Badvock
Squishing Your Head
+1|6704|Bolton UK
OK So I haven't been on here (as a poster) that long but in that short time i have seen 3 or 4 various "I hate America" type threads being started (i'm a Brit before the flames start )

Now correct me if i'm wrong but this a forum for chat related to (though not exclusively about) BF2....... If I wanted a geopolitical discussion about the evils of America (Or China or Russia or Wales) I would join a political based forum.  Then I start seeing all this lets "bomb the shit out the ragheads" type of threads being started and again informed discussion about such matters should be the order of the day, but in this forum????

I guess my beef is that there is not one or two of these types of threads appearing each week ( I have been observing for while before i signed up) but 4 or 5 a week??. Now please don't get me wrong I like many others like the odd dig at the yanks (sorry guys but some of you are just far too easy to wind up) and many other nations for that matter, but for the most part it is just good natured banter. I for one would like to see a mandatory feild in the posters profile listing location and age ( i know easily spoofed) because i just can't beleive everyone posting here is over the legal drinking age (18 in UK, I personally look at the time the post was made to give me an indication of an age of the poster)  or at least the drinking IQ.

I suppose what I am trying to say is this. On the field of BF2 we are all the same, no nationality matters no age matters no personal beleif matters.....just the game. So quit with the nation battering and just get on with life........It is far to short anyway.

Peace

*edit for typo's*

Last edited by Badvock (2006-01-31 17:12:18)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6715
Its not really that we hate this or that person its just something to talk about and do and make people angry wich is fun.
WormGuts
+17|6821|Dayton, Ohio
God i love you Brits.

You can make a quick point in 1000 words or more and sound so light about it.

Cheerio.
Badvock
Squishing Your Head
+1|6704|Bolton UK
OMG Wormguts a Magpie fan in Ohio??? and i thought the Reds got around...lol
WormGuts
+17|6821|Dayton, Ohio
I watch them as often as i can.  Which is nearly never.  I do catch some of the fixtures on the internet though.

BTW that's a wonderful little website you've got there.  Looks like a whale of a good time.  Getting smashed then getting smashed (you pick the order).

We've got something like that in the states as well.  It's called the renesaince fair.  It unfortunately isn't as time period specific (generally the whole of the middle ages).

edit [i've got a friend in Indiana who's a huge leeds fan.  we actually went to the England vs USA match that was in Chicago this past year.  we have a friend who lives north of london that we tried to get to come for the game, but he couldn't make the trip.]

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-01-31 17:55:15)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6740|Norway
Well, technically - this part of the forum (the community part) don't have all that much to do with the game.. It's a place for the community to come and blow steam and such..

So, if you are bothered by the shortness of life - how about not wasting time looking at posts that annoy you?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6802|Noizyland

Well it's kind of obvious you're a semi-new poster here, but aparently you've been 'lurking' for a while.
Huh.

See, the fact that you posted this in the right forum seems to suggest that you know what to do, which is good, but you still don't seem to realise what we do here.

We are an online community, who are linked by the fact that we play Battlefield 2. That's prettty much it. We are similar in no other obvious ways. We basicly come here to talk crap about anything, and have a squizz at our stats. We do talk a lot about BF2 as well, which is great, it's what brought us together, and the one thing that we all have in common, and thus, all have opinions on.

However, just because we all play BF2, dosn't mean that that is our lives and we talk about nothing else. It's great that I can come here and have a heated debate with that arsehole xanthpi about racism/immigration/islam, or debate with anyone else about serious issues.

So we are not just a site about BF2, we are an online comunity brought together by BF2.

(Jeff, Travis, feel free to disagree with me about this.)

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-02-01 02:14:56)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6865|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Badvock wrote:

Now correct me if i'm wrong but this a forum for chat related to (though not exclusively about) BF2....... If I wanted a geopolitical discussion about the evils of America (Or China or Russia or Wales) I would join a political based forum.
A little bit of history here..this section of the Forums started because a couple of us back then started engaging in serious debates which lacked any relation to BF2 and we were "petitioning" Chuy and the Mods to start  a section just so that we can take the non-BF2 related stuff out of the gaming threads elsewhere and still remain within the community of BF2 gamers. Unfortunately, it also provided an opportunity for bash-America bash-Other Races posts to appear.

Badvock wrote:

I suppose what I am trying to say is this. On the field of BF2 we are all the same, no nationality matters no age matters no personal beleif matters.....just the game. So quit with the nation battering and just get on with life........It is far to short anyway.
Amen to that.. Peace, too.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6715
I actually love all of you guys give me a hug just dont touch my ass.
Badvock
Squishing Your Head
+1|6704|Bolton UK

Tyferra wrote:

However, just because we all play BF2, dosn't mean that that is our lives and we talk about nothing else. It's great that I can come here and have a heated debate with that []arsehole[/i] xanthpi about racism/immigration/islam, or debate with anyone else about serious issues.
I fully understand that mate, any forum with a "General chat" area set aside is subject to the vagaries of peoples whims and whatever is ticking them off at that time. I was merely pointing out that there are four or five "lets nuke/bomb/love/hate (country of your choice, though usually America)" I can ignore them no problem, and I don't want to stifle free speach, but for gods sake to all those who do consider starting a thread like that may i refer you to the "search button" thread...lol
Fahrenheit
+0|6806
im with the original poster....well said! this place should be a little corner away from all the usual crap life throws at us!!!! lol
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6868|Cologne, Germany

Badvock wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

However, just because we all play BF2, dosn't mean that that is our lives and we talk about nothing else. It's great that I can come here and have a heated debate with that []arsehole[/i] xanthpi about racism/immigration/islam, or debate with anyone else about serious issues.
I fully understand that mate, any forum with a "General chat" area set aside is subject to the vagaries of peoples whims and whatever is ticking them off at that time. I was merely pointing out that there are four or five "lets nuke/bomb/love/hate (country of your choice, though usually America)" I can ignore them no problem, and I don't want to stifle free speach, but for gods sake to all those who do consider starting a thread like that may i refer you to the "search button" thread...lol
well, if you don't want to engage in any of those, simply don't. We won't be forcing you.

Gee, I wish I could do that...

apart from that, I am with Tyferra and Mike.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6864
wait till he runs into Marconiuos Beatdownpatrol or Kenario
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6747
Ha. Tyferra must have been one of the people I owned (big time) in one of the Islam threads. No one likes being owned. No one admits to being owned.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6721|San Francisco
I'm with Tyferra.  If you'd rather not sit through extremist rants (Left/Right/Middle/whatever) and see "hate" show up 500 times in a matter of 3 posts, and would rather talk BF2, it's all up to you to not come into this particular part of the forum.
GrimReaper121
+0|6716|Tampa, Florida
Al Those In Favor Of Nuking Australia Say "i"
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6702|Canberra, AUS

GrimReaper121 wrote:

not
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6743

Spark wrote:

GrimReaper121 wrote:

not
yeah that would be a smart move, then Aus will start sinking US carriers w/ our subs, its been done in a wargame (not video game, but real ships moving across the ocean using computers to calculate where the torpedo will go)

and where your gonna nuke? the desert?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6802|Noizyland

Anyway, Australia has already been nuked - more than once.
It's true, there used to be A-bomb tests out in the desert.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-02-06 02:35:40)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6868|Cologne, Germany

xanthpi wrote:

Ha. Tyferra must have been one of the people I owned (big time) in one of the Islam threads. No one likes being owned. No one admits to being owned.
xanthpi, where have you been ? the events of the last weeks must have been a dream come true for you...
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6737|Sweden
Nuke Canada! Cause South Park Says So !
Schutzengel
+0|6689

GrimReaper121 wrote:

Wouldn't that be "Aye"

now damn.. you just got schooled by someone from Polk (Pronounced "Poke") county
Schutzengel
+0|6689

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Nuke Canada! Cause South Park Says So !
i thought they said to "Blame Canada!!!!" and of course the Bladwins...
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6841

Tyferra wrote:

Anyway, Australia has already been nuked - more than once.
It's true, there used to be A-bomb tests out in the desert.
My left nut is bulging and glowing...
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6747

B.Schuss wrote:

xanthpi wrote:

xanthpi, where have you been ? the events of the last weeks must have been a dream come true for you...
It's funny isn't it, how everything I have said about Islam seems to be proved by what happens out there in the real world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard