Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6170|New Austin, Not
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69432 … aiden.html

Wat.
I hope it doesn't fail harder than MGS2. Raiden was annoying as fuck in that game. Guess we will have to wait for E3.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
I actually really like MGS2, probably slightly more than 3. Just preferred the environments more than the jungle.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

MGS2 is the only one I don't own but I prefer three to it. Wasn't as keen on 2 because you didn't get to play as Snake for the majority. Would have been better to play as him on the Big Shell as the SEAL than Raiden.

I dunno how I would like a new MGS without Snake though, particularly if its Raiden, I mean he improved in 4 but still.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
meh, raiden played exactly the same as snake would have, it just allowed them to develop a more interesting plot.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6529|Boston, MA
Two was weird but it was still a good game. Hopefully if they do end up using Raiden it'll be the badass Raiden from MGS4. I still can't see how they're going to make a new MGS though.
icecold2510
+31|6292

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Two was weird but it was still a good game. Hopefully if they do end up using Raiden it'll be the badass Raiden from MGS4. I still can't see how they're going to make a new MGS though.
How did Raiden become a Cyborg? There was no insight on his quests for Sunny...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
there was, i cant exactly remember it but i think he was in a really bad car crash or something. Basically lost his limbs.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Thing is, at the end of MGS4 he got put back together again, unless he's now like a terminator-type cyborg with skin.

It would be interesting if they remade the two games before MGS1, never played those two. But then I remember reading Snake wasn't going to be a main character any more.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
MGS2 is the only one i ever had. loved it to bits. i think i did stealth the entire way through the game, until i got to some bit with lots of ninjas and stuff, and then i just shot everyone.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6170|New Austin, Not

M.O.A.B wrote:

Thing is, at the end of MGS4 he got put back together again, unless he's now like a terminator-type cyborg with skin.

It would be interesting if they remade the two games before MGS1, never played those two. But then I remember reading Snake wasn't going to be a main character any more.
I think it would probably be a prequel to MGS4

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Rescuing Sunny, getting captured and turned into a cyborg ninja, finding the corpse of Big Boss, etc
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Rohirm wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

I think it would probably be a prequel to MGS4

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Rescuing Sunny, getting captured and turned into a cyborg ninja, finding the corpse of Big Boss, etc
Yeah I was wondering whether a prequel might be made, or one between two other games. There was some sort of story that continued after MGS1 where you were part of Foxhound.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
Raiden is the model for the "hot" guy in Japan. For us whites, he looks and acts like a gay ass kid. But in Japan, all the girls get wet for him.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6574|London
Raiden is a good character, and MGS4 made him
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Aries_37 wrote:

Raiden is a good character, and MGS4 made him
Yeah but

Snake > Big Boss (even though practically the same guy) > Raiden
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6347|Belfast

Cybargs wrote:

Raiden is the model for the "hot" guy in Japan. For us whites, he looks and acts like a gay ass kid. But in Japan, all the girls get wet for him.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

Vilham wrote:

I actually really like MGS2, probably slightly more than 3. Just preferred the environments more than the jungle.
yea I played MGS2 thought it was good
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6434
MGS, as with a lot of japanese games, is good as long as you completely ignore the plot.
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5561|Stoke, England
If you play as MGS4 Raiden then it will be cool as fuck

He looked like a fuckin woman in 2.

Also
1>3>4>2

Also
It would be cool if Snake was still alive

Fat_Swinub wrote:

MGS, as with a lot of japanese games, is good as long as you completely ignore the plot.
lolwot?

MGS has the best plot of out every game I've ever played
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

MGS2 was fabulous. As were all the MGS games. There is no way it will fail. It's Metal Gear Solid... Jeez.
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK

Sidsnot wrote:

It would be cool if Snake was still alive
Great, just ruined the plot for me now
Wreckognize
+294|6484
Maybe it will be like a reverse MGS2. You start out as Raiden for the first part, then play as Snake for the rest.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6389

Is he wearing high heels in the picture? 
Mugen
+19|5998
so he can wield a knife with his feet like a friggin monkey!
rdx-fx
+955|6590
Hell, a remake of the original Metal Gear game, done on modern hardware in a modern FPS perspective, would be interesting.

Call it Metal Gear: Origins or something.

I fondly remember playing the original Metal Gear on my Nintendo.
I also remember playing the original arcade games Asteroids and Lunar Lander for hours on end too..
.. so, yes, I'm ancient.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2009-04-16 17:30:33)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

The first two are the only ones I haven't played. I always used to thinkg MGS1 was the original, often wondering about the references to something earlier.

Thing is, if a new one doesn't include Snake, would it be called Metal Gear Solid? Metal Gear Raiden doesn't have the same appeal
Though I suppose you weren't Solid Snake in MGS3.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard