LockerFish
+47|6707
I'm kinda worried that if they do lower certain higher ranks point requirements with the new patch, I'm relatively close and will be closer before the patch comes out. Ok that sentence didn't make much sense but the following will. I'm worried that if they even out the point requirements for first/master sargent I might get shafted out of my first sargent because I'm missing the basic knife badge. I'm sure I'll get it before 20,000 as of now, but not sure if I'll be able to do it if they lower the points and/or I get auto promoted without my Basic Knife Combat Badge. SO yeah, sorry if any of you regret reading this. just pointing out a fact that I was wondering if maybe anyone else was worried about the same thing.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
i thought they were adding officer rank above what we already have, rather than changing what exists like last time... could be wrong tho *shrugs*
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
They aren't lowering the rank requirements. They're adding ranks all the way up to the General ranks. If they lowered the requirements, that means people would get General sooner and then they'd be stuck because they can't add anymore ranks.
LockerFish
+47|6707
ok well I just have heard alot about them evening the space between 2nd leutenant and the one below it or whatever, you know?

8,000-20,000=16,000 point difference.
  20,000-50,000=30,000 point difference. \
                                                              }These two
50,000-200,000=150,000 point difference./
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6713
dam i thought they'd lower the space...

guess i'll have to save the dam unlocks for new sniper/AT
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6756
No, I think seriously that they will add some new ranks below 200,000 points, otherwise its just going to be unreachable for all but the Mega players who play the game continously while recieving an IV of RedBull.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779
I don't think the ranking system should be made to allow everyone to be equal.  The people who put more time into the game and play more SHOULD get the higher ranks.

I don't agree with a 150,000 pt difference, but there needs to be a line.

Either way, I could care less.  I've pretty much got the unlocks I want and I will be getting the last two in 500 pts (if I ever bother to boot it up again).
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

DrDestruction wrote:

I don't think the ranking system should be made to allow everyone to be equal.  The people who put more time into the game and play more SHOULD get the higher ranks.

Either way, I could care less.  I've pretty much got the unlocks I want and I will be getting the last two in 500 pts (if I ever bother to boot it up again).
They're adding two more unlocks. So if you're referring to the "last two" at 50,000 points, you'll have two more after that.
Cyberwolf
Banned
+14|6693

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

DrDestruction wrote:

They're adding two more unlocks. So if you're referring to the "last two" at 50,000 points, you'll have two more after that.
I highly doubt the new unlocks will be tied to a rank. As long as you've already unlocked a weapon for that class, you should be eligible for upcoming as well. Just like in Special Forces.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

Cyberwolf wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

DrDestruction wrote:

I highly doubt the new unlocks will be tied to a rank. As long as you've already unlocked a weapon for that class, you should be eligible for upcoming as well. Just like in Special Forces.
You're not understanding me. You get your last two unlocks at 50,000 points. but now that they're adding two more unlocks, you won't have all the unlocks until 200,000 points(unless they drop the points/add something in between)

On the subject of ranks between Sergeant Major and 2nd Lieutenant... What are you guys expecting them to put in between? Warrant Officer ranks? I doubt it.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra

LockerFish wrote:

ok well I just have heard alot about them evening the space between 2nd leutenant and the one below it or whatever, you know?

8,000-20,000=16,000 point difference.
  20,000-50,000=30,000 point difference. \
                                                              }These two
50,000-200,000=150,000 point difference./
ummmm 20 - 8 = 12
dan500
+57|6848
I hope they put ranks in between 2nd leutenant and SM like at 100,000 125,000 150,000 175,000 200,000 etc etc
Buffnuggles
+11|6733|The Hague, Netherlands
They could bring up the ranks of Warrant Officer and Chief Warrant Officer between 200k points.

It could be like this:

20k First Sergeant/Gunnery Sergeant
50k Sergeant Major/Master Gunnery Sergeant
100k Warrant Officer
150k Chief Warrant Officer
200k 2nd Lieutenant
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I reckon I'm okay. By the time the expansions come out I should be well on my way to getting promoted. I'm definatly getting the Sniper unlock, and hopefully will be able to get the P90 without unlocking the DAO-12. I just don't like it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
dao rules.
best unlock other than g36e
Daxmann
+0|6711|Denmark

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

They aren't lowering the rank requirements. They're adding ranks all the way up to the General ranks. If they lowered the requirements, that means people would get General sooner and then they'd be stuck because they can't add anymore ranks.
Do you have prove ?

Do you have a link that sayes that there not lower the rank ?

I haven't read any places that they won’t lower the rank, but i haven't either read that they will lower the rank.

Just want to now where you know it from ?? 
Cyberwolf
Banned
+14|6693

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Cyberwolf wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

You're not understanding me. You get your last two unlocks at 50,000 points. but now that they're adding two more unlocks, you won't have all the unlocks until 200,000 points(unless they drop the points/add something in between)

On the subject of ranks between Sergeant Major and 2nd Lieutenant... What are you guys expecting them to put in between? Warrant Officer ranks? I doubt it.
I do understand you. Your plain wrong. When SF expansion was released, a whole new set of unlocks for every kit was issued, minus AT and sniper kit. People complained, EA listened. The new unlocks will be just like the SF expansion unlocks, available as long as you've unlocked the "first" unlock for that particular kit. So if your sitting at 50,000 and above, the two new unlocks will be available immediately. Assuming new ranks = different unlock structure is plain wrong. New ranks serve only to show whom has surpassed a predetermined point category (lets say 100,000 for example)
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

Buffnuggles wrote:

They could bring up the ranks of Warrant Officer and Chief Warrant Officer between 200k points.

It could be like this:

20k First Sergeant/Gunnery Sergeant
50k Sergeant Major/Master Gunnery Sergeant
100k Warrant Officer
150k Chief Warrant Officer
200k 2nd Lieutenant
The whole point is to have a bigger leap each time you rank up.

PVT to PFC 0 - 150 = 150 points

PFC to Lance Cpl. 150 - 500 = 350 points

Lance Cpl. to Cpl. 500 - 800 = 300 points(that one is kinda weird)

Cpl. to Sgt. 800 - 2500 = 1700 points

Sgt. to Staff Sgt. 2500 - 5000 =  2500 points

Staff Sgt. to Gunnery Sgt. 5000 - 8000 = 3000 points

Gunnery Sgt. to 1st Sgt. 8000 - 20000 = 12000 points

1st Sgt. to  Sgt. Maj. 20000 - 50000 = 30000 points

Sgt. Maj. to 2nd Lt. 50000 - 200000 = 150000 points.

Say they put a Warrant officer rank in(they could fit one in) at 100,000 points... that could work. Needing 50k which would be a nice little hop from the last rank needing 30k. and then from Warrant Officer to 2nd Lt. would be 100k. But, If they couldn't fit more than one Warrant Officer rank in, everyone would whine about "there's so many other warrant officer ranks! blah blah blah!"
Plus, the only reason they did what they did before(lowering requirments) is because people weren't gaining them as fast as they wanted... People are gaining the 2nd Lt. rank perfectly fine. Sure they play a lot more than you and can get it faster.. WAH. They put more time in, so they deserve a better rank.

If they did anything, I say make Sgt. Maj of The Corps the rank between Sgt. Maj. and 2nd Lt.   The SMOTC seems like a waste in it's current state... I don't even think they're giving it out on a regular basis. I've only seen one guy with it. Maybe the 4 star general rank could be the new SMOTC(meaning give it out to the best player for the last month)
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6710|Gütersloh, Germany
Sergeant Major of the Corps is given out on a monthly basis but as soon as he hits the 200,000, he gets promoted to 2nd Lt
The last SMotC in January was VISSTICK[HCP] but he got promoted to 2nd Lt in no time after he has been promoted to SMotC

Unlock topic:
Why do you think you get the two new unlocks for 2nd Lieutenant promotion?
Ever run with the idea that you get the two unlocks for Lance Corporal and Corporal? With SF you get 2 unlocks for every promotion to an "unlock rank" once you are Sergeant. Lance Corporal and Corporal are the only "unlock ranks" you only get one unlock for.

bf2s.com says, I'll make 2nd Lt in 666 days when I keep playing 2.6 hours per day and score 1.64 points per minute. That's SOOOO unreachable. 2.6 hours per day is pretty much I think, so the average player will never reach 2nd Lt.
MIDFIELDGENERAL
+0|6667

Ali wrote:

bf2s.com says, I'll make 2nd Lt in 666 days
The sign of the devil
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

Ali wrote:

bf2s.com says, I'll make 2nd Lt in 666 days when I keep playing 2.6 hours per day and score 1.64 points per minute. That's SOOOO unreachable. 2.6 hours per day is pretty much I think, so the average player will never reach 2nd Lt.
Everyone will reach it eventually.. if they continue playing.
mpec82
+-1|6722
the top20 guys have more or less the same score, if they keep in this way we'll have a lot of officers, i think dice/ea should make more ranks available for only on or more persons at time son we can have for example:

lets say 1-2 generals, 10 colonel and so on

It would be more realistic
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

mpec82 wrote:

the top20 guys have more or less the same score, if they keep in this way we'll have a lot of officers, i think dice/ea should make more ranks available for only on or more persons at time son we can have for example:

lets say 1-2 generals, 10 colonel and so on

It would be more realistic
And how do you expect them to Decide who gets what rank? There really is no way to do that on an online game.
That's like saying on an MMORPG only one person can be lvl99 at a time.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6793|Jupiter

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

No, I think seriously that they will add some new ranks below 200,000 points, otherwise its just going to be unreachable for all but the Mega players who play the game continously while recieving an IV of RedBull.
LMFAO!, i played for 750 hours now =P, thats only one account.
1sfg-ronln
+25|6794
this crap happens all the time... right before i get to my next rank, they just give em away...  i was just about to make the rank after gunny ( with the old scoring system), then the patch was released and everyone and their brother was now that rank , and i was all of a sudden sgt. major.... now im only abotu 50k out from 2nd LT, and if i all of a sudden become a friggin colonel, ill be heated

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard