Defres
+0|6658
Best Sniper possibly in the history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä "During the Winter War (1939 – 1940) between Finland and the Soviet Union, he began his duty as a sniper against the Red Army. Working in temperatures between -20° to -40° Celsius, and dressed completely in a white camouflage suit, Häyhä killed at least 505 (unofficial figure is 542) Red Army soldiers by sniping them one by one." and besides the sniper kills he also did over two hundred kills with a submachine gun

"He preferred to use iron sights rather than telescopic sights to present a smaller target (the sniper must raise their head higher when using telescopic sights) and aid concealment (sun reflecting off telescopic sight lenses can reveal a sniper's position)."
Pattersson
+0|6658

Nehil wrote:

Is he the best sniper of all times?
The best sniper of all time is finnish Simo Häyhä. He killed 542 russian soldiers during winter war with just the ironsights of his rifle. He even refused of using a scoped rifle stolen from the enemy. If you don't believe me, check out http://www.snipercentral.com/snipers.htm

EDIT: Oh, I didn't notice someone else posted about the same subject

Last edited by Pattersson (2006-01-31 10:45:50)

whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6755|MA, USA

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

The SAS educated Saddam Husseins personal lifeguards during the '80s, and therefore made them some of the best special forces in the world. Im sure that some of these men are fighting the coalition today, and perhaps this "Juba" is one of them..  Who knows?
Whoa!  Hold on there chief.  Just because they were trained by some of the best forces in the world, doesn't mean they were trained to the same level as the forces who were doing the training!

US Special forces have trained foreign troops all over the world (that is actually their speciality - they are a force multiplier) - but that doesn't make those troops as good as SF.

I was personally involved with training Iraqis while I was over there and I wouldn't give them a snowball's chance in hell against a US unit.

I HIGHLY doubt there are any Iraqis out there who are trained to anywhere near the caliber of the SAS, regardless of who did the training.
Kocrachon
+0|6658
Before I make this statement. I am not anti-liberal, I am not democratic nor republican...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,1 … 24,00.html

That seems like liberal-anti war antics. I will not trust an interview of US troops on a UK website honestly. I read a few other of the war posts and this website is trying to make the war seem alot worst than it really is (which is prety bad cause the war isn't that great) Funny thing is, a Year in Iraq and back only recently and I have never heard of this guy. Yes, there are snipers in iraq but no famouse ones. As stated previously. If these guy is real how come there isn't more talk of it in the arabic area. Not once have we heard from any of the Iraqi's, about any famouse sniper. I was in an infantry unit with snipers and never at any one time have any of them had a problem with a so called Juba sniper.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6838|Cologne, Germany

well, even if you put forward that the story is made up, the video images seem real enough.
Kocrachon
+0|6658
It also seems like a bunch of you out there want him to exist, sounding so convinced that he is real...
Kocrachon
+0|6658

B.Schuss wrote:

well, even if you put forward that the story is made up, the video images seem real enough.
The video is real, but its not one guy, its many. Like I said the Videos all come from the town of Fallujah where 90% of the insurgents had cameras because they wanted to post every kill they had on video ont he net. All they did was stick multiple videos of diffrent snipers and say its one.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834
Seems like a Serial killer He's probly not Even arab, its not like he is acomplishing anything. They have already held Three Elections. The USA has already achieved 100% of its goals to Free Iraq and establish democracy, The longer this pussy shit* goes on  The longer the US forces will stay there and the more likely Jerker's Wife, Girl friend,  little sister will return to the USA as a War bride of an American soldier. Once they get a big dick they never want to go back. Once their in the USA its hard to get excited about Goat turd Stew.

*( I mean even the Mafia can sneek up and murder 1 guy )
Kocrachon
+0|6658
Well, we accomplished about 80% of our goals. Now we need to bring peace to Iraq... Which is gonna take a while because of all the insurgents who keep coming in from other nations just so they can fight america.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6691|San Francisco
He's the Vassily Zaitsev of Iraq.  That was a stunning video...tremendously sad for both sides of the war, though interesting to see propoganda from the other side.  We lose soldiers, and the Insurgents have to fight back this way.  They have street-clothes and guns, and an inalienable loyalty to their cause.  We have the biggest military force in the world occupying the country for unjust causes.  What did you think would happen?  Expecting them to just give up/surrender just shows that nobody really researched the "enemy" well enough before the conflict.  I'm just glad someone had the cojones to post the video...
Kocrachon
+0|6658
Ok, this war is not "Unjust" while it was a bunch of lies for us to go to war I honestly feel that Saddam did need to be removed, all though I think Bush should have said "I am going to remove saddam... cause he is evil" I would have backed the war from the start.

And he is NOTHING near Vasili. For one, Vasili isn't a fictional character, while he was exloited for propoganda though. Vasili had more confirmed kills in a short amount of time and had 1000 times the accuracy this guy has. This guy may hit his targets but does little in terms of damage. he doesn't exist, the video is of more than one person. Just watch his sniping habbits...
Kocrachon
+0|6658
Oh, and i wish bush would have planned the war out a little bit better, it started off sloppy and is still going sloppy.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6769|Atlanta, GA USA

FeloniousMonk wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock

though his record for the longest kill was broken by a Canadian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arron_Perry
I read the book about Hathcock.  He was a total badass.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6691|San Francisco
The sniping habits in several of the videos plus the angle of the camera is quite the same...there was only one shot that seemed to be taken through the actual scope which was moderately different.  As for Vasili, you proved my point.  He was used for propoganda, and it doesn't matter if Juba is one guy or one hundred snipers...they are still wounding soldiers which causes a flurry of action from the rest of the squad.  As was pointed out above, it's not really as much about killing, as it's a tactic used to drop the morale of the enemy and make it clear that they aren't safe.

The war is Unjust because there was no hard fact or evidence to back it up.  You can't just go into a country and remove someone from power because you personally don't like him.  That's the work of a Hegemon, not a president of the country.  If Saddam had outwardly threatened the US, then sure, I'd have backed military action.  But Bush just glossed over bin Laden and started melding the terms 9/11, Iraq, Saddam, bin Laden, WMDs, and terrorism together to make it feel like it was all Iraq's fault and they were a clear and present danger.  Kind of sickening that so many people support a war based on nothing but lies.

"Removing Saddam...because he is evil," is automatically a HUGE fault.  It delineates that We are good and He is evil, and that is purely a subjective and moral-based OPINION.  "He is a threat [instead of evil] because of points A, B, and C, which have been proven here, here, and here" is what should've happened.  You need proof, not assumptions for something that puts both the lives of our soldiers and the lives of their people on the line.  Don't be so callous and apologetic for not understanding that.
Nehil
+3|6729|South Sweden (NOT SWITZERLAND)
After reading some serious posts, I think that some of you are right, he misses a lot of shots and the clips are probably not from the same guy/guys. Just put together as propaganda.

Still some of you want to find the best sniper in all history... and you make it to a sort of competition. You know they acutally kill people to, even if they are from the USA, Russia or Finland. Don't make something glorious out of killing, becuse when someone kills outside the army they should get the death penalty? You still kill in the army, I believe that killing someone is never justified, no matter what you work as.

A murder is a murder.
Kocrachon
+0|6658
Im saying if bush would have said he was going to remove saddam because he was evil I would have backed him up more. Plus Saddam tortured his own people and mass murdered them. Im sorry, but if that isn't evil then I don't know what is. And Im not saying america is all good and holy, but the fact that he was killing a specific group of people was bad enough too.
Kocrachon
+0|6658
Mass graves in Iraq are characterized as unmarked sites containing at least six bodies. Some can be identified by mounds of earth piled above the ground or as deep pits that appear to have been filled. Some older graves are more difficult to identify, having been covered by vegetation and debris over time. Sites have been discovered in all regions of the country and contain members of every major religious and ethnic group in Iraq as well as foreign nationals, including Kuwaitis and Saudis. Over 250 sites have been reported, of which approximately 40 have been confirmed to date. Over one million Iraqis are believed to be missing in Iraq as a result of executions, wars and defections, of whom hundreds of thousands are thought to be in mass graves.

Examination of mass grave sites by the coalition team and local Iraqis. CPA photo.

Most of the graves discovered to date correspond to one of five major atrocities perpetrated by the regime.

The 1983 attack against Kurdish citizens belonging to the Barzani tribe, 8,000 of whom were rounded up by the regime in northern Iraq and executed in deserts at great distances from their homes.
The 1988 Anfal campaign, during which as many as 182,000 people disappeared. Most of the men were separated from their families and were executed in deserts in the west and southwest of Iraq. The remains of some of their wives and children have also been found in mass graves.
Chemical attacks against Kurdish villages from 1986 to 1988, including the Halabja attack, when the Iraqi Air Force dropped sarin, VX and tabun chemical agents on the civilian population, killing 5,000 people immediately and causing long-term medical problems, related deaths, and birth defects among the progeny of thousands more.
The 1991 massacre of Iraqi Shi’a Muslims after the Shi’a uprising at the end of the Gulf war, in which tens of thousands of soldiers and civilians in such regions as Basra and Al-Hillah were killed.
The 1991 Kurdish massacre, which targeted civilians and soldiers who fought for autonomy in northern Iraq after the Gulf war.
Opponents and critics of the regime from all religious and ethnic groups were also executed and buried in mass graves. Many of these are believed to be located at or near prisons and former military establishments.

These crimes have acquired a measure of notoriety and salience. Thousands of other Iraqis, including Marsh Arabs, Shi’a Muslims in the 1970s and 1980s, and students involved in uprisings in Najaf in 1999 may also be lying in mass graves in Iraq.
Kocrachon
+0|6658
So your saying him salughtering millions of people isn't evil? So your saying we shouldn't stop a country from genocide? Hmm, so then that means that guy from WWII who tried to genocide wasn't evil either? Man time to throw out the history books.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6755|MA, USA

Marconius wrote:

... it doesn't matter if Juba is one guy or one hundred snipers...they are still wounding soldiers which causes a flurry of action from the rest of the squad.
Actually, it makes all the difference in the world.  1 Uber-sniper whacking troops with one shot one kill - that's a morale killer.

Several shitty snipers all over Iraq taking potshots at troops, some hitting, more not...shit dude, that's just another day in Iraq!
Kocrachon
+0|6658
Whittsend that is probably the best argument, because that is 100% true.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834
The Russian Fins and other soldiers were Real fighters in a Real War, this smelly cock rat already Lost his WAR no he takes a pot shot and the rest of the time he pretends he's an average joe and hides under the Law and Protections. the very thing he claims he doesn't want. Thats why i say if its really one man this " jurkoff " or what ever, hes probebly a serial killer who found a neat little place to practice his craft.
And he will probebly be dead soon if he isnt already those people dont codle crimanals over there.

And I still say the USA achieved 100% for the middle east Iraq is pretty peacefull. Hell for south central LA its peacefull.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6732

Nehil wrote:

After reading some serious posts, I think that some of you are right, he misses a lot of shots and the clips are probably not from the same guy/guys. Just put together as propaganda.

Still some of you want to find the best sniper in all history... and you make it to a sort of competition. You know they acutally kill people to, even if they are from the USA, Russia or Finland. Don't make something glorious out of killing, becuse when someone kills outside the army they should get the death penalty? You still kill in the army, I believe that killing someone is never justified, no matter what you work as.

A murder is a murder.
When a police sniper shoots a suspect in the head to keep him from drawing a knife across a 14 year old's throat, it's justified. If a man was in the process of raping a member of your family you would stand back and do nothing?
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6691|San Francisco
Good point, whittsend, I can definitely follow that.

Kocrachon, genocide is terrible, so I don't disgree with you there.  Tossing people into mass graves is also terrible.
The point is we aren't the world police.  It's not up to us to tell someone else how to run their country.  Sure it hurts the conscience, but it's just not our responsibility.  The people being affected by it need to do something, or diplomacy to the offender must be entertained before the rest of the World makes a decision that involves the invasion.  If the people being affected need help (as is most often the case) they will call for it.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kocrachon wrote:

So your saying him salughtering millions of people isn't evil? So your saying we shouldn't stop a country from genocide? Hmm, so then that means that guy from WWII who tried to genocide wasn't evil either? Man time to throw out the history books.
Hmmm... for the record, Hitler invaded three countries before England responded. By the time the US of A decided that maybe thier friends in Europe needed help Northern Africa had kicked of and the Riech controlled most of Europe.

So why on Earth didnt America wait for Iraq to invade some other countries? Why not wait until Iraq represents a "clear and present danger to the United States of America"? All he did was threaten your economy with the PetroEuro thingy he had going.

Last edited by Flecco (2006-01-31 13:41:53)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Kocrachon
+0|6658
Actually Flecco we helped the Euros at the early part of the war by supplying them with supplies and weapons. We inderectly helped the war before we actually fought. Plus we had alot of problems at home that needed to be handled before we attacked. Alot of americans also did still fight the war by going to canada. Look at kuwait, we stoped Iraq as soon as possible. Sure part of that may of had to do with oil but we still did some good. Plus just because we didn't stop it right away doesn't mean anything. We didn't attack Saddam instantly either. Look how long it took us. 30 years+. Plus we DID actually find some WMDs. We found Missles and aircraft they werent suppose to have. The only real lie of it all was we have found no Biolagical agents, but they still had the weapons.

Plus america is the world police because we can't keep out of other peoples business. I agree we need to stop because we are becoming #1 enemy of the world. But its not to say no good has come out. But at the same time bad has come out (Bay of pigs anyone?) But also remember we have been asked for help in alot of these situations, we don't always just go cause there is trouble. And alot of hte reason we are in the middle east is not because of the oil. We are trying to help out Kuwait and Isreal because they are our allies and are always under flak...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard