Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
My mother just sent this to me.

Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this!
Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they
did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good,
politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no
concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the
real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good
about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out ofhigh school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you
earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait tillyou get a boss..

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called
it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills,
cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites
of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished
failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in
real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you
FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6132
Adams_BJ

NateWiese wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/liferule.asp
I understand he didn't really make it, its the content..
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6132
Then why bother giving it this thread title if you know he didn't write it?

btw, I heard if you don't repost this you'll have a bad sex life for 10 years.

Last edited by NateWiese (2009-04-06 22:21:50)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto
Those are shitty rules. Let kids run free while they can. They make their own social hierarchies with winner and losers, and leaders and followers anyways. Besides, university will break them anyway if they make it that far.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6322|Orrstrayleea
Why bother linking, and arguing like an arsehole?

I like those 11, agreed on the schooling part.
Adams_BJ

NateWiese wrote:

Because it was the title? Kinda obvious really..
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

NateWiese wrote:

Because everything on the internet must be truthful.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6132
I'm not arguing with what the list says, I just don't get why it's still credited to a man who didn't write it to try and give it any more credibility.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6322|Orrstrayleea
Who gives a fuck?
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon
he forgot the rule about stealing from xerox.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

NateWiese wrote:

I'm not arguing with what the list says, I just don't get why it's still credited to a man who didn't write it to try and give it any more credibility.
Why do you care? These lists are never true.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Defiance
+438|6671

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Why do you care? These lists are never true.
No, I'm going to say this one is pretty accurate no matter who it comes from. There are too many deadbeats and whiny professionals who get that way by being cushioned in high school.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
I like it. Because it's all true.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6647|I smell corners

kylef wrote:

david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6739|Comber, Northern Ireland

Polux wrote:

kylef wrote:

13/f/taiwan
+940|5698
There is this history teacher in my school(he has been there since the 60s). He gives sheets with those rules written on them during the first day of class. I think I still have mines from freshmen year.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard