chittydog
less busy
+586|6849|Kubra, Damn it!

Flecco wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

My personal philosophy is that Life, death, and everything in between is fricking awesome.  It sounds corny, but I just love everything.  I sometimes sound negative, but that's just because I enjoy arguing with people.  The truth is, I love it.  I believe that all forms of consciousness are just fractured parts of some giant universal consciousness, and that it is all joined together when you die.  Hard to conceive maybe, but it makes good sense to me.
How very Hindu of you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana
Isn't that more of a Buddhist concept than a Hindu one. Lelwat?
That's kind of like asking if Heaven is more of a Christian concept than a Jewish one. Hindus have it and they were there long before Buddha made his contributions.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6679|NT, like Mick Dundee

Macbeth wrote:

usmarine wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

There is sin in the world.

Book of Job explains.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se … ersion=31;

It's long (40 ish chapters) but it explains that the devil harms those who are innocent just as much as those who are guilty can be given everything. Life is not fair, but God is just and a better life in eternity awaits for those who follow Him.
oh my fucking.....

dude.  can you prove any of that?
Of course it's the bible, it has to be true.
Jesus said it was true! Oh wait or was that the Roman Catholics who were using it as a political tool to unify an empire while simletaneously stealing power from the local temples and churches to replace it with a centralised system of power...

@ Beardo... Nice post bro! So very true.

chittydog wrote:

Flecco wrote:

chittydog wrote:

How very Hindu of you.
That's kind of like asking if Heaven is more of a Christian concept than a Jewish one. Hindus have it and they were there long before Buddha made his contributions.
Fair enough. I don't know all that much about the religions of Asia or Asia in general. Not nearly as much as I'd like. Funny that Confucianism, Shinto and the different schools of Buddhist thought don't really rate much of a mention in here either.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-04-02 22:08:21)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5625|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Macbeth wrote:

usmarine wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Book of Job explains.

It's long (40 ish chapters) but it explains that the devil harms those who are innocent just as much as those who are guilty can be given everything. Life is not fair, but God is just and a better life in eternity awaits for those who follow Him.
oh my fucking.....

Inspired Word of GOD.

People do bad things, God gave us free will. If they want to do bad/stupid shit, then go right ahead, their choice.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

nickb64 wrote:

God gave us free will. If they want to do bad/stupid shit, then go right ahead, their choice.
so you worship and pray to someone who cant stop the bad/stupid shit?  no thanks.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

nickb64 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oh my fucking.....

Inspired Word of GOD.

People do bad things, God gave us free will. If they want to do bad/stupid shit, then go right ahead, their choice.
lol
So who wrote it down for God?
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5589|The Wild West
suicide bombers that target non combatants think the exact same way
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

Macbeth wrote:

So who wrote it down for God?
god is all powerful....

no pen or pencil though.  maybe he will twitter soon.
chittydog
less busy

nickb64 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oh my fucking.....

Inspired Word of GOD.

If you were designing your children, who you claim to love more than anything, would you give themthe ability to cause terrible pain to each other, knowing full well that they would misuse that ability and do exactly that (don't forget that you're all-knowing).
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6720

chittydog wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

My personal philosophy is that Life, death, and everything in between is fricking awesome.  It sounds corny, but I just love everything.  I sometimes sound negative, but that's just because I enjoy arguing with people.  The truth is, I love it.  I believe that all forms of consciousness are just fractured parts of some giant universal consciousness, and that it is all joined together when you die.  Hard to conceive maybe, but it makes good sense to me.
How very Hindu of you.
OMG! WTF???  Damn IT!  I am not Hindu!  This is my personal belief.  I reject Hinduism! 

Hmmm, they have some interesting ideas.  Well, I agree with less than 1/2 of their beliefs, so I can safely say that I am not Hindu.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

usmarine wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

God gave us free will. If they want to do bad/stupid shit, then go right ahead, their choice.
so you worship and pray to someone who cant stop the bad/stupid shit?  no thanks.
Yep. Sounds like a pretty useless God.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6532|Montucky
I turned away from organised religion because of one story.

I am baptised Roman Catholic, as is most of my family.  My father at the time (still is), a Police Chief had several complaints about a priest molesting children.  The same church I attended.  The priest magically disappeared before my father could extract the truth of these complaints.
My family was then looked down upon at the church, because of my father's occupation and his role in the investigation.  hmmm interesting.

Now here is exihibit B)

If any one can point out where the fuck in the bible, that book every christian reads, this bullshit is at?

After the whole church incident, I believed there might be a man upstairs calling the shots.  After deployments to Iraq and douchebagistan, I questioned god's "plan."   I also wondered about the whole part of "Thou shall not kill"  well guess what happens in war, so according to the book guess where I'm going?   I still wear a cross on my neck, but its not a symbol of Jesus Christ, I wear it to remember my family and friends that I've lost. 

I'm done with my rant on organised religion.

My grandfather always said it best,  "If you can't do something smart, do something right."  (also a line from Serenity.  FTW!)
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

Flecco wrote:

usmarine wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Yep. Sounds like a pretty useless God.
"I'm going to give you free will, but if you do anything I don't like your going to hell even though I'm not going to give you 100% proof I exist. Further more if anything bad happens to you it's not my fault or problem."-God
chittydog
less busy

Flecco wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

usmarine wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Book of Job explains.

oh my fucking.....

Jesus said it was true! Oh wait or was that the Roman Catholics who were using it as a political tool to unify an empire while simletaneously stealing power from the local temples and churches to replace it with a centralised system of power...

@ Beardo... Nice post bro! So very true.

chittydog wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Fair enough. I don't know all that much about the religions of Asia or Asia in general. Not nearly as much as I'd like. Funny that Confucianism, Shinto and the different schools of Buddhist thought don't really rate much of a mention in here either.
Especially considering there are around a billion hindus and 500 million buddhists in the world.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5625|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

chittydog wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Inspired Word of GOD.

If you were designing your children, who you claim to love more than anything, would you give themthe ability to cause terrible pain to each other, knowing full well that they would misuse that ability and do exactly that (don't forget that you're all-knowing).
He could have stopped it/made us just worship Him out of no other ability for knowledge, but he gave us the ability to choose to sincerely worship Him.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

so lets say you follow religion your whole life.  you end up old in a nursing home shitting yourself just waiting to die.  thats great.  if thats what i have to go thru to get the "the pearly gates"...............then just stick my ass in the ground at 70 and fuck off.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6532|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

so lets say you follow religion your whole life.  you end up old in a nursing home shitting yourself just waiting to die.  thats great.  if thats what i have to go thru to get the "the pearly gates"...............then just stick my ass in the ground at 70 and fuck off.
now remember, we get to guard the streets of heaven since we are U.S. Marines.

Fuck even in the after life I've got to fuckin work.

I wonder if it'll be run all Security Forces style or like the poor fucks at 8th and I
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

usmarine wrote:

Not after they do an autopsy on you those are messy.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

nickb64 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Inspired Word of GOD.

He could have stopped it/made us just worship Him out of no other ability for knowledge, but he gave us the ability to choose to sincerely worship Him.
So he's a sadistic bastard toying with people's minds?

Wow, what a great God!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5600

@flecco

Last edited by Macbeth (2009-04-02 22:17:04)

chittydog
less busy

nickb64 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Inspired Word of GOD.

Religion sounds so hokey to me I am not able to believe in it. If some god made me, he made me in a way that I am unable to believe in him. If the x-tians are right, I'm going straight to hell. Why would a loving god make me in a way that I have no choice but to go to hell?

Head asplode.
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5589|The Wild West

Macbeth wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Only 2% of American deceased get autopsies a year.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I wonder if it'll be run all Security Forces style or like the poor fucks at 8th and I
8th and I i bet. (i almost did that..thank fuck i didnt)

hey did you go to church on sunday or stay in the squad bay?  you know my answer.  i am just curious.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6147
Anything that doesn't seem to make sense about religion just ends up being explained as a test of faith.
chittydog
less busy

Man With No Name wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Only 2% of American deceased get autopsies a year.
Srsly? Texas must make up most of that percentage. My friend's dad is a mortician and lives in an apartment above a funeral home. We used to go look at the bodies at night. Almost all of them had autopsies.

Edit: fun thread, but i'm freaking tired and am going to bed.

Last edited by chittydog (2009-04-02 22:20:33)

S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6532|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

8th and I i bet. (i almost did that..thank fuck i didnt)

hey did you go to church on sunday or stay in the squad bay?  you know my answer.  i am just curious.
Squad bay, spit shined my boots, wrote letters home.  Laundry...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard