mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6308|South Jersey
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090313/u … 9188495600

I think it'd be great. It would be a nice trial, to see if it really works. Free up much more prison space, save over a billion dollars from taking care of non violent pot offenders. And the best part, it would weed out all the retards who can't stay sober for work. You wouldnt have to hire people who cant handle life and moderation, as theyd be stoned for the interview, and the gov makes a shitload of money off a (mostly) harmless natural plant. Also, our outrageous pharmaceutical companies would take a large hit, thered be no more need for the buttloads of crappy drugs they ram out of their factories. good riddance to them id say. How could this be a bad thing?

To people saying it wouldnt work becuz the govt cant tax it all, make it illegal to possess without a proper receipt or something, so over time, people just give up buying from street dealers and buy from CVS, walgreens, whatever.

Last edited by mcjagdflieger (2009-03-13 11:33:03)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Hell yes.
There is no reason for tobacco to be legal and many reasons for pot to be.
Shoot, if the tobacco users started smoking low grade hemp instead of tobacco you could say goodbye to millions of lung cancer deaths.

As it is now millions of hippies enjoy a tax free cash income growing pot hydroponically, they are the only ones that will suffer if it legalized.

It is a no-brainer. Uncounted billions have been funneled to to the eternal shithole that is mexico.

We need that money here.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

It's been talked about for a while now.  This stuck out to me:
Pot is, after all, California's biggest cash crop, responsible for $14 billion in annual sales, dwarfing the state's second largest agricultural commodity - milk and cream - which brings in $7.3 billion annually, according to the most recent USDA statistics.
I think it is interesting that after all the debate about the legalization of pot in CA it might come down to the fact that the state government is broke and needs the dough from taxation.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland
Kalifornia definitely needs to legalize pot.  Lord knows Kalifornians have implemented every other harmful retarded idea to destroy the state and this would be a perfect headliner for the state's obituary.

Here lies Kalifornia, suffered slow death by liberalism until finally being bludgeoned by legalized Marijuana.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Kalifornia definitely needs to legalize pot.  Lord knows Kalifornians have implemented every other harmful retarded idea to destroy the state and this would be a perfect headliner for the state's obituary.

Here lies Kalifornia, suffered slow death by liberalism until finally being bludgeoned by legalized Marijuana.
k
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
Incidentally I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Shiz.. it's going to cost you four times as much to get your fix..lol.

1:45 into this clip..
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index … on-winners
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
Who is that guy?
zeidmaan
+234|6413|Vienna

can you really go to jail or get in trouble for smoking weed?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

CameronPoe wrote:

Work related? Will you be partaking in the inhaling of green shrubbery?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Actually leisure. With the gf. No Banana bar but we will check out a live sex show and maybe nibble a space cake.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

No schmokeinapancake?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

CameronPoe wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Actually leisure. With the gf. No Banana bar but we will check out a live sex show and maybe nibble a space cake.
Been before? I'm told live sex shows are a bit of a waste of money, but I guess it's an interesting experience. Space cakes are incredible though.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Been before? I'm told live sex shows are a bit of a waste of money, but I guess it's an interesting experience. Space cakes are incredible though.
Only been through Schipol. My philosophy is 'When in Rome...'. You lived there didn't you?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

I'm on the fence on this one. It'd be nice to be completely safe from the law when hitting the jah, but if it's gonna be taxed to hell and quality will go down, it'll be ridiculous. But on the other hand, I plan on eventually attempting to grow my own personal supply anyway.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

CameronPoe wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Only been through Schipol. My philosophy is 'When in Rome...'. You lived there didn't you?
Still do when I'm not at uni. Great city to go out in though. Lots of great bars around the Red Light area, I've just never bothered to spend the cash on the sex shows. Thinking about it it's something I should probably see before I move out for good.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
I've never been ashamed or secretive about being a pot smoker. I don't advertise it, or hide it.

My wifes been getting all churchy and shit.

But we still smoke everyday.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

CameronPoe wrote:

Who is that guy?
Lewis Black is pretty funny.  He's been around for a while.  He's kind of like Andy Rooney on caffeine.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Mmm. Honestly don't see why it was made illegal across the western world in the first place.

Would need similar restrictions on it such as what alcohol as though. No driving cars stoned.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679

mtb0minime wrote:

I'm on the fence on this one. It'd be nice to be completely safe from the law when hitting the jah, but if it's gonna be taxed to hell and quality will go down, it'll be ridiculous. But on the other hand, I plan on eventually attempting to grow my own personal supply anyway.
what makes you think quality will go down? if anything, it will get better
Flecco
iPod is broken.

phishman420 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Think the cigarette brands will branch out and cultivate their own varieties? If I were in charge at Marlborough I'd be looking at this with interest....
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679

Flecco wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Think the cigarette brands will branch out and cultivate their own varieties? If I were in charge at Marlborough I'd be looking at this with interest....
maybe if it was nationwide. probably not just for cali
Flecco
iPod is broken.

phishman420 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

maybe if it was nationwide. probably not just for cali
14 billion isn't a small market...
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5609|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

zeidmaan wrote:

can you really go to jail or get in trouble for smoking weed?
Yes, I think you only get basically a slap on the wrist the first time, though.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6704
Universal health care and the legalization of marijuana at the same time? 

FAIL

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard