Braddock
Agitator
+916|6279|Éire
Walk-out At Iran Leader's Speech

"Diplomats have walked out of a speech by the Iranian president at a UN anti-racism conference after he described Israel as a "racist government". Two protesters, wearing coloured wigs, briefly disrupted the beginning of the speech by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad but he continued speaking. Shortly afterwards a stream of Western delegates walked out when he attacked the creation of the state of Israel. The US, Israel, Canada, Australia, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland and New Zealand had all boycotted the conference being held in Geneva, in protest at Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's appearance, and Israel recalled its ambassador to Switzerland. French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner had warned that French delegates would walk out if the forum is used as a platform to attack Israel. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has expressed dismay at the boycotts."

Now I'm not Ahmadinejad's number one fan but the message sent out at this conference is quite troubling. For years it has been taboo to discuss the holocaust because, for obvious reasons, it is a very sensitive issue but now it seems discussing the State of Israel in general is now taboo. Why does the world have no problem complaining openly about Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe, Pakistan and North Korea but clams up all of a sudden when the topic of Israel is raised? Ahmadinejad has made comments about Israel in the past, that much is true, but his more controversial comments were always directed towards the regime, not the Jewish race. In my opinion it is difficult to deny that Israel operate a two stream society that identifies Jewish Israeli citizens distinct from non-Jewish Israeli citizens but the kind of attitude shown here reinforces the idea that it is taboo to even discuss the issue. What would have happened if such an attitude had prevailed during South African apartheid?

This is supposed to be a forum on racism and apparently it's not okay to discuss a State that makes people of a certain race drive with specially coloured number plates.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6638

Braddock wrote:

This is supposed to be a forum on racism and apparently it's not okay to discuss a State that makes people of a certain race drive with specially coloured number plates.
The Arabs? I had no idea they did that, although after all this about not allowing them to vote it doesn't really surprise me.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6705
You never leave your allies hanging.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6279|Éire

Cybargs wrote:

Just people of other races... from trees.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6638

Braddock wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

You know you wanted to write black people.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6279|Éire

ghettoperson wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

You know you wanted to write black people.
Nah... too obvious!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6279|Éire

ghettoperson wrote:

Braddock wrote:

The Arabs? I had no idea they did that, although after all this about not allowing them to vote it doesn't really surprise me.
There are numerous little laws there to remind Arabs of their place in Israeli society. Here's an article by the Guardian that draws numerous comparisons with the apartheid regime of South Africa... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/fe … ica.israel

But seriously, the argument in the OP could be about any country, replace Israel with nazi Germany, South Africa or America during the times of slavery or segregation... what would happen if the world just decided to close it's eyes and ears to what was going on? Surely we should be making progress as a global society with each year that passes, not moving backwards.
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5564|The Wild West
Brad, reegardless of how you feel, you gotta admit that what dinner jacket did was diplomatically irresponsible.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6638

I think I might get my middle name changed to 'Diplomatically Irresponsible'. Kinda rolls off the tongue.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Braddock wrote:

Walk-out At Iran Leader's Speech

"Diplomats have walked out of a speech by the Iranian president at a UN anti-racism conference after he described Israel as a "racist government". Two protesters, wearing coloured wigs, briefly disrupted the beginning of the speech by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad but he continued speaking. Shortly afterwards a stream of Western delegates walked out when he attacked the creation of the state of Israel. The US, Israel, Canada, Australia, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland and New Zealand had all boycotted the conference being held in Geneva, in protest at Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's appearance, and Israel recalled its ambassador to Switzerland. French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner had warned that French delegates would walk out if the forum is used as a platform to attack Israel. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has expressed dismay at the boycotts."

Now I'm not Ahmadinejad's number one fan but the message sent out at this conference is quite troubling. For years it has been taboo to discuss the holocaust because, for obvious reasons, it is a very sensitive issue but now it seems discussing the State of Israel in general is now taboo. Why does the world have no problem complaining openly about Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe, Pakistan and North Korea but clams up all of a sudden when the topic of Israel is raised? Ahmadinejad has made comments about Israel in the past, that much is true, but his more controversial comments were always directed towards the regime, not the Jewish race. In my opinion it is difficult to deny that Israel operate a two stream society that identifies Jewish Israeli citizens distinct from non-Jewish Israeli citizens but the kind of attitude shown here reinforces the idea that it is taboo to even discuss the issue. What would have happened if such an attitude had prevailed during South African apartheid?

Maybe it is because the world leaders understand and know what you and your brother refuse to recognize. Israel is the victim against Arab and Islamic hatred. They are and have always been in the position of defending itself against constant harassment and bombardment. Your problem comes into play because they actually have the nerve to, not only defend themselves, but defend themselves well, against the "peace loving and tolerant" nations of the ME that surround it.

The fact that the world leaders ( the ones that really know what is going on) refuse to sit and listen to absurd Israel bashing any longer is a point against your belief that Israel is the problem in the region and not those that actively seek to destroy it.
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5564|The Wild West

ghettoperson wrote:

I think I might get my middle name changed to 'Diplomatically Irresponsible'. Kinda rolls off the tongue.
my middle name means "breeze" in arabic
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6654|NT, like Mick Dundee

So lowing, apartheid policies are cool yeah? Or is Israel a special case?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Flecco wrote:

So lowing, apartheid policies are cool yeah? Or is Israel a special case?
If there is any "apartheid policies", it is against Israel by the Arab and Islamic nations, and it would be so, if it were not for Israel's ability to defend itself and fend off any such action.
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5564|The Wild West
lol at lowing not knowing what "apartheid" is

wonder if hes looking up wiki this moment

Last edited by Man With No Name (2009-04-20 08:53:01)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Man With No Name wrote:

actually after read what you wrote, in response, I am kinda wondering if YOU know what the hell it means.
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5564|The Wild West
apartheid deals with internal policies.

how can an outside arab or islamic nation have an "apartheid policy" with a country they dont control.  lol.

not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are we?

Last edited by Man With No Name (2009-04-20 09:02:15)

Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5564|The Wild West
lol

its like saying the US had segregation policies for brazil or something.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6570|SE London

lowing wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

actually after read what you wrote, in response, I am kinda wondering if YOU know what the hell it means.

Man With No Name wrote:

how can an outside arab or islamic nation have an "apartheid policy" with a country they dont control.  lol.

He is totally and completely correct lowing.

You are, yet again, looking stupid by not knowing what words mean....
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6755|Cambridge (UK)
Yes, it's censorship.

Yes, it's racism.

Yes, this whole fucking world needs to grow up.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Man With No Name wrote:

Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5564|The Wild West
did you just copy and paste?

youve lost the plot, mate

-m3thod
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6755|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

He is totally and completely correct lowing.

You are, yet again, looking stupid by not knowing what words mean....
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA
"If there is any "apartheid policies", it is against Israel by the Arab and Islamic nations, and it would be so,"

THis is what i WROTE, key phrases being "apartheid policies", and "AND IT WOULD BE SO". It is no secret that these nations want Israel destroyed, and after that what would happen to the Jews at that point? DO you think they would be considered equals in the eyes of the new Arab or Islamic nation that filled the void that was once Israel? Iran already holds Jews as second class citizens. Your belief that, AFTER ISRAEL, the Jews would live in equality, and/or peace is not supported by history..

Last edited by lowing (2009-04-20 09:14:09)

Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5564|The Wild West

lowing wrote:

"If there is any "apartheid policies", it is against Israel by the Arab and Islamic nations, and it would be so,"

THis is what i WROTE, key phrases being "apartheid policies", and "AND IT WOULD BE SO". It is no secret that these nations want Israel destroyed, and after that what would happen to the Jews at that point? DO you think they would be considered equals in the eyes of the new Arab or Islamic nation that filled the void that was once Israel? Iran already holds Jews as second class citizens. Your belief that, AFTER ISRAEL, the Jews would live in equality, and/or peace is not supporte by history..
lol, apartheid policies...
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6570|SE London

lowing wrote:

THis is what i WROTE, key phrases being "apartheid policies", and "AND IT WOULD BE SO". It is no secret that these nations want Israel destroyed, and after that what would happen to the Jews at that point? DO you think they would be considered equals in the eyes of the new Arab or Islamic nation that filled the void that was once Israel? Iran already holds Jews as second class citizens. Your belief that, AFTER ISRAEL, the Jews would live in equality, and/or peace is not supporte by history..
Yes, that is what you wrote. In amongst all that horrific child like grammar you talk about apartheid, demonstrating almost complete ignorance of what the word means.

There are Jews living in Iran. There is no apartheid in Iran. Jews there are protected under the Iranian constitution. Even if you were linguistically correct, you don't have your facts straight. The US has made allegations of discrimination under the system in Iran, but these are claims that have been strenuously denied by the Jews actually living in Iran.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard