Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

Lucien wrote:

Good lord Jgrasli is stupid

He has to post his uninformed opinion in every damn thread. He's a typical under-average player who doesn't give two shits about the game as long as it's easier for him
He just proved your point with his last post in your topic.

Jesus christ.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
No seriously guys, is he trolling or what?

jgrasli wrote:

If YOU NEED to go prone in most infantry fights, you are a noob. I see players going prone instantly when they see someone. If you cant fire while standing or crouching, play another game. It seems like CoD4 is the game for you; fast paced and point'n click HEADSHOT.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

Lucien wrote:

No seriously guys, is he trolling or what?

jgrasli wrote:

If YOU NEED to go prone in most infantry fights, you are a noob. I see players going prone instantly when they see someone. If you cant fire while standing or crouching, play another game. It seems like CoD4 is the game for you; fast paced and point'n click HEADSHOT.
Did you see his post in my LGM thread?

Obvious_Troll wrote:

Just wait to get lock-on and fire. You know they are meant for ground-attack only, right? They wont work as anything else..
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
brb making ea account
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
To be honest I think the choppers are very over-powered in the old versions and increasing their range to what it was will just make them too good again.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

To be honest I think the choppers are very over-powered in the old versions and increasing their range to what it was will just make them too good again.
you think? YOU THINK? come up with some goddamn reasons

I now remember why I hated you and Jord so much
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6468

Lucien wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

you think? YOU THINK? come up with some goddamn reasons

I now remember why I hated you and Jord so much
Because it could rape ANYTHING from far outside anything's range. Also the TV missiles aren't even supposed to be used against other choppers, they're are just that good that people were able to shoot down other choppers with them. The way it was, choppers didn't have to risk getting close enough to kill their targets, they could sit at a very safe distance away and shoot the missiles at people, the guy at the other end could never get close enough to effectively retaliate.

The choppers were (and maybe still are) by far the most dominant unit in the game, nothing is that versatile. If you were an up to par missile gunner you could eliminate any potential threat long before it could come in range. Also back then the anti-air missiles sucked hard so this was greatly exacerbated.

Your problem is that you are only looking at one fight, chopper against chopper. While you should be looking at chopper against everything. With the old stats the chopper would win against anything else, except jets but they spend all their time bombing, dog-fighting and going after the transport choppers which are easier to hit and have more guys in them. The new TV Missiles can still rape any target, but they make the chopper have to get within a range at which it is pretty vulnerable, so the chopper team needs to pick which targets are worth going after.

Also what's the big deal about the "range game" anyway? If anything now it adds some extra depth as not only does the pilot need to evade missiles, the gunner need to be accurate with his, but also the two of them need to decide whether or not they will be able to hit the enemy, as well as can also decide to fly out of range if they think they are too vulnerable.

Also Jord was eh pretty cool guy.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
Even at 400 meters TV missile range - the current range - the aforementioned up to par chopper team can kill anything on the ground from safety. AA sites? Fly in range, shoot, fly out before it can even finish locking. Or just drop flares, it will miss and will be dead oh so long before it can reload. Same goes for any other ground counter to choppers: they all die hopelessly. The restoration of a 600 meter TV missile range coupled with an equal increase in the AA missile range keeps the situation exactly the same.

And as for what's so important about this in chopper vs. chopper fights, let me just compare the two scenarios side by side:

400 meter range:

choppers see each other. Hover just on the edge of the range. One shoots, the other flies back. The TV missile can never reach it. This process repeats itself until one team finally doesnt fly backwards just fast enough

600 meter range:

Pushes the TV missile range past the maximum fog distance far more often. Judging the range at which you can get hit becomes extremely hard if not impossible if you don't simply turn around and fly away at full speed. Chopper vs. Chopper is now about being able to hit and dodge, not staying out of range perfectly.
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5501| - | - | - | - | - |
If someones ranging, just dodge them and then rush in hard and kill them. Not a hard concept, all increasing the tv range will do is make for extreme rape (not that I'm not in favor of more chopper rape ) and allow hackers to completely empty servers. Besides, Sharqi would become whoever can point their nose up faster at the start.

Keep the range and stop asking to change shit. At first it was like k cool fix these bugs and tweak gameplay slightly. Now every little thing is being cried about which will lead to a serious fucked up game that no one will want to play.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

.:i7|Batman wrote:

a serious fucked up game that no one will want to play.
You do realize this isn't increasing the range, but restoring it, right? To how it was for years, until it got nerfed? Evidently no one played BF2 until 2 years after its release, then.
1.5 sucks
Banned
+11|5484|locked in myke's basement

Stop asking to change shit. At first it was like k cool fix these bugs and tweak gameplay slightly. Now every little thing is being cried about which will lead to a serious fucked up game that no one will want to play.
+1 motherfucker
Banned

Lucien wrote:

You do realize this isn't increasing the range, but restoring it, right? To how it was for years, until it got nerfed? Evidently no one played BF2 until 2 years after its release, then.
No shit, you act like there isn't a reason it was changed in the first place.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653

Simply because DICE changed it doesn't make it just.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6468

Lucien wrote:

Lucien just wants the game to be all pr0 1337 CAL game so he can pwn nubz and pub an wit uber skillz, while not really caring about the repercussions for the casual player.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
Doctastrangelove, that attitude is what caused patches 1.2 to 1.4
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6642|can

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Lucien just wants the game to be all pr0 1337 CAL game so he can pwn nubz and pub an wit uber skillz, while not really caring about the repercussions for the casual player.
What repercussions ? He just wants the game to take some damn skill.
Banned

Lucien wrote:

Simply because DICE changed it doesn't make it just.
No it doesn't but there was a reason behind this particular change. Try Daqing 16 with TVs that can hit each others pads. That's so much fun!!! And man, Sharqi isn't enough over a rape fest, we should make it even more easy to rape!!

Just because you suck at choppers doesn't mean they need to be changed. There are some things that are annoying (President Screens, reload jams, etc) but the basic things are fine.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6468

Lucien wrote:

Doctastrangelove, that attitude is what caused patches 1.2 to 1.4
I am aware of this.

TrashBlinD wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

What repercussions ? He just wants the game to take some damn skill.
There is skill, and there is thinking. One is mindlessly pointing a gun at people, the other is knowing when to point the gun and when to do something else.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2009-04-22 15:43:20)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5699
<3 Sarge.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
Why am I even discussing this with you, you just fling fallacy after fallacy at me. "more of this and it will ruin the game!" "Dice did it, it must be good!" And now, finally, "You just suck". Even your attempts at reasoning - You really think that range is the cause of and solution to pad rape?

Oh and DSL, don't you go telling people about skill.

Last edited by Lucien (2009-04-22 15:44:57)

L.Sammy
+5|5638|Ireland
I wonder how many of these "L33T" use the clicker macro?, and other macros? So they can rape in the chopper from the other side of the map where AA cant get them, Dosent sound to "L33T" to me...
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6709
i demand all movement be reverted back to 1.03 specs, and everyone that doesnt like it can go play project failurey.. am i rite
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

TehMyke wrote:

i demand all movement be reverted back to 1.03 specs, and everyone that doesnt like it can go play project failurey.. am i rite
urite
1.5 sucks
Banned
+11|5484|locked in myke's basement

TehMyke wrote:

plz do this
Banned

Lucien wrote:

Why am I even discussing this with you, you just fling fallacy after fallacy at me. "more of this and it will ruin the game!" "Dice did it, it must be good!" And now, finally, "You just suck". Even your attempts at reasoning - You really think that range is the cause of and solution to pad rape?

Oh and DSL, don't you go telling people about skill.
Taking what I'm saying and spinning it around into completely different things doesn't make you right, it just makes you a retard. I never said that range is the cause or solution to pad rape, I mentioned it as a repercussion of restoring the range to what it once was. You justify a greater TV range by saying it'll solve ranging when the real solution to ranging is using your head and learning to rush, not tweaking gameplay. Does messing with a rangers timing cause other problems in the game? No. Will tweaking range cause other problems in gameplay? Yes.

But hey it's not like I know anything or have spent any amount of time in choppers.

Last edited by .:i7|Batman (2009-04-22 15:53:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard