Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6565|Brisbane, Aus

DefCon-17 wrote:

Valve is pretty quick with fixing things (usually), so it wouldn't surprise me if they release a new patch today
quite right

[-]March 19, 2009 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Game changes

Fixed decal related crash

Removed upper limit for the "tf_flag_caps_per_round" convar

Server changes

Fixed players being kicked from servers with an INVALID_STEAM_TICKET rejection

Added a message to the server console to show when the server has reconnected to Steam
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6443

Flecco wrote:

@ Swinub...

Wrong. There is teamwork built into the game dynamics sure but a team composed of people using voice and coordinating their actions as a team is about 500 times better than a bunch of randoms just doing what their class is designed to do.

They really need to put VIP mode back in. That was a funny game mode.
That really doesn't differentiate it from any team based deathmatch game. Just because one group are organised doesn't mean that TF2 isn't distinctly lacking in the ability to actively persue teamwork.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6478

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Flecco wrote:

@ Swinub...

Wrong. There is teamwork built into the game dynamics sure but a team composed of people using voice and coordinating their actions as a team is about 500 times better than a bunch of randoms just doing what their class is designed to do.

They really need to put VIP mode back in. That was a funny game mode.
That really doesn't differentiate it from any team based deathmatch game. Just because one group are organised doesn't mean that TF2 isn't distinctly lacking in the ability to actively persue teamwork.
What are you talking about? TF2 has no teamwork? It is the definitive teamwork game, as in, it's the only competitive FPS game out there right now that practically makes it impossible for 'Side X' to beat 'Side Y' simply because they have an uber-pro rambo-ringer on their team. All other games: CS Source, CoD4/CoD5, BF2 etc. can be heavily swayed by an exponentially good player. TF2 it's a no-no, one single player on his own is nothing without an integrated team.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6410|dm_maidenhead

Flecco wrote:

Wtf is all the hate aimed at 2fort for?

Just because there are a few 24/7 servers around. Ctf is actually probably the mode where teamwork means the most.
12 players
-3 engineers
-3 snipers
-3 scouts (can't get past sentries just running around)
-1-2 random players just playing deathmatch ignoring the flag.
-you

Sure the numbers vary slightly. But most of the time set ups like this mean there are only a hand full of people actually trying to capture the objective. And even then most of the time they are working seperately. Only very few times do people actually work together in a large group (teamwork) to get to the flag as seen in most other game modes.

So teamwork may mean the most, it just doesn't happen.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6673|NT, like Mick Dundee

Yeah but you guys in the UK play TF2 weird.

AND YOU DON'T SAY CRIKEY ENOUGH!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6447|King Of The Islands

Oh my that was a ripping lark, eh chaps?

srsly though, that is one noisy motherfuck of a server, and you can't hit shit with a ping of 380.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6410|dm_maidenhead
Yeah to let you know not all UK servers are full of people playing songs.

Most are pretty quiet.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Peter wrote:

Most are pretty quiet.
Which is worse.

At least on many Aussie servers you have 2 or 3 randoms with mics who will talk about Team Fortress and where spies are/when to pop uber/who's sentry to upgrade/laugh at stupid rocket jumps etc.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-03-20 07:33:44)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6443

Uzique wrote:

What are you talking about? TF2 has no teamwork? It is the definitive teamwork game, as in, it's the only competitive FPS game out there right now that practically makes it impossible for 'Side X' to beat 'Side Y' simply because they have an uber-pro rambo-ringer on their team. All other games: CS Source, CoD4/CoD5, BF2 etc. can be heavily swayed by an exponentially good player. TF2 it's a no-no, one single player on his own is nothing without an integrated team.
CSS and COD4 also have no mechanics which are specifically aimed at teamwork. BF2 does but when competitive play is concerned it's not possible to reach that potential (why blow assets when commanders aren't allowed? Why go anti-tank/engineer with no vehicles?). If you're going to argue the point that each class has clear limitations and therefore teamwork is required then it only re-enforces that it's completely passive bar medic. There's two kinds of teamwork I'm talking about here, the passive kind that TF2 offers and the active kind where you're thinking about your teammates in the forefront.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6410|dm_maidenhead

Flecco wrote:

Peter wrote:

Most are pretty quiet.
Which is worse.

At least on many Aussie servers you have 2 or 3 randoms with mics who will talk about Team Fortress and where spies are/when to pop uber/who's sentry to upgrade/laugh at stupid rocket jumps etc.
I think its pretty much the same the same in UK.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6529|Austin, Texas
Makes my FPS worse.

Dual 8800 GTXs (SLI off)
8gig ram
2 Dual Core AMD 256
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6351
https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/imgad?id=CO_W0syfvv3xaRDYBRhPMgijVF-OaFYFPA

wat
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5570|Stoke, England
Seems to be the same on/off for me
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Uzique wrote:

CSS and COD4 also have no mechanics which are specifically aimed at teamwork. BF2 does but when competitive play is concerned it's not possible to reach that potential (why blow assets when commanders aren't allowed? Why go anti-tank/engineer with no vehicles?). If you're going to argue the point that each class has clear limitations and therefore teamwork is required then it only re-enforces that it's completely passive bar medic. There's two kinds of teamwork I'm talking about here, the passive kind that TF2 offers and the active kind where you're thinking about your teammates in the forefront.
Yes, but that 'passive' kind of teamwork being built into the class dynamics is what makes the 'active' teamwork so much more effective. On pubs and in competition.
dill13
+67|6202

I hate this update my game lags to shit now with multi core on and off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard