Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6668|The Outer Circle
Does anybody here know of any good hosting sites/companies etc...

There is that many sites advertising it all, never sure which to go with. So what do you use?

Unlimited bandwidth is a must!
Also the usual stuff PHP, MySQL and all that...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6317

www.justhost.com

$3.95/month - 1 domain for life, unlimited bandwidth, CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL
$8.95/month - 3 domains for life, unlimited bandwidth, CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6554|San Diego, CA, USA
Can't go wrong with 1&1 for your hosting and GoDaddy for your domains (I would keep them separate btw).

Make sure to buy your domain pretty quickly or a squatter will buy it.

EDIT: I personally use Verve Hosting...been using them for years.

Last edited by Harmor (2009-03-29 11:30:20)

Defiance
+438|6677

I used 1&1 (hosting package game with 2 domains) for a couple of years very pleasantly. Good performance, great customer service, and I just used the $5/month package.
CrazeD
+368|6678|Maine
bf2gammer
+14|6226
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida
1and1 is the most amazing hosting company i've come across. Huge amount of tools, HUGE amount of space for the money.

I def recommend them from my own experience.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida

jamiet757 wrote:

www.2ip.com

Some people may bash them, claiming they are down a lot, but they aren't. I have been using them for the past year and have had 0 problems. Excellent support service. Best of all, if you do not need unlimited space or bandwidth, you can pay $25 just one time, not a monthly cost.

PM me if you are interested in a coupon for 40% off.
Unlimited bandwidth and disk space for that low of a payment per month?

Am i missing some fine print?
Brasso
+1,549|6636

Mitch wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

www.2ip.com

Some people may bash them, claiming they are down a lot, but they aren't. I have been using them for the past year and have had 0 problems. Excellent support service. Best of all, if you do not need unlimited space or bandwidth, you can pay $25 just one time, not a monthly cost.

yeah, the one that says it's for life, and not per month
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida

haffeysucks wrote:

Mitch wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

www.2ip.com

But the monthly option, 4 dollars a month or whatever, unlimited everything? Can that be right? So super busy sites with super high traffic could essentially only have to pay 4/month or whatever.
CrazeD
+368|6678|Maine

Mitch wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Mitch wrote:

But the monthly option, 4 dollars a month or whatever, unlimited everything? Can that be right? So super busy sites with super high traffic could essentially only have to pay 4/month or whatever.
No, shared hosting doesn't really work that way. They'll probably clip your service if you're hogging resources too much.

However, HostGator has unlimited storage/bandwidth on (I think) all of their packages. I have the middle package, and I pay $10/month. Excellent service.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard