ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6576|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
Havent been on in a really long time, but ive decided to start playing bf2 again (Dont know why), and I thought this was the right place to ask this question.  Hopefully enough people still use these forums to the point that Ill get some useful feedback (If any at all).

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, model VGN-FW139E

The specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26 GHz
RAM: 3 GB
GFX Card: ATI Mobility Radeon 3400 series w/ 256 mb dedicated memory

I dont expect it to play on all high settings (Not that I play with those on my desktop at home anyway), but will it at least run BF2 on all low settings with a decent fps?  I have a blazing fast school internet connection and I really want to see what kind of damage I can do with it if I can get BF2 installed on my laptop.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6140|'straya
Short answer: Yes.
Long Answer: YEESSSS

the graphics card isn't great, the processor is good enough, RAM is good enough. won't play at high settings/resolutions but on low settings you should be fine.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6188|Winland

Low-mid settings depending on resolution.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6755|d
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6188|Winland

That site gives nothing but a very, very rough estimate.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
phishman420
Banned
+821|5672
is that toxic from conspiracy?

yes it is

hit me up when you wana play

Last edited by phishman420 (2009-03-27 08:11:58)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6559|NYC / Hamburg

That's pretty much my specs. Plays BF2 @ medium
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard