just suck, not us.
Ok i hurt someones feelings, I didn't call anyone a noob for prone-jumping. I also didn't say we should have the delay. I said, IL write it in lay-mans terms, "People that use macros are cheats, and EA is adding the delays to counter the macro".

And CS is total shit.

Now dry your eyes and go play.

Last edited by L.Sammy (2009-04-24 16:26:01)

L.Sammy
+5|5636|Ireland

Wallpaper wrote:

L.Sammy wrote:

Mmk, good. Now you should understand how easy and fast it is to press 5, left click, and press 3. Thats all you have to do to quickly throw a med pack and switch back to your rifle. C4 throwing/detonating is even easier, left click right click

"Dolphin diving" (which has not existed in years) and bunny hopping dont need macros either
I know how fast i am, but i also know how lazy some people are.
Wallpaper
+303|5992|The pool
They may be lazy, but using a macro for those things give them absolutely no advantage, especially with a jump-prone delay
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6433
The nice thing about macro users is they're a lot like G36E users. The people who have real skill don't use them so they just raise their skill from pathetic to average.
L.Sammy
+5|5636|Ireland
Thats what im saying, with the delay, your as fast as the next person. I jump prone, everyone dose, its built in to how we all play the game.

I agree the delay is'nt the best thing for the game ether, but my point is, if the delays can stop anything that give someone the unfair upper hand then its cool by me.

Heres another way to see it, hitreg is judged by your connection, im in ireland and there is NO servers near me. So i have a crappy hitreg on must servers, i cant jump-prone and shoot because it dosent work for me. So the person with a great hitreg jump-prones all over the map and is killing every thing in his wake, lucky him. How do i beat that?.....

The delay will give me a small chance of hitting my target .
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6481|P-way, NJ
It's people like you(retard) who call out people for macro who press the contrl z space bar in different ways, people also change the ingame controls so they can do it easier.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada

L.Sammy wrote:

That's like saying pro CS gamers aren't "skilled" because they have crazy reflexes and hand-eye coordination.

Those two skill-sets are the staple of FPS gaming.

Also, who has prone set to the Z key? Honestly.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2009-04-24 20:26:36)

.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5499| - | - | - | - | - |
Sounds like Sammy over here is butt hurt that he keeps getting owned in pubs so he scapegoats his frustration and lack of skill on macros.

Sammy, go write me a macro to spam global chat "i like men". Oh wait, you can't, because I doubt you know how to write a macro which is what angers you so badly. Believe it or not, people use their fingers since most of us don't weigh 200lbs and can actually move our fingers across a keyboard without macros-it may seem impossible to you, but not everyone macros just because they don't have pudgy little fingers that barely make their way around the keyboard.

ps z key <3 for prone.
Silent-BuIIeT
extremly hairy wookie
+17|5690|Behind your chair... :)
I think the reason to why most people dont like this new delay is because they are used to the old delay.... as in people crying that they cant pull of their old dolphindiving/pronespamming/bunnyhopping escape movements as they wished... if im gona be honest, it should have been .7 delay all the time as .3 is to fast, messes up the hitreg, is totally unrealistic.... its funny because if this new delay was there all the time and the new delay would be .3 instead, then people would whine even more.......  Realism does not ruin games, but to much of it really does ruin it and some stuff should be obvious to stay more realistic, like people jumping and faceplanting themselves and shooting like if they were Ninjas should not be possible... this move doesnt even exist on the most Unrealistic FPS games, not even on Unreal Tournament, Doom 3, Quake 3 u name it... Not only because its unrealistic, but because it moves the model vertically/horizontally of the true model and brings stupid inconsistancy to the Hitreg... hence why we see alot of bad hitreg / dustshots in the game....

I say let it be .7 if it improves Hitreg, i wont miss dolphindiving...

Last edited by Silent-BuIIeT (2009-04-24 21:04:51)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
My ongoing observations in the last week or so has come to two positive conclusions about the 1.5 Patch:

1) l33tz0rs and ego-children are easily excitable by news of any changes to their beloved means of (virtual) superiority.
2) Democracy is awesome and you can never have enough polls or votes or referendums or taxes or bills or civil rights movements.
3) Everything is almost certainly pointless anyway because the developers are ultimately just going to do what they fucking want and don't really value your opinion for anything more than a publicity-stunt and consumer faith exercise.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5499| - | - | - | - | - |

Silent-BuIIeT wrote:

You've never experienced dolphin diving given you started playing on 1.41. Going prone in mid air isn't dolphin diving.
Wallpaper
+303|5992|The pool

.:i7|Batman wrote:

Silent-BuIIeT wrote:

You've never experienced dolphin diving given you started playing on 1.41. Going prone in mid air isn't dolphin diving.
Also since they are improving hitreg anyway, theres no reason to complain about air proning
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6130|Scotland!

L.Sammy wrote:

I can pretty confidently tell you that macros would offer absolutely no advantage on IO. The movment in bf2 is so slow absolutely nobody would need a macro for anything
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6433

.:i7|Batman wrote:

Silent-BuIIeT wrote:

My god this. People who think it's bad now need to go and play 1.12 and see what it's like when you can hammer prone at the speed of light.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard