Which game for multiplayer?

Red Alert 318%18% - 8
WiC: Complete Edition25%25% - 11
Save the money for SC2 if it ever comes out.55%55% - 24
Total: 43
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Both cost about the same amount, so which should I get?

gogogogogo

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Will have more money for SC2 when it comes out anyway. It's going to be one of my must buys.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-04-14 03:38:44)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

Sc2
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Wallpaper
+303|5986|The pool
WiC

IZ PRETTY EPIC LOLX

But seriously, its pretty fun with the different roles people play, gets intense

Last edited by Wallpaper (2009-04-14 01:36:30)

[CSE]Anubis
+24|5985

Mutantbear wrote:

Sc2
This
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
RA3 owns
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Think I might run with RA3. I enjoyed C&C3 but I was a pre-Kane's Wrath player.

You guys have about 36 more hours to list reasons why I should stick with RA3 or go with WiC...
Longbow
+163|6639|Odessa, Ukraine
imo both RA3 and WiC suck, I'd go with Starcraft
Flecco
iPod is broken.

I should have predicted people would just vote SC2 and not put it in there.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
Only play RA3 if you were good at C&C3. It's a high skill RTS.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone

Longbow wrote:

imo both RA3 and WiC suck, I'd go with Starcraft
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
RA3 is like, the best RTS I've played.

WiC on the other hand is pretty not fun, all the game requires you to do is spawn 4 units, send them in, wait for them to die then spawn another four. There really isn't any actual strategy in WiC.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6567|London
Even if sc2 doesn't come out you shouldn't waste money on ra3 or wic. Both are dire games. For RTS stay oldskool (wc3, sc, aoe2, ta). If it must be recent then get the ones made by relic or supreme commander, fun as long as you don't want to play competitvely.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427

Aries_37 wrote:

you shouldn't waste money on ra3. If it must be recent then get the ones made by relic or supreme commander.
lmao
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6567|London

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

you shouldn't waste money on ra3. If it must be recent then get the ones made by relic or supreme commander.
lmao
Supreme commander was a very good game in theory but exececuted poorly. It was innovative and could have taken RTS games in a different direction. Huge scale, awesome resource system, automation so you could focus on unit micro rather than econ micro, and it had the best camera system of any RTS game to date. Multiplayer games with a bunch of friends over lan could take hours on a large map, with crazy coordinated attacks over land, air and sea. We're not talking about my 4 destroyers coming to support my team's 3 airships, more like my armada armada of 100 various battleships and cruisers coming to support their 400 bombers and gunships. If it wasn't for the bugs and the terrible graphics it would have far surpassed TA which was legendary.   

RA3 is both poor in theory and execution. Another cookie cutter RTS spamfest, with a resource system that was just about fresh 10 years ago. It's an incredibly one-dimensional game made by the masters of franchise milking. Plays like a reskinned version of C&C3, which in turn was shit.
It's to RTS games what Halo is to fps; casual, mindnumbingly boring and marketed to the mindless masses who could only enjoy it if they were 15 and had never played a real RTS game before. I pirated it and it ended up in my recycle bin 30 mins later when the novelty of watching gemma atkinson in costume wore off.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma
Empire total war.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427

Aries_37 wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

lmao
RA3 is both poor in theory and execution. Another cookie cutter RTS spamfest, with a resource system that was just about fresh 10 years ago. It's an incredibly one-dimensional game made by the masters of franchise milking. Plays like a reskinned version of C&C3, which in turn was shit.
It's to RTS games what Halo is to fps; casual, mindnumbingly boring and marketed to the mindless masses who could only enjoy it if they were 15 and had never played a real RTS game before. I pirated it and it ended up in my recycle bin 30 mins later when the novelty of watching gemma atkinson in costume wore off.
Is this serious? You're actually basing your opinion off 30 minutes of playing SP? MP is where RA3 shines and maybe if you weren't "watching gemma atkinson in costume" you'd see that the economy system is actually nothing like any of the previous C&C games at all. On top of this, you're defending SupCom, an RTS so mind-numbingly boring I can't even justify the £6 I spent on it.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

lmao
Is this serious? You're actually basing your opinion off 30 minutes of playing SP? MP is where RA3 shines and maybe if you weren't "watching gemma atkinson in costume" you'd see that the economy system is actually nothing like any of the previous C&C games at all. On top of this, you're defending SupCom, an RTS so mind-numbingly boring I can't even justify the £6 I spent on it.
Also SupCom has moar spam than any of the new CnC games.

Yeah the SP you can beat allot of the missions with only one unit type, but that's just because the AI doesn't do as good a job diversifying its units as a human player would.

In RA3's MP the only time you'll see a unit get spammed is when it's way OP. You might see combinations of two somewhat OP units get spammed (like VX&Tengu or Shogun&SeaWing) but theoretically, the game doesn't support spamming units much at all.

But Aries you do bring up one of the game's best selling points, that unlike all to many other RTS games, RA3 doesn't require you to be a total wastoid to be decent at and have fun with.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada
Damn, no "inb4Docta" for me.

I vote for RA3.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

In RA3's MP the only time you'll see a unit get spammed is when it's way OP. You might see combinations of two somewhat OP units get spammed (like VX&Tengu or Shogun&SeaWing) but theoretically, the game doesn't support spamming units much at all.

But Aries you do bring up one of the game's best selling points, that unlike all to many other RTS games, RA3 doesn't require you to be a total wastoid to be decent at and have fun with.
VX/Tengu spam is good but easily beatable with apollos/vindis/javelins as allies or Migs/Twinblades/Flaks as soviet. All you need to do is harass constantly to keep the numbers down. To be honest RA3 is good for lower skills in the sense that things are more standardised (economy, scouting, importance of map control ala garrisons) but it doesn't stop it from being really fast paced when it counts. RA3 takes old skool C&C and give it fresh appeals while still keeping the same old micro intensive battles.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336

Aries_37 wrote:

I pirated it and it ended up in my recycle bin 30 mins later when the novelty of watching gemma atkinson in costume wore off.
How did that wore off?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6358|California
battlestations pacific
Longbow
+163|6639|Odessa, Ukraine

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

battlestations pacific
this
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6358|California

Longbow wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

battlestations pacific
this
i wonder if anyone still plays the first one anymore lol
bangaaqueen
+2|5482
You sound like you're gonna die if you don't buy a game. Go look up reviews and such.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

bangaaqueen wrote:

You sound like you're gonna die if you don't buy a game. Go look up reviews and such.
Actually the timeframe was more on me being impatient.

I got RA3. Have a few irks but I'm enjoying the single player. Haven't really tried mp yet because I know my knowledge of the game is pretty lacking atm.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard