ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
They have tested two years above their grade levels, she said.
Maybe the judge is upset because the home schoolers reveal the public school system for what it is; a cesspool of drop-outs and non-english speakers.
Many high schools have a 50% drop-out rate and I know it is non-P.C. to say it, but it is because illegal aliens parents who can't speak English can't rightly help their kids with their homework, now can they? Also, the dumbasses place more value on work than they do on education. They didn't get the memo about most blue-collar jobs being outsourced and without an education you are fucked...

Just like the federal government is bathing in abject failure about our immigration policy, judges want your children down in the gutter the the flotsam when it comes to education.

Whythefuckwouldtheywantthat?

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4727161/
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

article wrote:

Her lessons also have a religious slant, which the judge said was the root of the problem.

"My teaching is strictly out of the Bible, and it's very clear. It is very evident so I just choose to follow the Bible,” Venessa Mills said.
There is your problem. Home schooling wouldn't be such a problem if they didn't take a religious slant.
ATG
Banned
Who they fuck is to say religion is a bad thing when the kids are testing two grades  above normal?

I wish the judge would get a fistula.
ATG
Banned
I guess I am sort of biased.
He was my second cousin.

R.I.P.  over home schooling.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

ATG wrote:

Who they fuck is to say religion is a bad thing when the kids are testing two grades  above normal?

They aren't teaching them correct science. Science is important.

Aside from that school is 50% book work and 50% learning people skills. If I really trusted my children and trusted my own ability as a parent I wouldn't worry about my children dropping out or becoming druggies.
ATG
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

ATG wrote:

They aren't teaching them correct science.
And what makes you say that?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701

ATG wrote:

Of the anal persuasion?

While home schooling may make for better grades it often leaves people socially awkward and lame. I feel as though a public education teaches a certain finesse not easily attained else where in early education. As for the legal side of things, my opinion is as follows: All children must be schooled along a particular, standard curriculum. How the children go about attaining said education and passing state exams to prove this education is up to the parents (Public school, Private School, Home School, etc.).
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

ATG wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

ATG wrote:

Teaching children creationism over evolution.
Teaching children that dead things could come back to life if God wills it.
Teaching kids that the Earth is only 7000 years old.
Teaching kids that magic exist.
Extreme is it not?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701

Macbeth wrote:

ATG wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Extreme is it not?
That is something that is or is not taught to a child by the parents whether or not they are home schooled. I know plenty of public school folk who are strict Bible believers.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6583|London
I basically homeschooled myself for my a-levels, and did fine.

I think you can definitely pick up an academic edge from home schooling, but you'll also pick up social retardation. Guess it depends on the individual kids whether or not home schooling gives a net benefit.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

Home schooling is for retards.

Flame on!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

Superior Mind wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

ATG wrote:

Extreme is it not?
That is something that is or is not taught to a child by the parents whether or not they are home schooled. I know plenty of public school folk who are strict Bible believers.
But they are denying the child the ability to learn about evolution and make up their own mind to it. They come out and say "Evolution evil communist conspiracy!" Instead of "Evolution possibility explains the origins of everyone. Here is what it is about..."
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6192|Ireland

Macbeth wrote:

ATG wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Extreme is it not?
So the kid wouldn't be taught that at home anyway?

this is a stupid fucking arguement, I got my kids believing in santa claus.  does this mean I need to have my kids taken from me or I am not able to homeschool?

It is none of the governments fucking bussiness what I teach my kids and the day it is will be the day I put holes in a Judge's head as my new hobbie.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina
I would agree that, if a home-schooled child is testing better than most public schoolers, there's no problem.

As for why this has happened...  It's Raleigh.

Raleigh is pretty liberal for a N.C. city.
Turquoise
O Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Extreme is it not?
But they are denying the child the ability to learn about evolution and make up their own mind to it. They come out and say "Evolution evil communist conspiracy!" Instead of "Evolution possibility explains the origins of everyone. Here is what it is about..."
I understand where you're coming from, but...  For better or worse, as a parent, you have the right to teach your kids whatever you see fit as long as you're not breaking any laws.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

ATG wrote:

Extreme is it not?

this is a stupid fucking arguement, I got my kids believing in santa claus.  does this mean I need to have my kids taken from me or I am not able to homeschool?

It is none of the governments fucking bussiness what I teach my kids and the day it is will be the day I put holes in a Judge's head as my new hobbie.
Really teaching silly things to you children and not preparing them for their future could be seen as child abuse. In a way.

But the world has changed and moved on. Science is now more important then Church doctrine. So if you want your children to learn and be able to improve their lives teach them science not Bible.

In regards to the government they could maybe want a standard in their citizens and not religious zealots.
Turquoise
O Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Really teaching silly things to you children and not preparing them for their future could be seen as child abuse. In a way.

But the world has changed and moved on. Science is now more important then Church doctrine. So if you want your children to learn and be able to improve their lives teach them science not Bible.

In regards to the government they could maybe want a standard in their citizens and not religious zealots.
The law doesn't interpret it as child abuse though.  Logically, you do have a case for that, but unless a precedent is set for that, it can't be applied.
ATG
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Extreme is it not?

tooth fairy?
Santa Clause?
Easter Bunny.

Spit, go get me my gun, this is gonna get ugly.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6557|San Diego, CA, USA
My lab partner from college was home-schooled...when we were in our Mathematics Statistics class he actually knew Latin and could translate the symbols and acronyms we used.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
warman's home schooled...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5551|Toronto

FatherTed wrote:

Is Warman socially awkward?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6557|San Diego, CA, USA

Pochsy wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

That's what some experts say that if you home-school your kids they don't develop socially.  My lab partner was a little socially awkward, but he's married with kids now and I'm terminally single, so what that say?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5551|Toronto

Harmor wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

That's what some experts say that if you home-school your kids they don't develop socially.  My lab partner was a little socially awkward, but he's married with kids now and I'm terminally single, so what that say?
Says he was a the better of the two of you in the lab and got rich (or at least well off) and found himself a wife who likes to be financially secure.

Your right though, I have heard they come out less socially inclined than kids who deal with playground politics all their life. Lot of valuable lessons in it. I'd estimate Macbeth had it about right in the distribution of educational value in public schools.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Turquoise
O Canada

Pochsy wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

That would be kind of hard to determine through the internet.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5551|Toronto

Turquoise wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

That would be kind of hard to determine through the internet.
I thought Ted knew him outside of Bf2s?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard