Banksey
Banksey Says: Chew, don't choke :)
+12|5511|Ireland
Hmmm, so just a while ago when I tried logging in, I keep getting the error message: "The server has refused the connection"

I've had no previous problems and only installed BF2 a couple of days ago, and just reinstalled when I could not fix this problem, which was like hour ago.
I haven't made ANY changes to my computer at all, and it really came out of nowhere. It also takes bout 4 maybe 5 times longer than usual for the game to load to the EA logo screen.

I've read around and some people have solved this by re-typing there password unchecking the remember password box, things like that. But that doesn't work for me of course

I even tried to create a new account to check and I get the same error. Anyone have any ideas what cause this out of the blue and how to fix it?
tinytim
+0|5510
Sounds exactly like the problem I had a few days ago, and the cause turned out to be a program called PeerGuardian, which is known to block connections with BF2.
Banksey
Banksey Says: Chew, don't choke :)
+12|5511|Ireland
I don't use Peerguardian or anything like that. I triple checked everything like my firewall ports everything is right. Everything is updated.

Anyway, I don't have this problem anymore since I installed the 1.5 patch and am afraid to revert back to 1.4 incase this happens again. So I think Ill leave it as is for the time being

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard