REDEYE79
+2|5714
Trying to figure why after a Intel E7500 core 2 duo 2.93 ghz cpu , ASUS p5q se plus moboard , 2gb of memory , windows xp 32 bit , and a temporary video card ( my new 512mb / 256 bit powercolor would not install )  ,,,,,,   WHEN I try to run BF2 I get a freeze up or it boots me back to the start up on my computer .  I can run / play battlefield vietnam , 1942 but not BF2 ?    My windows xp wont work with 4 gb of memory since its only a 32 bit system .  I am awaiting a replacement 512 / 256 bit video card .
  Whats even more scary is my friend ordered parts ( not exactly the same ) from the same place and has simular problems rebuilding his cpu case . He is no nube either at rebuilding .
  Would appreciate any usefull opinions .

Last edited by REDEYE79 (2009-03-07 23:24:47)

$tayGold
Be Eazy!
+10|5685|USA
Did you try reinstalling bf2 or updating pb? I had the same problem with bf2 booting me back to desktop when its loading up or freezing. I don't know much about computers though, just tryin to help out
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|6057|CA
Update PB, reinstall the entire game if problems persist.  Make sure all your components have the latest drivers, as well.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6700
Sounds like an unstable computer.  What do you mean by boots me back to startup?  You have to reboot or the computer shuts off and reboots?

Last edited by Scratch[USA] (2009-03-08 13:16:49)

REDEYE79
+2|5714
Today we went through all the files and wiped out all bf2 files and reloaded the 3 set disk and the same garbage again

scratch thats just what it does , when i click on bf2 to play i see the ea games bf2 page and when it should go there to play it shuts ,,click ,,down my computer and restarts back at my desktop page as if i just started up my computer .   I havent updated pb but its next on my list .  ALL the drivers have been freshly installed and the latest greatest have been installed ,,made sure of those .
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6869
what graphic card are you using?  Did you reformat your XP when you added the new parts?
Is your video card set to stock speeds and no AA?
Love is the answer
REDEYE79
+2|5714
CATBOX i am useing a nvidea ge force 7600 gt , 256mbyte video card running on its own and yes my windows xp version was removed and re installed ... I dont know what AA means

and i just did the pb install to update my battlefield games and that didnt help either

Last edited by REDEYE79 (2009-03-08 23:31:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard