atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA

TehSeraphim wrote:

I see nothing positive coming from this patch.  I even see a new gay phenomenon - hockey puck 203s.  They shoot them at the ground at an angle, and they look like theyll slide along until they hit something, i.e. - you.
Yeah, but indiscriminately launching nades like that will also result in a LOT of team kills.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6837|Deutschland/Germany

Jobarra wrote:

Immersion into the environment IS part of the gameplay.  Having realistic characteristics in the game helps with this immersion.  I certainly don't enjoy the game as much if I shoot a helicopter with a tank shell and it doesn't even wobble or start smoking, but instead turns and fires 5 inch rockets at me(which if I'm not mistaken, aren't used on armor IRL because it doesn't defeat the armor like it does in the game.)  The c4 chucking could be controlled by causing a one - two second delay when pulling the detonator out in order to uncap the safety switch.  If you walked around with the detonator button uncovered, you would blow yourself to bits.
Yes realism does have an effect on the gameplay but its not the most important factor.

1. balancing
2. realism

If realism would be 1. then you could also say:
"Wtf in Rl an american tank/soldier/jet is way better than middle eastern stuff so the USMC should win every map".
Now that would be fun!
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Jobarra wrote:

Immersion into the environment IS part of the gameplay.  Having realistic characteristics in the game helps with this immersion.  I certainly don't enjoy the game as much if I shoot a helicopter with a tank shell and it doesn't even wobble or start smoking, but instead turns and fires 5 inch rockets at me(which if I'm not mistaken, aren't used on armor IRL because it doesn't defeat the armor like it does in the game.)  The c4 chucking could be controlled by causing a one - two second delay when pulling the detonator out in order to uncap the safety switch.  If you walked around with the detonator button uncovered, you would blow yourself to bits.
Yes realism does have an effect on the gameplay but its not the most important factor.

1. balancing
2. realism

If realism would be 1. then you could also say:
"Wtf in Rl an american tank/soldier/jet is way better than middle eastern stuff so the USMC should win every map".
Now that would be fun!
That is not really a valid argument.  There is a difference between making each army roughly equivalent and balancing how effective a particular weapon is, C4 for example.
Obviously you can't have true realism when it comes to how good the US tank is vs. the Chinese tank, for example.  It is necessary to make them roughly equivalent, or one side would dominate.
However, you can try for as much of a realistic feel as possible while still maintaining balance.
ComradeWho
+50|6696|Southern California
just want to reiterate that there's no reason you couldn't toss c4 in real life since it was designed to be a stable and versatile explosive. the fact that it sticks when tossed maybe is a problem but who gives a shit. and if you are mad about people who hop around with c4 and throw it and then hop away and blow you up what kind of a lamer are you that you can't kill a spec ops person in that time? spec ops people only kill total newbies with that tactic and i'd rather not have the game lowered to the standard of total newbies.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6686|Espoo, Finland

s()mt!ngWong wrote:

Lol i like how people are complaining about how they hate the way the tank takes out the chopper with one shell. In real life one tank shell would rip a chopper in half. Its so damn easy to dodge a tank shell just dont line your self up with the cannon, fly higher, or better yet do circles around it, if he still shoots you down then he deserves the kill. Since this new patch will come out you will have to know at all times were that tank is or else BOOM! lol. Praise EA for the gl fix.
It's not Rl it's a game.

M95 will blow a guy into 2 pieces, but in BF2 you need 2 shots in the chest to kill.
DarkCloud00
+0|6705
Patch=garbage

THE END.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA

DarkCloud00 wrote:

Patch=garbage

THE END.
You make some good points there
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6683|Dayton, Ohio
I am looking forward to my First GL kill by banking it off the enemys head.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6683|Dayton, Ohio
Will the commander get a kill when his UAV takes out a plane or chopper?  IT would be like anti air claymores.
LordOfRuin
+1|6708
I thought all of it was fairly ok with one exception.

They shoulder fired helo missiles should NOT guide.  They should be straight shot missiles.

People got good enough with them in DC to be effective and the could do the same here.

Did anyone at DICE actualy ever even PLAY DC?  Man, all these balance issues were  figured out long ago....

Just ridiculous.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6745|St. Paul, MN
wow...I am not displeased at all. Impressive! so basically they're making c4 easier to use, hosing close quarter n00b tubing, and changing chopper hp and round capacity by I don't know or care how much.  Wahoo!
what about AA missiles though? that is my number one concern.
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6809
I think the patch has some great changes.

People complaining about the UAV thing need to use their heads, how often are you gonna know that the enemy has dropped a UAV on you? Even then how many of you are gonna be looking up that long to shoot it down?

The Grenade Launcher thing is awesome, nuff said.

Any heli that can get hit by a tank shell deserves to take that kind of damage.

C4 throwing shouldn't be a big deal, from what it looks like they can't be detonated in mid-air and that was the only annoyance I ran into.

No matter what changes are made there is always this huge outcry about how shitty of a job their doing. Personally, I'm glad that they're making updates to this game. Would you all rather they throw something on the shelves and never speak of it again?
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6686|Espoo, Finland

LordOfRuin wrote:

I thought all of it was fairly ok with one exception.

They shoulder fired helo missiles should NOT guide.  They should be straight shot missiles.

People got good enough with them in DC to be effective and the could do the same here.

Did anyone at DICE actualy ever even PLAY DC?  Man, all these balance issues were  figured out long ago....

Just ridiculous.
The missiles he shoots at the chopper are regular AT missiles that he guides just as they are guided normally.

It's not a new weapon.
Octavarium
+1|6712
All sounds good to me, much more realistic and far more balanced.

No longer can a heli crew dominate a map - they will need to work with their team to actually achieve something
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6837|Deutschland/Germany

ComradeWho wrote:

and if you are mad about people who hop around with c4 and throw it and then hop away and blow you up what kind of a lamer are you that you can't kill a spec ops person in that time? spec ops people only kill total newbies with that tactic and i'd rather not have the game lowered to the standard of total newbies.
This is obviously wrong and shows me that you have never ever seen someone doing the "hop-throw-BOOM" trick. They blow up the C4 while it s still in mid-air so you cant really evade.
No I m not a total newbie as I play fist-person shooters quite often and you could at least see it in my stats to a certain extent.

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-02-03 08:56:24)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6835

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

ComradeWho wrote:

and if you are mad about people who hop around with c4 and throw it and then hop away and blow you up what kind of a lamer are you that you can't kill a spec ops person in that time? spec ops people only kill total newbies with that tactic and i'd rather not have the game lowered to the standard of total newbies.
This is obviously wrong and shows me that you have never ever seen someone doing the "hop-throw-BOOM" trick. They blow up the C4 while it s still in mid-air so you cant really evade.
No I m not a total newbie as I play fist-person shooters quite often and you could at least see it in my stats to a certain extent.
Indeed. They throw it so far that the blast doesn't affect them at all and they don't have to wait and hop away. He must be seeing the total newbie throwers
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6794|Jupiter

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

ComradeWho wrote:

Indeed. They throw it so far that the blast doesn't affect them at all and they don't have to wait and hop away. He must be seeing the total newbie throwers
I can own even the best of BF2 with C4, its a great but weak tactic, most people never see it coming in the first place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard