wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776
Blacks were 7 times more likely than whites to commit homicide in 2002.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/htius.pdf - Bureau of Justice Statistics
page 38

Also read:
http://www.nbuf.org/statistics_justicesystem.html

This has become an epidemic.  What can Americans do to prevent this?  Do you think it's poverty that leads people to commit crimes or is it just plain animalism?

70% of all black births are outside of wedlock (US Census).

Lack of God? 

What is your opinion?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

uh oh. I don't think that's a good idea, dude....if we don't be very careful, this is just bound to spark flames...
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra
abo's commit alot of crime in aus but they are the minority so they wouldnt commit the most crime.

per capita id say they would though.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776
This shouldn't spark flames since I didn't just make unsubstantiated claims.  I provided factual evidence to start serious talk of a problem in the US.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6812
Americans dont want to prevent it, or they would have. Aslong as it stays in the ghettos they dont care. Same with how Australians doesnt want to fix Aboriginal problem
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776
I live in Atlanta, GA and it is not just in the ghettos (unless the ATL is one big ghetto).  But i think you're right about not wanting to prevent it.  There seems to be a social stigma against racial profiling in the US.  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is a duck.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6745|The United Center
my opinion?

stop seeing it as a racial statistic.  who cares what ethnicity the people are?  people are dying all the same.  whether its a black person killing someone or a white person killing someone, the point of the matter is that someone is being killed, not what the skin color was of the killer.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776
Think of it this way Thomas, if a race makes up ~20-25% of a population yet commits murder 7 times more likely than a white person then there is a huge problem and it needs to be addressed.  So, it is a race thing.  At least a starting point is their race.  Maybe a gene that sets a black person off more easily?
Rellim83
+7|6680|PA
Dude that is the dumbest thing i ever heard, it is a complete socioeconomic factor, if people have nothing and have no way of achieving anything (dying inner cities, with horrible school systems) they resort to crime. Black people were enslaved for almost 200 years by this country and we helped reconstruct them for like 10 then said make it on ur own......Not to mention that during the time of slavery almost 80% of black female slaves were raped by their white owners......do you think that was a genetic flaw in the white race? .......not to mention the whole selling of human beings and the abuse and genicide we caused to the black race. Our country did nothing but murder blacks w/o any form of punishment until like hte 1950's. Its obviously not a racial factor.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776
So, because one is poor, had his ancestors enslaved, and live in the inner city he is allowed to murder at a rate 7 times more than someone who is poor, didn't have his ancestors enslaved, and lives in the same inner city?  WOW and you said my comment was dumb!
chuckle_hound
+32|6665|Edinburgh, Scotland

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

Think of it this way Thomas, if a race makes up ~20-25% of a population yet commits murder 7 times more likely than a white person then there is a huge problem and it needs to be addressed.  So, it is a race thing.  At least a starting point is their race.  Maybe a gene that sets a black person off more easily?
I really hope that somebody locks you up for the rest of your life.

You are one sick, stupid piece of trash.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776

chuckle_hound wrote:

I really hope that somebody locks you up for the rest of your life.

You are one sick, stupid piece of trash.
Explain your rant please.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

wow...you just lost me there. Although that same argument was used by the Nazis a lot, in a different situation....
Darth_Rambo
+22|6706|Raleigh, NC
Tank is right, stats/facts don't lie.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776

B.Schuss wrote:

wow...you just lost me there. Although that same argument was used by the Nazis a lot, in a different situation....
What argument?  How did I lose you?
\o/ AfterMath
+0|6668
I'm Mexican and I kill lots of people.

btw this is about the stupidest topic ever! Who cares...if you worried by it go to Iraqi and get killed by them!
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6753
Maybe not afro-americans but poor people are more likely commit crimes....
So what if about half of the 20-25% of black people are poor?
It is just speculation, I didnt search for facts, but I doubt if the starting point would be the race.
Aggression doesent come with a ceratin gene, it developes while someone is growing up :lack of parental care, the environment, a shock that the subject suffered at a younger age etc. And in my opinion there is more chance to become a criminal if you live in a ghetto...
1234BGD
+1|6748
Regarding statistics... one wise german man said "there are lies, damn lies and statistics..." let me explain that to you in practice.

Imagine for the last year, you ate only bread the entire year and I ate only meat entire year. A statistics would be that we ate burgers all year long - even though it is not true... so much for statistics

The only statistics that are true are BF2s statistics!*

*Copyright 1234BGD 2006
dirtyepics
+19|6731|England
Just out of interest what does "Lack of God" have to do with it?
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6737

This shouldn't spark flames since I didn't just make unsubstantiated claims.  I provided factual evidence to start serious talk of a problem in the US.
He is saying that this is a bad idea because it is inevitable that somebody is going to post a racist statement because either they are racist OR they are just looking to instigate a flame war.

However...since I am Black, I will answer your questions.

First off...it says right on page 39:

"Black victims are greatly over represented in homicides involving drugs."

So you can disregard animalism, bad genes, and lack of God in your "theories".  I am not angry that you would suggest such, but almost shocked at your level of ignorance on the topic.

Second...it has not become an epidemic and if you look at the trend, black crime has DECREASED over the past 15 years by over 50%.  Your perception of epidemic is somewhat lopsided.  If you think now is bad, you must not been old enough during the 60s when we segregated into substandard schools and were getting our asses kicked just about every day, you were not old enough during the 70s when we could not get decent jobs, or equal housing or equal loan rates or equal insurance or equal anything, and you were not old enough to remember the 80s when crack was ravaging the inner cities due to drug gangs.  If you were alive during those times, you were either not paying attention or didn't care...and I do not mean that as an insult.

Third....I am suprised that the question of how to prevent this is still being asked.  I figure that the answer would be very apparent by now given the major gains that Blacks have had over the past decade.  Isn't it strange that as more blacks have been able to push into the middle and upper-middle class, the crime rates have dropped for that economic group?  The overall goal should be for America to strive to help blacks gain opportunities by being able to compete in the white collar workplace. 

To do that, there needs to be an increase in the education levels of urban schools so that blacks can enter the workforce and compete with their white counterparts.  We already live with an unspoken stigma that we are inferior in certain tasks and are forced to work twice and three times as hard as whites to gain recognition.  We are also more likely to be forced to work in blue collar jobs with little or no hope of advancement.  If you think that things like this don't happen...just look at the areas where blacks have been extremely successful like sports.  Only in the past 5 - 10 years have professional football teams started fielding black quarterbacks and coaches.  Basketball is predominantly black and only recently have black coaches started making inroads.  There is still a lockout on blacks from becoming team owners.

If it is happening at the highest levels of employment...just think about the ones at the bottom.

...and finally, it is a well known fact that the justice system does not favor blacks or any other minority.  You do wrong in this country as a black person and you will rarely be given a second chance or a minimal sentence.  Those with money will always have the ability to obtain greater legal representation that will have their client's best interest at heart.  With a justice system that favors the affluent and powerful...is it any wonder that blacks who are accused of a crime are usually found guilty and given maximum punishments?  Look at the black school teacher that got his ass kicked in New Orleans?  What about the current tape that was taken of the cop straight-up flat BLASTING that Latino guy who was an MP in the military?  It has been all over the news for the past 3 days.  (http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp … id=1460173)

Crap like this happens...
E-V-E-R-Y   
S-I-N-G-L-E
DAY

- Beatdown

Last edited by Beatdown Patrol (2006-02-02 08:15:01)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776

dirtyepics wrote:

Just out of interest what does "Lack of God" have to do with it?
A lack of God would lead to - If I don't fear punishment from God because He doesn't exist or I don't believe in Him then I'm free to do anything I please.  Thus homicide would go unpunished outside a society's laws.  Now, where does society get its laws from?  But that's a different debate.
Rellim83
+7|6680|PA
OK DUDE U ARE DUMB...unless you are unable to read you might have noticed i never justified murder. I simply pointed out that race has nothing to due with murder/crime rate. Like i tried to explain to you the first time....it is a socioeconomic factor......crime is committed in poor area's because people are desperate......it just happens that in our country blacks tend to be trapped in the inner cities and cannot find a way out.....reasons were listed above im not typing them again......I could also go into the injustices of our court system but that could take awhile......so instead just watch AMERICAN HIstory X and you might learn something. You might also notice that in white history we have had our moments as well......though you prob dont follow history because u actually started this thread so let me give some examples.......their were 100 million native americans in the america's until we came here....we lowered that number to 2 million.........Hitler........Roman Arena(fed ppl to lions) ........and once again SLAVERY!!!! every race commits crime it has nothing to due with skin color and its incredibly ignorant of anybody to think it does.

Last edited by Rellim83 (2006-02-02 08:11:56)

dirtyepics
+19|6731|England
Whats that got to do with the black population in particular tho?
spacepelle
Kniven Gaffeln Skeden
+37|6664|Sweden

70% of all black births are outside of wedlock (US Census).

Lack of God? 

What is your opinion?
God? there is no God idiot, i hate religious people, i cannot understand why you have to hide everything behind a freak of someones imagination!
and no im not black, im a tall, blonde, blue-eyed magificent specimen of the swedish pop. but i dont have anything against coloured people, your "statistics" are just as real as those Bush used for Iraq or those Hitler used accusing the jews....
u suck!
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6776
BeatDown, I wasn't alive during the 60's or 70's.  At my school I was the minority and it was my friends that were getting beatdown and knifed.  I had black friends because I ran track and was fast (my nick name was white lightening : ) ).  I was even discriminated when I ran track.  I ran a 4.3 40 (3rd fasest on the team) but since I wasn't black I couldn't be on the 'A' team.  I have seriously never seen what you describe in the workplace.  For example, a friend applied for a job where i work but they hired a way underqualified minority (not black but foreign) to meet a quota. 

I think society's rules/stigmas are keeping minorities 'in check' because it prevents them from blacks from excelling.  For example, affirmative action.  "Why try if a job will be given to me."  How many black CPAs do you know?  I think success was looked down by blacks at my high school.  "You're trying to be white" is what they would say.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard