krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6906|Great Brown North

trex1210 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Canada is safer than the US so they don't have to have heavy armoured vehicles and bullet proof vests. But still pretty BS that they are taking a break lol.
All Mountie cruisers are armoured and all Mounties vests are kevlar. I know this because my mom is a Mountie and I have been around the RCMP(mounties) my whole life.
The RCMP is no bull shit police force. They dont take crap from anyone.
Also they only use horses in big ass crouds (riots or protests) and in big parks where a cruiser cannot go. Horses are faster than a bike and you can see more on a horse, plus a horse can run through a bush unlike a bike.
and criminals are fucking terrified of horses. outrunning a cop on foot is one thing... running from a large animal is another
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6572|Amsterdam‫

krazed wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Canada is safer than the US so they don't have to have heavy armoured vehicles and bullet proof vests. But still pretty BS that they are taking a break lol.
All Mountie cruisers are armoured and all Mounties vests are kevlar. I know this because my mom is a Mountie and I have been around the RCMP(mounties) my whole life.
The RCMP is no bull shit police force. They dont take crap from anyone.
Also they only use horses in big ass crouds (riots or protests) and in big parks where a cruiser cannot go. Horses are faster than a bike and you can see more on a horse, plus a horse can run through a bush unlike a bike.
and criminals are fucking terrified of horses. outrunning a cop on foot is one thing... running from a large animal is another
like this
https://www.parool.nl/static/FOTO/pe/1/3/4/art_xlarge_18754.jpg
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6704|Columbus, OH
I believe this is a loose commentary show on the Fox station so don't take it all personal. Did anyone check out the "wings" on the side of Jonathn Hoenig's head!?!? I bet he can hear me typing his name.
Warhammer
+18|5807
I have been watching this show as much as possible as it comes on (DVR). I am telling you if you watch their shows throughout it is funny as hell and most of the time they are joking if they are serious you would know and they portray it through humor. Yes, the host Greg is conservative leaning and Bill his sidekick basically shows the other side.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6655|Global Command

trex1210 wrote:

Sorry I shouldnt of said that all Americans think that. I was really fucking pissed off I had to go for a walk. It actually hurt me (fuck off im not a pussy) about them calling down the RCMP and Military. My mother is a police officer (mountie) and also I am almost in the Canadian Forces as an infantry soldier so that whole bashing Canada thing hit home. I apologize to those I have affended by asking if all Americans think this.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e3/DoRightCast.JPG/350px-DoRightCast.JPG
Karbin
+42|6421
Being as it's Fox-so-called-News, I expect nothing better.  Around work it's called "The Red-Neck News".
Think that says it all.

Four Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan                            20/03/2009 6:59:31 PM

Four Canadian soldiers have been killed and another eight injured in Afghanistan in two separate improvised explosive attacks.

CTV.ca News Staff

The dead have been identified as: Master Cpl. Scott Vernelli, 28, Cpl. Tyler Crooks, 24, Trooper Jack Bouthillier, 20, and Trooper Corey Joseph Hayes, 22.

Vernelli and Crooks died in an early morning blast at about 6:45 a.m. local time while on foot patrol in the Zhari district west of Kandahar. Another five Canadian soldiers were injured in that attack and a local interpreter was killed.

Bouthillier and Hayes were killed about two hours later when their vehicle was struck by a roadside bomb attack in the Shah Wali Kot district, about 20 kilometres northeast of Kandahar city. Three others were injured.

All the deaths occurred as the Canadians were taking part in a major operation attacking Taliban command centres and supply lines.

The operation was described as the largest joint Canadian-American military operation since Korea, CTV News' Jennifer Madigan reported from Kandahar.

All the wounded soldiers were evacuated by helicopter and are listed in stable condition.

Brig.-Gen. Jonathan Vance, the commander of Canadian troops in Afghanistan, urged Canadians in a statement to not consider the deaths a failure of any particular person or the mission.

"Success in war is costly. We are determined to succeed so that Afghan lives improve, but the insurgents are equally determined to challenge and prevent Afghanistan from flourishing as the nation it so wants to be. Remember, the deaths of these superb Canadians occurred as Canadian Forces were bringing safety to those in peril. Today, they succeeded," he said.

Vance added that the soldiers died protecting the Afghan people.

All of the soldiers were based out of CFB Petawawa.

Madigan said the news of the deaths quickly spread around the Canadian base in Kandahar.

"The mood was very somber, it was very quiet . . . people sitting around breakfast without saying a word," she said.

Vernelli was described as an experienced and well-respected soldier. He is survived by his spouse and six-month-old daughter.

Madigan said that Vernelli's tour of duty was postponed earlier so he could be home for his daughter's birth and he was a "proud father."

Crooks was described as a keen soldier, an excellent athlete who "would do anything for you without even being asked."

Madigan said Crooks was very popular and often was seen sitting with much higher ranked officers.

Both Vernelli and Crooks were of November Company, 3rd Battalion of the Royal Canadian Regiment.

Bouthillier was known for his sense of humour, Vance said, and practiced martial arts.

Hayes was a "proud and dedicated soldier . . . who stood up for what was right," Vance said.

Both Bouthillier and Hayes were of the Royal Canadian Dragoons.

Defence Minister Peter MacKay expressed his condolences Friday saying in a statement, "Their loss was not in vain and Canada and the Canadian Forces are committed to this UN-sanctioned, NATO-led mission."

The deaths bring the total number of Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan to 116.

Last edited by Karbin (2009-03-20 16:48:34)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6412|eng
Holy shit.
#rekt
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6888

Karbin wrote:

Being as it's Fox-so-called-News, I expect nothing better.  Around work it's called "The Red-Neck News".
Think that says it all.
and where do you work?
Karbin
+42|6421

usmarine wrote:

Karbin wrote:

Think that says it all.
and where do you work?
An auto plant in Canada
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6888

Karbin wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Karbin wrote:

Think that says it all.
and where do you work?
An auto plant in Canada
so why do you care what is on fox then?
Karbin
+42|6421

usmarine wrote:

Karbin wrote:

Think that says it all.
and where do you work?
An auto plant in Canada.

I also spent 8 years in the Army here. In light of what these "commentator's" have said, I find it very funny that the US military has adopted the same tactic's we are using, when dealing with the civilian population.
Karbin
+42|6421

usmarine wrote:

Karbin wrote:

usmarine wrote:

and where do you work?
An auto plant in Canada
so why do you care what is on fox then?
It's the Mouth of the Neo-Cons, and dose not come close to their mission statement of "Fair and Balanced".
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6888

Karbin wrote:

It's the Mouth of the Neo-Cons, and dose not come close to their mission statement of "Fair and Balanced".
so what?  why pay attention to it?  i dont read/watch cnn or bbc for the same reasons.  you seem obsessed over something that you find stupid.  that makes no sense.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5712

I don't agree with most of Fox News on things but I have to say they are good showmen. Conservative radio and T.V. news is more entertaining then liberal radio and T.V. news.
Karbin
+42|6421

usmarine wrote:

Karbin wrote:

so what?  why pay attention to it?  i dont read/watch cnn or bbc for the same reasons.  you seem obsessed over something that you find stupid.  that makes no sense.
No....it's Fox's TOTAL disrespect. Canada, by a statement made by the Pentagon, has pulled more then it's own share in Afghanistan. Unlike some of our allies in this mission.
We have 20 full time Battalions in Land Forces... That's it.  47 Battalions in the Primary Reserve (works something like the Guard in the States).
The way it's been working is, 6 months in Afghanistan, 3 months Garrison, 3 months prep training, 6 months Afghanistan.
One of the problems we are having is keeping the Sr.NCO's with this deployment routine. Family's cant take mom or dad only being home for three months of the year. Yet we still have people that with go out there. Deployment after deployment.
We dint have, and never have had, a Stop-loss program.

And Fox makes a joke out of them.

Just heard a good one.  "It's sad that the most intelligent voice on Fox is that of Homer Simpson"
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5712

Karbin wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Karbin wrote:

No....it's Fox's TOTAL disrespect. Canada, by a statement made by the Pentagon, has pulled more then it's own share in Afghanistan. Unlike some of our allies in this mission.
We have 20 full time Battalions in Land Forces... That's it.  47 Battalions in the Primary Reserve (works something like the Guard in the States).
The way it's been working is, 6 months in Afghanistan, 3 months Garrison, 3 months prep training, 6 months Afghanistan.
One of the problems we are having is keeping the Sr.NCO's with this deployment routine. Family's cant take mom or dad only being home for three months of the year. Yet we still have people that with go out there. Deployment after deployment.

Just heard a good one.  "It's sad that the most intelligent voice on Fox is that of Homer Simpson"
Too fucking bad. It's their channel they can say whatever the hell they want.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6888

Karbin wrote:

so then just ignore it?  who cares?

and if people voted dem in america, which they did, then how is the mouth piece still #1?  i know why.  obsessed people like you thats why.  congrats.  your hate makes them more rich and more powerful.  good work.
Karbin
+42|6421

Macbeth wrote:

Karbin wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Too fucking bad. It's their channel they can say whatever the hell they want.
True....and they can settle out of court too.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6888

Karbin wrote:

ahhh yes.  freedom of speech eh?
Karbin
+42|6421

usmarine wrote:

Karbin wrote:

and if people voted dem in america, which they did, then how is the mouth piece still #1?  i know why.  obsessed people like you thats why.  congrats.  your hate makes them more rich and more powerful.  good work.
I DO NOT watch Fox. Found out about this here 
The bad news is that the Government has now taken notice. What they will do...I don't know.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5712

Karbin wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Karbin wrote:

I DO NOT watch Fox. Found out about this here 
The bad news is that the Government has now taken notice. What they will do...I don't know.
They won't do jackshit and if they do you'll just be giving Fox News more ammo to fire off.
Karbin
+42|6421

usmarine wrote:

Karbin wrote:

ahhh yes.  freedom of speech eh?
Slander and Defamation are not freedom of speech.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6362|Uk
i would like to see that cunt try and fight on the front line, he'd pussy out in seconds

seriously, for someone who could be considered the scum of the earth, he's ridiculously arrogant about things that he personally didnt even achieve
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6320|Schofield Barracks
Fucking idiots.
csmag
+92|6573|Canada
That was fucking stupid. I got nothing against you americans though, theres douches like that all over the world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard