rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862

Braddock wrote:

That cop should never be allowed out from behind his desk again and charged with manslaughter.
fixed
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

rammunition wrote:

Braddock wrote:

That cop should never be allowed out from behind his desk again and charged with manslaughter.
fixed
If they can tie the cause of death to the injuries suffered during the incident then yes, by all means.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
It's excessive force plain and simple, to smack him down like that when he was clearly no threat, even if he was doing something as bad as "walking slowly in front of the police" as you guys say, that doesn't mean that they should go and smack him down like that, where's the sense in that? You wouldn't even do it to some stranger on the street (well, some of you would, and then you'd probably get arrested for Assault/ABH/GBH) let alone if you're a policeman.

At least they could've just sort of dragged him away with his arms or just ushered him elsewhere. I mean I'm all for police brutality on cocks that deserve it but this guy didn't deserve any of that, again, the fact that he died afterwards just piles on the pressure onto the Met
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Mekstizzle wrote:

It's excessive force plain and simple, to smack him down like that when he was clearly no threat, even if he was doing something as bad as "walking slowly in front of the police" as you guys say, that doesn't mean that they should go and smack him down like that, where's the sense in that? You wouldn't even do it to some stranger on the street (well, some of you would, and then you'd probably get arrested for Assault/ABH/GBH) let alone if you're a policeman.

At least they could've just sort of dragged him away with his arms or just ushered him elsewhere. I mean I'm all for police brutality on cocks that deserve it but this guy didn't deserve any of that, again, the fact that he died afterwards just piles on the pressure onto the Met
Completely agree.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

Dilbert_X wrote:

That Officer had no right or reason to do that, people are entitled to be in a public place providing they behave themselves.
That was an unprovoked cowardly assault and he should face the full weight of the law.

I've been to peaceful demonstrations and seen the Police blatantly try to provoke trouble, I'm not sure if they get a bonus payment or something.
I've also been on the end of unbelievable Police corruption and harassment, I know Police officers who make most of their income from drug sales, I also know someone whose brother was murdered with the full approval of serving officers.

That said 99% of the Police are straight and honest, its the 1% who screw it up for the rest.

Edit: Actually the silent majority who sit back and let the 1% do whatever they like, and back them with false evidence are probably worse IMO.
Actually I believe in this case wrong. If there is a demonstration going on and the police are attending to control order you have to do as the police say, how are the police meant to know hes not part of the demonstration and isn't being a dick just trying to block them, because that's what it sure looks like. If I didn't know he was Ian Tomlinson I would think he was taking the piss and trying to be a rebel.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Let's just say for the sake of it that he indeed was a demonstrator and indeed was being a dick, at the end of the day, what the policeman did was still against the law no matter how you put the scenario to your needs. The fact is this policeman couldn't deal with a situation in a professional manner and resorted to excessive force when it wasn't required.

You can forget about the fact that this guy died, you can forget about the fact that he wasn't even a protester or anything, if you want, that doesn't change the fact that this policeman is in the wrong.

Honestly there's not much to defend here for this cop, you can strip away all the hindsight facts and try to think of the situation as it was there and then but that doesn't really change much
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6464|Tyne & Wear, England
The copper is an idiot, plain and simple.  He should know that things like this come back round to bite you in the arse.

I agree with others who have said that it was completely unnecessary to push the guy.  He was of no threat what-so-ever and some angry copper vented his frustration at him.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Mekstizzle wrote:

Let's just say for the sake of it that he indeed was a demonstrator and indeed was being a dick, at the end of the day, what the policeman did was still against the law no matter how you put the scenario to your needs. The fact is this policeman couldn't deal with a situation in a professional manner and resorted to excessive force when it wasn't required.

You can forget about the fact that this guy died, you can forget about the fact that he wasn't even a protester or anything, if you want, that doesn't change the fact that this policeman is in the wrong.

Honestly there's not much to defend here for this cop, you can strip away all the hindsight facts and try to think of the situation as it was there and then but that doesn't really change much
That's it, plain and simple... the cop couldn't do his job properly. He should be relieved of his position and if the coroner can tie his heart attack to the assault he suffered then a manslaughter charge might be in order.

You simply cannot beat someone just because they have said something to you or walked in an annoying manner in front of you.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

Mekstizzle wrote:

You make a valid point.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6764|d
I had to fuking post this:
https://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00518/police_03_585x435_518950a.jpg

PWNEDD!!!! lulz.

link to pic and articel:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u … 060244.ece
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

I've experienced a lot of police brutality 1st hand at a number of protests - not for a fair few years (last one was back in 2001 (on the 11th of September in fact)), but it can't have changed that much. There are a great deal of police who abuse their powers and act like pricks. On the other hand there are almost always a number of protestors who couldn't care less about the protest, but just want an excuse for conflict with the police. Running around shouting "fuck the police" is not constructive, nor is it big and clever. I can fully appreciate the police being quite heavy handed with these sorts of troublemakers. However, I've been grabbed by police and forced to the ground and handcuffed by two officers - whilst I was having a friendly chat with a 3rd officer (who asked them what the fuck they were doing and suggested they let me go in case I pressed charges against them, which they promptly did). I've also seen 3 officers wrestle a 15 year old girl to the ground and break her arm in the process (I was involved in the case against the officers as a witness).

Clearly the police are put in a difficult situation and tensions and emotions run high - but that is not an excuse for much of the behaviour many of them exhibit at these sorts of events. The police strategy of kettling is becoming more and more popular and is clearly an infringement of civil liberties, which causes immense anger amongst protestors inciting many more to violent behaviour than there would otherwise have been.

Here is an article which describes the practice of kettling with particular reference to the G20 protests.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Why was he walking like a retard?
Maybe he had a mild-heart attack before the big one. People can survive a mild heart attack but it incapacitate their normal functions. /My hunch
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

Heres one for the police fan boys from an ex police man.
"Steven McManus, who says he is a barrister and a former special constable, was in Threadneedle Street on Wednesday. “At around 6pm I was outside the Royal Exchange chatting with some officers. I was between the officers and the protesers. The atmosphere was calm and non-confrontational. I shared a few jokes with one officer and was just generally chatting.

“A short while later the line began to move forward. The officers began to shout that we should all move back. I turned towards the crowd and began to move off in that direction. As I was walking away I was struck from behind by a baton and pushed forward towards the steps of Bank Underground.

“I was more than a little shocked at having been hit. The officer who had struck me was one I had been chatting to moments earlier, who knew about my City Police connection, and to whom I had my back turned. I remonstrated with the officer as to why he had hit me – his reply being: “F*** off, move back”.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u … 060244.ece
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

Braddock wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Braddock wrote:

fixed
If they can tie the cause of death to the injuries suffered during the incident then yes, by all means.
You don't die of a heart attack because someone pushes you down.

The only compensation for that would be a band-aid and a kiss on your owie.

Man you guys are dumb.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

rammunition wrote:

fixed

The only compensation for that would be a band-aid and a kiss on your owie.

Man you guys are dumb.
like i said before, tthe shock of the attack is what i think caused the heart attack.

http://media.www.jhunewsletter.com/medi … 3791.shtml

here is a story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … bbery.html

man some people are dumb
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Ajax wrote:

You certainly can, any major shock can rupture something, cause a blood clot, just provide enough shock and stress to initiate a heart attack.
He could equally have hit his head, given he had his hands in his pockets, and died on the spot.

I hope the plod goes down for manslaughter at least.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ajax wrote:

You certainly can, any major shock can rupture something, cause a blood clot, just provide enough shock and stress to initiate a heart attack.
He could equally have hit his head, given he had his hands in his pockets, and died on the spot.

Yeah um.... ok well then I've been responsible for hundreds of heart attacks in my life because I've smacked many people alot harder than that dude playing football.

Someone put me in jail and throw away the key.

He died because he had a heart condition. It's not the polices job to ask every protester if its ok to push them or not. If things like getting pushed around can kill you, you might want to stay out of mosh pits and potential riot zones.

Last edited by Ajax_the_Great1 (2009-04-09 03:25:59)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ajax wrote:

Yeah um.... ok well then I've been responsible for hundreds of heart attacks in my life because I've smacked many people alot harder than that dude playing football.

He died because he had a heart condition. It's not the polices job to ask every protester if its ok to push them or not. If things like getting pushed around can kill you, you might want to stay out of mosh pits and potential riot zones.
Hmm... just today, someone got sentenced to three years in jail for doing something very similar...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862
NEW VIDEO SHOWING THE PIG HITTING IAN TOMLINSON WITH A BATTON

rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ajax wrote:

did he have a heart condition? link please!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

rammunition wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

He died of a heart attack, so I'd say yes.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5862

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

i can't be bothered to explain to you, just because he had a heart attack, doesn't mean he had a condition. there is nothing in the papers and online to suggest he had a condition.

as i have mentioned, stress and shock can cause heart attacks. there have been causes where shock has caused heart attacks. GOT IT?????!!!!!!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Spark wrote:

If things like getting pushed around can kill you, you might want to stay out of mosh pits and potential riot zones.
He was walking home from work, and how many 47 year olds have you hit exactly?
The plod did something dangerous and stupid, the guy died, I hope he gets done for manslaughter.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

rammunition wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

rammunition wrote:

i can't be bothered to explain to you, just because he had a heart attack, doesn't mean he had a condition. there is nothing in the papers and online to suggest he had a condition.

as i have mentioned, stress and shock can cause heart attacks. there have been causes where shock has caused heart attacks. GOT IT?????!!!!!!
Healthy human being don't have heart attacks because of "stress and shock".
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

Dilbert_X wrote:

Spark wrote:

If things like getting pushed around can kill you, you might want to stay out of mosh pits and potential riot zones.
He was walking home from work, and how many 47 year olds have you hit exactly?
The plod did something dangerous and stupid, the guy died, I hope he gets done for manslaughter.
So being 47 is now a medical contition?

Don't walk through riots areas. Take the long route home. Or don't fucking lollygaggle in front of cops in riot gear.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard