GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6741|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
howdy as it says what have done to nearly kill your PC

1st i have massive lighting strike blew my adsl modem PSU AND 2nd dvd drive

2nd on removing my old gfx card i shorted out the main board

3rd on installing another 512mb ram i rerouted my ribbon cables from hdds and dvd roms and decided to stick in front of the cpu fan !!! real good move eh LOL . i turned on my comp and cooked the cpu for 40 minutes before i realised the fan wasnt spinning .

unbeleivably i can still play bf2 after all this ? i dont think my cpu is a 2.6ghz any more though because every now and then the whole thing goes spastic .

so does any one else have have any near PC deaths

Last edited by GAIKIWARRIOR (2006-02-01 03:49:44)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6831
No. Unlike you, I know how to take out and put in hardware.
Although, When I first put my computer together, the PSU was faulty and blew when I turned it on. Luckily, It didn't take any other hardware with it. Bought a new PSU, stuck it in, been working fine ever since.
I have a new, better PSU I should put in soon, though. Waiting to finish sleeving it first.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-02-01 04:00:15)

MarianCieslar
Banned
+1|6658
I have 3.06Ghz, 1024MB RAM, GeForceA6600GT TDH and i must play BF2 on low details and 800x600!!!!
I do not know why???I think i have good PC.Help me
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6831

MarianCieslar wrote:

I have 3.06Ghz, 1024MB RAM, GeForceA6600GT TDH and i must play BF2 on low details and 800x600!!!!
I do not know why???I think i have good PC.Help me
O.o

Wow... I have a 2.0GHz(Athlon 64 3200+) Proc, 2 gigs of ram, and a 6600GT and I play BF2 on high. and I mean.. EVERYTHING on high.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6686
I punched my old computer right in CD-ROM then i took out everything and stepped on all the pieces.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6741|Malaga, EspaƱa
I installed XP on my really old 1996 Pentium 2 330 mhz 64 ram, 8 ram Video....the motherboard got fried by some overload it was just an experiment can a 1996 pentium 2 run a Modern OS ?
answer : NO!
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6729|Michigan
amd 2.0gig, 1024 ram, g-force 6800 128mb. run bf2 everything on medium.
I think I ruined my puter by installing SF.
Ok, maby goin a bit to far... SF is ok... just runs like crap!!!
Trel
+70|6675
Worst thing I ever did to my PC?

Install Battlefield 2 on it.
Good to be back.
=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6765|Canader , eh?
I think it would be the time i kicked it and the DVD drive broke..
4lter_3go
+1|6744|Leighton Barracks, Germany
kicked the shit out of my old compaq (2.8 celeron 512mb onboard graphics) and my harddrive broke
but now i have a new pc
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6753
I got really mad at something and hit the monitor, and it broke...Well it was an old one already I was going to buy a new one, this just accelerated the process
Once when I was cleaning the fan out I forgot to plug it back, but my system was smarter than me and shut the pc off when it realized that the processor is REALLY hot...
Anyways I usually just use to hurt the keyboard a bit...
ICE
+1|6674|Bremen, Indiana
I went on vacation for a lil over a week.  My computer room was in the basement, and I left my pc on as back in the day I shared a dial up connection from my pc over my network and was letting other people use my connection while I was gone.  I had locked my pc room cause I had problems with family members getting in and messing stuff up.  Well while I was gone my sump pump went out and water started workin its way up.  Well the pc room was already built up off the basement floor about 3 inches cause of previous water problems, and I had my pc tower on the floor.  Needless to say when I got home I went right down stairs to 10 inchs of water in my computer case.  My pc was on when the water hit it.  So basically I lost 1 of 2 hard drives, my MB, and my sound card.  Everything below the water line.  My vid card was about half an inch above the water line when I got home.  ughhh it sucked.  I was soooo pissed.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6835
I Dropped it from the roof off a 2 story building I was Roping down from when I was stealing it. I dropped a 22 inch monitor also and nearly killed 5 Japanese tourist below me.

The computer still works the Monitor is fucked ( heavy thing ). All in all I came off with 2 computers and one working 17 inch monitor.. They never knew what hit them.

Fuck em they Owed me money and wouldn't PAY So I ripped them off.

" Do not strike me with impunity! " 

Poe " The Cask of the Amarillo "
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6835|Finland

Trel wrote:

Thats my friend, not you. Hes psu blasted when he played it and his mother board broke
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6743|Houston, TX
Worst thing I've done was to allow my stepdaughter to download a lindsey lohan video....
Haven't forgiven myself yet....

KJ
h4r13quin
+0|6726
I haven't personally risked this.  But people I know have installed Shogun Total War.  Apparently that game just does things to screw up the software functions of computers, especially when a user even thinks about uninstalling it.
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6830

Kung Jew wrote:

Worst thing I've done was to allow my stepdaughter to download a lindsey lohan video....
Haven't forgiven myself yet....

KJ
Hahaha Joke of the Year, already.
TC><Injecter
+4|6826|Berlin, Germany

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

I installed XP on my really old 1996 Pentium 2 330 mhz 64 ram, 8 ram Video....the motherboard got fried by some overload it was just an experiment can a 1996 pentium 2 run a Modern OS ?
answer : NO!
Yes it can.... Someone managed to get XP running on a Pentium with 8 Mhz and 20 MB RAM... But XP needs 30 mins to start then...

I think the worst thing i did to my PC was put it under water and then wait until it steamed away...
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6780|The Hague, Holland
I removed the PentiumIII and whas surprised it didnt worked after that lol. Bought a new pc after that.
I putted that old Pentium on my window porch .
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6679|Dayton, Ohio
I had a lightning strike that semi burnt the mobo.  I got it working and ran it for another 6 months before the cpu spontaniously liquified one day while i was at work.  Burnt liquid silicon smell horable.
Trel
+70|6675

Landepaukku wrote:

Trel wrote:

Thats my friend, not you. Hes psu blasted when he played it and his mother board broke
Ouch. I just got sucked into the damn game, at least it hasn't raped my computer.

Yet.

<shakes fist at EA>
Good to be back.
WhiteStain
+3|6734|NEPA
I was smacking the one eyed trouser snake and it spit all over my 17" LCD.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6681|Stillwater, Ok
Lol dude thats horrible....I was sick one day though and puked all over my monitor and keyboard...i burned the keyboard and cleaned my monitor.  Lol it smelled horrible too.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

I'll tell you once I get a new computer. It's going to be bad I tell you now. I'll try and video it and post it here somewhere.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
josh's
Banned
+2|6687

Trel wrote:

Landepaukku wrote:

Trel wrote:

Ouch. I just got sucked into the damn game, at least it hasn't raped my computer.

Yet.

<shakes fist at EA>
man thats sick

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard