Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

The Washington Post wrote:

President Obama is finalizing plans to move federal agents, equipment and other resources to the border with Mexico to support Mexican President Felipe Calderón's campaign against violent drug cartels, according to U.S. security officials.

Napolitano, designated by Obama to convene a multi-agency security plan for the border, said the government is preparing plans to send more agents and intensify its investigation and prosecution of cartel-related activity in the United States. In addition, she said, the government may expand efforts to trace the sources of guns that move from the United States into Mexico.

Government officials are discussing how to increase intelligence sharing and military cooperation with Mexico, following a visit there this month by Adm. Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. And the administration could employ tools used to track terrorist financing to follow the flow of funds within the estimated $65 billion North American drug trade. Funds -- estimated at $18 billion to $39 billion a year -- move through wire transfers as well as cash smuggled into Mexico in planes and vehicles and by human "mules."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … =rss_world

Thoughts?
NAthANSmitt
Stud
+4|6128
I hope it works.
rdx-fx
+955|6590
And does Mr. Obama have a coherent plan for when the rounds start flying across the border?

We shoot back this time?

Under Clinton, we got to build a border fence for a couple miles through Naco and Nogales.
(Yes, we, as in I was one of the surveyors that put those two fences in, thanks)

Not alot of clear policy for what we were supposed to do when we got people shooting at us from the other side of the border.
Ended up being typical Clinton policy:  get shot at, don't shoot back.  Don't do anything to attract a CNN newscrew, for gods sake.. I'm busy getting blowjobs and would rather not have to go give a press conference

I'm guessing Mr. Obama is going to be similar.
Pretty plan, good speech, devoid of critical operational details necessary for success.

I hope it works, but I'm not enthusiastic with the lack of real planning being shown.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
I heard 80 agents were being dispatched.
https://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/rolleye/rolleye0008.gif
BVC
+325|6694
I have two suggestions on how to solve the problem.

1- Concrete wall, 20m high, 10m thick, with firing ports and samsung sentry guns (with english and spanish language modules) along the entire length of the border.  Have a handful of entry (choke) points.

2- An objective review of drug policy.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6705
We could have build a fricking border wall/fence, which would have saved us a lot of trouble and money, but nooooo......
The#1Spot
+105|6539|byah

rdx-fx wrote:

And does Mr. Obama have a coherent plan for when the rounds start flying across the border?

We shoot back this time?

Under Clinton, we got to build a border fence for a couple miles through Naco and Nogales.
(Yes, we, as in I was one of the surveyors that put those two fences in, thanks)

Not alot of clear policy for what we were supposed to do when we got people shooting at us from the other side of the border.
Ended up being typical Clinton policy:  get shot at, don't shoot back.  Don't do anything to attract a CNN newscrew, for gods sake.. I'm busy getting blowjobs and would rather not have to go give a press conference

Pretty plan, good speech, devoid of critical operational details necessary for success.

I hope it works, but I'm not enthusiastic with the lack of real planning being shown.
8 years, nothing from Bush. Doubt he even knows what a Mexican is.
mikkel
+383|6600

Pubic wrote:

1- Concrete wall, 20m high, 10m thick, with firing ports and samsung sentry guns (with english and spanish language modules) along the entire length of the border.
"Run left for English"
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina
Well, if this doesn't work, there's always annexation.
mikkel
+383|6600

Turquoise wrote:

I hear they like cheap labour in the UAE. Annexation followed by mandatory deportation.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina

mikkel wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I hear they like cheap labour in the UAE. Annexation followed by mandatory deportation.
I like the way you think.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6342|California

rdx-fx wrote:

We shoot back this time?

You're very against Obama aren't you? Criticizing every  thing he does that you don't like even though he's already done more about critical situations in 2 months than Bush did? You say impeach Obama yet you say you're "American"? F*** off. Seriously. Stop sitting on your couch criticizing other people. Actually, since you seem to know so much, how about you go get your own small personal military and solve the border/drug problem yourself? You can't? What a shame. Aren't even gonna try? I guess your not 'American' then and are criminalized now.

Of course there's always a doubtful side to things. You can't control every event that happens. The point is that he is actually trying to change things instead of what Bush did and what people like you do; which is nothing. You have an exponentially better life than 80% of the world that lives on <$10 a day.

I, for one, am happy he is at least trying to help solve this problem a bit by cracking down.

(Btw, rdx, if you or anyone else want to respond to my post just do it through PM. I don't want the thread to be de-railed by this.)

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2009-03-22 17:34:07)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock

xBlackPantherx wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

We shoot back this time?

You're very against Obama aren't you? Criticizing every  thing he does that you don't like even though he's already done more about critical situations in 2 months than Bush did? You say impeach Obama yet you say you're "American"? F*** off. Seriously. Stop sitting on your couch criticizing other people. Actually, since you seem to know so much, how about you go get your own small personal military and solve the border/drug problem yourself? You can't? What a shame. Aren't even gonna try? I guess your not 'American' then and are criminalized now.

Of course there's always a doubtful side to things. You can't control every event that happens. The point is that he is actually trying to change things instead of what Bush did and what people like you do; which is nothing. You have an exponentially better life than 80% of the world that lives on <$10 a day.

I, for one, am happy he is at least trying to help solve this problem a bit by cracking down.

(Btw, rdx, if you or anyone else want to respond to my post just do it through PM. I don't want the thread to be de-railed by this.)
HE wasn't saying anything bad about Obama per se, just noting the lack of planning and commenting that it looks good, but is it really? What's the point of doing something without having a plan for when shit hits te fan. Its all well and good to have a plan, but I don't see anything showing and plan Bs or Cs, I think that is what rd is trying to say.

You are awefully quick to defend Obama and get on the Bush bashing wagon aren't you?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

xBlackPantherx wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

We shoot back this time?

Well, I don't agree with rdx-fx on most things but you are quick to attack someone's life and character for giving their views on something. I'm sure rdx-fx has had a longer life and more experience and has done something to earn his right to sit on his couch and mouth off unlike a teenager who hasn't done much for his country or people.

Either way I'd love to see rdx-fx come in and respond to that, rather then do it through PMs. It's my castle thread after all.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

As suggested, a concrete wall.

Don't give me that bullshit about ladders either, it's working for Israel against the Palestinians and they have militant militias with bombs, what do the Mexicans have compared to that?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6767

Flecco wrote:

As suggested, a concrete wall.

Don't give me that bullshit about ladders either, it's working for Israel against the Palestinians and they have militant militias with bombs, what do the Mexicans have compared to that?
breakfast barritos?
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5574|The Wild West
mexicans...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

BN wrote:

barritos?
que?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Burritos taste awesome.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
mikkel
+383|6600
Appropriate google ad for this thread.

https://shinn.me/imgad.gif
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6310|South Jersey

mikkel wrote:

Pubic wrote:

1- Concrete wall, 20m high, 10m thick, with firing ports and samsung sentry guns (with english and spanish language modules) along the entire length of the border.
"Run left for English"
corre a la derecha para espanol
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
This could have been done easily enough by Bush, why didn't he?
Could it be he wanted Democratic California to fail under the weight of immigrants and gangs?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Could it be he wanted Democratic California to fail under the weight of immigrants and gangs?
It's because he was always gay for Mexico. Never a selling point among his base (or fringe).
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6642|England

xBlackPantherx wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

We shoot back this time?

Just saw this post and I thought I should say in the open that even though you are an American you probably supported impeaching Bush and disagreeing with his decisions when he was in power.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6342|California
Adams - No I'm not trying to defend Obama personally or bash Bush specifically, I'm trying to point out that people don't see both sides as I did.

Macbeth - You're critiquing me for pointing out someone elses words and judging them when you are doing exactly that of me? Awesome.

Sgt. Davi - Actually I didn't agree with impeaching Bush. And, although I did disagree with many things he did, I will say he wasn't wrong on a few things. I simply think he could have addressed more serious/critical issues than he did or see the reality of some of the things he saw in his mind. I even actually agreed with what his administration said in response to criticisms about his lack of plan trying to move some troops out of Iraq. That if they announce a public withdrawal of troops that it'd be setting a date for extremist groups to come out to the open. 

My point is that Obama is actually trying to address some of these issues and at least starting to build plans, even if they are a bit sketchy right now. Bush wasn't even trying to fix the sloping economy or our gas/oil issues and prices or the border/drug problem etc.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2009-03-23 15:59:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard