acefighter15
+0|5528|England
Hi all,

I have finally got the Special Forces expansion pack, yes I know I'm a bit late! I have loaded it on but when i try to launch it comes up with this mods/bf2/shaders/lighting.fx not found do check working directory and syne your shaders folder before calling upon your rendering program/gp (really!!).

I know its properly something very simple but I'm not the best with problems on computers!

Your help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Ace
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I remember having this before, can't remember what it was, try doing a fresh reinstall of both BF2 and SF.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6545
Then reappling the most current patch
signa
~~~~~
+50|6726|Michigan, USA
there is some fix info here
acefighter15
+0|5528|England
Thanks for all the help guys. I will have a go today.

Hopefully I'm successful and can finally play Special Forces!

Ace
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6354|the Great British Queendom :)
Re-Patch it
kshorty0948
+0|5550|england
hi im new to all of this im haven the same problem how do i fix it
!UsA! dillpill777
+1|5452
Hi guys, I know i can't help acefighter15 up there, but I have my own trouble with BF2:SF. I have Windows Vista and Battlefield 2 Already installed. I bought Special Forces for the new maps and the new weapons unlocks and installed it, then restarted my computer. I go to sign in and it goes to the loading screen, "CONNECTING TO ACCOUNT SERVER.", Then after a couple of seconds my screen goes black and back to my desktop. I have spent 2 weeks installing and installing BF2 And BF2: SF and try ed every (And I mean EVERY!) patch from v1.03 to v1.41. I have given up of BF2: SF but I really want my Unlocks and maps.

Any help would be great and appreciated.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6726|Michigan, USA
well something is messed up, so I suggest doing a manual un-install of BF2 and SF:

bf2:  http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … faqid=8986

sf:  http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=11150

then reinstall the game using the correct install order which is:

BF2 > SF > 1.41 > EF/AF > 1.41 > highway tampa.

if you dont have euroforce or armored fury, then skip that step.  I usually skip the first 1.41 after installing SF, but I've heard other people say to do it if your having problems.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

signa wrote:

I usually skip the first 1.41 after installing SF, but I've heard other people say to do it if your having problems.
The EF/AF installer requires at least v1.3, butt SF is only v1.2, IIRC.
!UsA! dillpill777
+1|5452
Thanks for you help guys, I fixed my BF2 And BF2: SF problem. It turns out that when i put a string in my hosts file to get unlocks on bf2 v1.03 And try to update BF2 to v1.41 it would mess up. So I removed the string and updated it and was able to download my SF. Thanks again for the help.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6726|Michigan, USA

globefish23 wrote:

signa wrote:

I usually skip the first 1.41 after installing SF, but I've heard other people say to do it if your having problems.
The EF/AF installer requires at least v1.3, butt SF is only v1.2, IIRC.
wierd,  I always install  bf2 > sf > ef/af > 1.41 and never had any problems.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard