[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6745

You guys should know that any admin behaviour that is borderline abusive, or against the terms of service, ought to be reported to bf2rankedservers.com.

They take their cases pretty seriously, and it only takes one admin, one offence, to loose ranked status for an entire server. Everyone seems to think BF2 ranked admins have the rights to kick/ban for whatever reason. They don't. Catch them saying stuff like "I'll kick you if you don't get out of the cobra" and then a screenshot of them actually doing it, pretty much seals that servers fate. Make an account on bf2rankedservers, take a look at some of the threads, you can see servers that have gone down, and admins trying to say oh come on one incident shouldn't count against us. It's quite a good read.

You have a lot more rights as a ranked server user then you think. If you can catch admins saying obviously bogus rules, or swearing their heads off at people and kicking/ban fest etc. Their whole server will loose its ranked status. Don't be an idiot and say "I'm going to report you," though, you want to play and enjoy your time, and when you see a smacktard admin, take some screens, pass them on and keep playing the game you love. Don't make it a BF2 police scenario, just enjoy the game and deal with problems when they come along.

Here's the rules:
Note the private rules can't conflict with EA's set rules. EG if they say stop noob tubing, that is against the rules.

1. GLOBALLY ENFORCED RANKED SERVER RULES
These are rules that all admins/players using ranked servers are expected to observe and are set by EA under the EULA.
a. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on our servers or these Services, this will lead to immediate ban.
b. You may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) on any of our services. Clan recruiting is not prohibited.
c. You may not change (hack) any core game files or employ external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players.
d. Server admins may not change any game settings defined as standard for ranked servers (ticket ratios, server password, round time, etc.)
e. Server admins may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)
f. Server admins may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on roles or kits that players can use while on your server e.g. Commander, Squad Leader, Spec Ops, etc.)
g. Server admins may not use non-standard maps or modified versions of standard maps.
h. Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their scores ("stats padding") and Server admins may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.
i. Players may not Impersonate EA ADMINS.

2. EA OFFICIAL PUBLIC SERVER RULES
These are rules that EA official server admins enforce to maintain friendly, disciplined servers and are in addition to the global rules defined above.
a. You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode. Not adhering to this rule will result in a warning followed by a kick or ban.
b. You may not use foul or slanderous language involving race, gender, sexual preference, religion or creed. Not adhering to this rule will result in a warning followed by a kick or ban.
c. You may not deliberately hinder your own team by Team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles or assets, or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team-kills.
Not adhering to this rule will result in a warning then kick (for wounding or damaging) or an immediate kick or temporary ban for deliberate kills.
d. You may not display abusive behavior towards administrators. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you may lodge an appeal on the official forums /ticket system (www.bf2rankedservers.com).
Not adhering to this rule will result in a warning followed by a kick or ban.

3. LOCAL (PRIVATELY RENTED) SERVER RULES
These are rules that are not enforced upon EA's public servers but may be in use upon privately rented servers. These rules are decided by the administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.
Examples of valid local rules *could* include:
- No artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases.
- No prolongued or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
- No using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping). - No impersonating clan members.
S7rife
+0|6751
I got kicked for saying the word noob once. And what's more, I didn't even say noob.
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6716

NOxFEAR wrote:

i have kicked myself out of the game when i checked the wrong box when i was tryin to kick someone for foul language!
hahaha good one NO FEAR!!!!  see ya later
vjs
+19|6771
I guess the admin was really pissed I killed him a bunch of times while bombing doing quite well #1 or #2 on my team beating the other team quite badly. Gulf of Oman

Finally I bombed a teammate with a enemy... Then the admin writes bye bye VJS your killing too many of your own guys...

Then normally game

You have been kicked from blah blah blah

Reason:
Excessive Killing "Admin decision"

^
|

He actually wrote Excessive Killing not Excessive team killing (which is what he probably meant to write)..
JAMER
+3|6672

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

- No using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
This can't be a valid reason to kick someone.  This is a great way to get around a map and take flags.  Does anyone agree with this reason to kick someone?
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6681|Dayton, Ohio
Kicked and banned for being idol in the middle of a round - I was only gone long enough to take a piss.
-=Stekhuset=-Bleppen
+1|6710
Sondar
701SQ Commander
+0|6716
looks like someone took over an admin spot and is destroying that server
chuckle_hound
+32|6667|Edinburgh, Scotland
I sat and tried to console an enemy player who was pissed at our team base raping.  I explained to him that it's a consequence of the game, and there's nothing you can do without an admin on the server and that he should either leave or just live with it.  BOOM! An admin appears, so I'm chatting away saying that if he's got a problem with our base rapers then he should tell the admin.  The admin starts telling me that base raping is wrong.

I say "Well I'd respect you more if you actually kicked the base rapers"

Guess who got kicked and banned for no reason?

(I got my revenge, complained to the server owner and got a full apology )
chitlin
Banned
+36|6762
i got kicked and banned from the old bastards clan server for saying the word bastard
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6745

JAMER wrote:

- No using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
This can't be a valid reason to kick someone.  This is a great way to get around a map and take flags.  Does anyone agree with this reason to kick someone?
The admins of BF2rankedservers seemed to debate this, but most people posted exactly what you just said - You can't limit equipment like that, esp. when that is the blackhawks job. I totally agree with you on this one, but they will take no action against servers implmenting that rule Not like any servers say that though.

Someone from the L2 level said that you should use the transport (Z-8) for supressing fire and not capping flags; that was pretty funny because it's such a piece of shit it can't hit a damn thing; it is for transporting people to flags.
Esker
+1|6727
My friend got banned for tank reversing.

I got banned for being a prick the moment I joined a server, I know I'm a prick but I didn't think it was a good reason to kick me, considering I hadn't even done a thing heh.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6694|The Ville
I killed firestorm twice last night with c4. He was in a tank and I got him two times in less than a min. lol but I didn't get kicked which surprised me. I have got kicked and it said I tked when I didn't. The ban's I have I still don't know why I got banned oh well.

Last edited by Obiwan (2006-02-02 18:01:21)

[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6659|SLC, Utah, USA
I was doing The Iron Gator, and since it was relatively unpopulated, and was playing support kit to get my hours on that up, I often reverted to pistol (mid-long ranging standing shots).  Eventually, since I got a lot of kills, I decided to try for the expert of that, so I kept using them.  Apparently, the server admin didn't think pistols are good at all (very underestimated weapon), he decided I was hacking.  He claimed that the gun is not that powerful/accurate.  Well, after a little arguing, I went back to a gun, where I kicked their butt about twice as well then, and shortly got kicked.

The other time was kinda funny.  I fly chopper, my friend does gunner.  On Ghost town, I in an Apache saw the Hind the same time he saw me.  My friend loves going for TV rocket kills, so he did it.  Amazingly, on that shot he usually misses on (us two choppers accelerating like mad staring straight at eachother) he hit and killed the enemy.  The enemy then called HACK, claiming you can't do that with a TV missile.  Long story short, after awhile we saw a message about us getting kicked and the message said, to a clsoe extent: "You are being kicked because [NAME] said so", where [NAME] was the guy we hit.  Interestingly enough, not too long after we TV'd him, he and his gunner TV'd US, and said nothing about that afterwards.  So we oblidged, and did it right back.
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6730|Beerville, USA
I got kicked last night from a server for Owning in a jet.  It was Gulf of Oman and I was on MEC side in SU-34.  America only had 1 land flag on the beach in the middle of map.  I would fly over the runway rearm, zip over and drop my payload within the fortified area, I did this 3 times in a a row and got 6+ kills each time I did it.  The whole upper left of the screen would rea Husker_ifh(SU-34) killed (name here).

Next thing I know, game freezes and I get kicked back to muti menu with this message....

You have been kicked by admin for excessive team killing!!!  WTF I had zero TK's that map....

Gawd I just love those nerdy lil asshat commanders....
NOxFEAR
+0|6688|Shropshire UK

JAMER wrote:

The admins of BF2rankedservers seemed to debate this, but most people posted exactly what you just said - You can't limit equipment like that, esp. when that is the blackhawks job. I totally agree with you on this one, but they will take no action against servers implmenting that rule Not like any servers say that though.

Someone from the L2 level said that you should use the transport (Z-8) for supressing fire and not capping flags; that was pretty funny because it's such a piece of shit it can't hit a damn thing; it is for transporting people to flags.
As far as iam aware no server that is ranked can limit th use of vehicles.
Seaneroo
+12|6658
I once got kicked for typing "lmao".
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6844|Germany / Saxony
I got banned (yeah, really "banned") from some server for being "too highskilled"...
LOL? Roflmao....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
wayneakagod
+17|6747
Got kicked from "Heroes Must Conquer Karkand" for driving the APC. The admin is a 2nd Lt. who constantly armor whores. Bail Out, Bail Out then kicked
Methos_Tribun
+0|6739
I was kicked and banned because of my rambo moment killing a near full APC with the TOW on the Suburb @ Strike at Karkand and 3 other guys with my DAO-12. One of this people was the enemy admin and commander

I guess most of you knew this dark sheep named: cypherr00fus
GNOMESWINEVERYTIME
+1|6770|Small pond in the garden
I got kicked today from a server because I was the co-pilot in a copter which got rammed by a blackhawk and I got the team kill only to have the wreckage kill two more people in a AHZ thing and the pilot in that being admin. So by sitting in the co pilot seat I got 4 kills one teamkill and kicked all the space of 15 secs
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6682|England and damn proud
i got kicked cause the admin was always in a plane and couldnt kill me, so left i him alone racked up 42 kills and 0 deaths in a plane then got kicked for whoring the plane??????, wat can i say i am SKILL (since had my new joystick)
Scorpian65
+14|6738
I was kicked two nights ago because I was the chopper pilot and the admin thought I had to many points.

I still got the gold even without being in the server so it did them no good to boot me.

My buddy was questioned and warned lastnight for being the chopper pilot and he had to many points. WTF one of their clan members was in the damn chopper with us.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
I got booted for being first place in the end of the game.

Yep, the admin was 3rd place in the game. pretty soon i see the 2nd place person get booted and then me

"u have been kick for excessive team killing"

if i was excessive tk'ing how would i have first. the admin wasn't happy with his bronze medal he wanted his little gold medal
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6794|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Yeah, I got kicked because I was doing pretty well with the J-10 on wake doing some bombing runs.  I was coming into the south base because there were alot of guys there.  A blackhawk was sitting there and there was red all over and a couple of blue.  I came in and on the bombing run.  But to my suprise this is how the kills came out. -

3 teamkills
1 kill

that is my only team kill for the whole game and I got banned.  Our guys should say that they are stealing the BH beacuse that is what they did.  I couldn't get back in the server because of excessive teamkilling.  I mean come on.  I think one of the guys were an admin.   How are you suppose to know coming in at 600mph and dropping bombs and then pulling up just before you can read their names.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard