*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6884|Malaga, EspaƱa
https://64.246.44.90/cartoons/Mohammed-drawings-newspaper1.jpg

Now tell me, the muslims are pissed now by some cartoon about their ''Mohammed'' ?
i dont seem to know why they are.

i always wonderd something why can they symbolize our nations as an Insult and we not theirs?

Examples: They burn American, or other westerns countries Flags and stamp with their feet on it.
they have those Speeches about ''Allah Will Strike down the infidels and slaughter them like pigs''
and i bet they have some things that would insult christians.

Now what i missed about the above sentences is that we havent gone outside and demonstrated and demanded an Apology of their misbehavour.

Well, some danish artists for an Newspaper made some silly cartoons about their prophet and they are So pissed off that they going on a Rampage about anything thats danish.
that doesnt seem right to me, i think for every flag they burn as a insult to us they have to shut up their whining mouths about 1 series of cartoons the Danish artists made.

another thing that really borders me out on the street.

1) Origen Name's : ever noticed that when ur out on the streets, someone asks you if u know where Ali Albaba (example) lives, and you say '' Yes, You Mean that Marroc Guy over there?'' there smile turns into a angry look on their face and they Directly start ''DISCRIMINATION!'' well, i dont understand that part.
if a marroc gets that Question about someone like ''Where lives Mr, Van Dijk'' and he answers ''You mean that Dutch Guy over there?'' well, i say thank you and move along, i,m not going to fight over his Origen and that what he just called that mister is DISCRIMINATING, comon Van Dijk is ''Dutch''

i think its the guy who sais the word ''Marroci'' is the problem, if a Turc, Iraqi  guy sais it...they dont seem to have a problem with it. Why? Cause they are Arabs. 

So arabs can call us a Dutch, German, French, Spanish but sometimes we cant do otherwise...if we call them by there Nation Origen sometimes they get pissed off about it, and i think that's an insult to us. he can call me dutch, but i cant call him a Marroci/iraqi person?

2) Religion : I,m not going to say all Muslims are Bad. It are that group of Extremists that take the Arabic Religion tottaly wrong. they say we may not insult their religion (Clothes, Language, Festivals etc etc)
but they are allowed to say ''Allah Will Slaughter the Infidels as Pigs'' i think that's insulting to us. they treat us as Infidels no matter what we believe in , we are INFIDELS! . thats insulting...and when a Priests or Expert in Religions is talking about ''That Terrorists are using the figure ALLAH to justify their actions in western countries or against western people'' and they say we are an insult on to their religion? i think thats complete bullshit!.

i think thats enought typing so let the Debate begin!

Greetz ToRRo

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-01-31 08:52:21)

dirtyepics
+19|6872|England
Never thought about it like that. So according to these guys because I'm not Muslim I'm an infidel.

Weird but I don't think I'm going to find it very hard to pick holes in their argument.

But, then we're also asking them to behave as you would in a civilised society and from what I can tell in a civilised society you don't stone a woman to death for being unfaithful to her husband.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6834|San Francisco
The extremists have deep convictions and stay true to their faith, rejecting reform to change with the times (human/women's rights, acknowledging the spread of other religions).  They burn effigies and flags and have those speeches to try to get us to react in the same way that they do. 

It's a demonstration of what happens when religion mixes with politics, plus when a religion doesn't become as diluted and sectarian as christianity.
Zukabazuka
+23|6825
Well the problem is in their religion they are not allowed to draw the face of Mohammed and they think its applied all over the world. Even we swedish people are now on their list to =/ we didn't do anything.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6898|MA, USA
If I understand their religion correctly (and I might not), They are allowed and encouraged to participate in the active destruction of non-believers.  You, as an infidel, are therefore not accorded any rights or respect.  This explains the apparent hypocrisy: They genuinely believe that they should be accorded better treatment than infidels.

It is also my understanding that Islam regards the state and religion as one.  If the state does not follow Sharia, it is either because the state is run by infidels, or because it is run by apostates.  Either way, for a believer to live in such a state without struggling for change is tantamount to apostasy itself.  You, therefore, may freely tell any Muslims you encounter demonstrating in Denmark that they are apostates for moving there in the first place

Anyone with more in depth knowledge of Islam may feel free to correct my (probably flawed) understanding.  But, please hold the flames!
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6850|Sweden
Stupid muslims. Have they ever heard of freedom of speech? No, of course not. And for some reason they are targeting swedes aswell. They probably don't even know the diffrence between sweden and denmark. Noobs.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6917
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6917
"A dozen Palestinian gunmen surrounded European Union offices in the Gaza Strip demanding an apology for the cartoons, one of which shows Islam's founder wearing a bomb-shaped turban."

Would an assault rifle have been more accurate?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060202/ts_ … MlJVRPUCUl
vesty12
+0|6804|Copenhagen
Tis called freedom of speech! In denmark we have it. We can say what we want when we want. ITs a good thing! Now a few silly drawings are made and they start getting so mad i mean come on guys its caricature! So basically they should chill and just get over themselves
Not Entirely Sane
+6|6801|Just Outside Seattle
If this causes them to protest then I think they must have WAY too much time on their hands!!
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6823|Stillwater, Ok
Lol now the only thing that would put them in complete rage is if the Dutch drew a picture of Muhammed kissing Jesus's ass.  I think that might actually cause a 3rd world war.  People are too anal now a days.  I mean damn we can get made fun of all day long but we dont cry and threaten to kill people.
Souls
+14|6803|Garden City, KS. USA
Muslims in these protests need a little thicker skin. I mean come on!!!  Its ok to insult the west , Jews or Christains because they are infidels but but not ok to have a cartoon that says anything satirical about Islam.  These people got their prioritiies a little scewed up.  They are probably the same people who think Osama is a hero and and all the terrorists are martyrs.
WolfSheep
+0|6799|Germany
The palestinians habe kidnapped a german in jordan and he was rescued by the police (I guess they simply released him after realizing that it's completely fucked up to capture a german for a cartoon made by a dane).

Fundamentalism is the plague of these days, no matter if it's jewish/muslim/christian or anything else.
Intolerance breeds hate.

I'm a believer, but I don't go nuts when someone doesn't agree with me or makes fun about my religion as long as it doesn't cross a line. Cartoons without the intention to be disrespectful (or simply a bit provoking) would be no reason for me and my fellow belivers to riot.
Metaltop
+1|6903|The Netherlands
Here in the Netherlands we even have mosques (translation site) for them..
I don't think if we go to their country and we will find churches in the middle of the city.

They have it more than good here so they don't have anything to bitch about.
One cartoon made by a dane and they blame al people from that country and burn their flag and slap it around with their slippers (it looks so stupid).

We "infidels" need to make some new laws against this.
With a nice slogan: "If you want to burn another countries flag, go back!"
ResDog1
+51|6905|Netherlands
Well actually Saddam Husseins second in command was a christian...
They do have churches in Turkey:
http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/koj/chur … ches1.html

Just like we have extreme Christians in places like Staphorst, the Turks have extreme Muslims in their Berber regions....

In it's teachings Islam is just as good as Christianity. It's just the people that use it for bad stuff... Just like Christianity did in the Crusades.

So in general there is nothing wrong with Islam and Muslims, It's just, living in a desert and eating sand all day long does make you go crazy and loose perspective. Als long as the stay in their desert they can do and say all they want. The prioblem with them starting shit over here, is that you cannot tell if a Muslim is good or bad... Perhaps we will even see the concentration camps return if terror comes to europe. Let's just hope that will not be nessicery (sp?), because then we will be on the brink of a new WW.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6823|Stillwater, Ok
Yeah but think about that realistically...for an Islamic cleric to declare a REAL jihad against the west they would be taking on all the superpowers of the world vs......well they arent really well armed to take on all of europe.  However for concentration camps to be made....i would be shocked to see a second round have the first ones.
DuVeL
+2|6809|New Gitland, the Netherlands
If anyone is interested, all the cartoons can be found here:
http://www.geertwilders.nl/index.php?op … ;Itemid=74
WolfSheep
+0|6799|Germany
Imagine the US wouldn't do a thing - the EU is capable of takeing them down if they were trying to start a real jihad against it. But it would leave behind a situation like Iraq. No way to control or calm these people down.
War in Europe would be bloody thing with those crazy russians joining us, as seen in e.G. Chechnya (and they would, I'm sure about it).
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6981|Cologne, Germany

Seriously, as insensitive as those cartoons may have been, burning flags and attacking EU offices won't help their cause much. If they live in western democracies, they'd better respect the right of free speech because that right ( together with the right to have any religion they want ) also guarantees their right to speak out...

those cartoons were perfectly legal under danish law, and if they can't live with that, they should leave and go back to a country which has the scharia adopted. See if you like it better there...

btw, where is xanthpi ? this would be perfect for him...
Speed84
+0|6910|Norge/Norway/Norwegen
Are thise folks activly looking for an exuse to do these things? Do they hate everything and everyone?

Yo, WolfSheep. Send us 50 of those Leo2a6 EX if they come our way. We reacently removed the venreble Leo1a5NO2, so we are a bit short of good MBTs right now.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6981|Cologne, Germany

I am telling you, the Leopard 2A6 is one hell of a MBT
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6978|A Small Isle in the Tropics

B.Schuss wrote:

Seriously, as insensitive as those cartoons may have been, burning flags and attacking EU offices won't help their cause much. If they live in western democracies, they'd better respect the right of free speech because that right ( together with the right to have any religion they want ) also guarantees their right to speak out...

those cartoons were perfectly legal under danish law, and if they can't live with that, they should leave and go back to a country which has the scharia adopted. See if you like it better there...
B.,

My 2 cents worth here..

Religion deals with the sacred. The equivalent of what was done in the Danish cartoons would be like pissing on the statue of the Virgin Mary (I am going to burn in hell for saying this since I am a Catholic), smearing beef on the God Shiva, (no offence to Hindus visiting this forum) etc etc. In other words, what was done was to the minds of the Muslims a sacrilegious act and in some ways blasphemous. It doesnt matter if there is freedom of speech, because things that are sacred needs to remain that way. Right now, I would surmise that most Muslims (especially those who have settled into a country of their choice) feel victimised in the West, and this is, perhaps, a sign of things coming to a boil. Two wrongs don't make one right and so, imho, whoever drew those cartoons ought to have been a little more sensitive to religious practices. Freedom of speech comes with a moral responsibility, and should not in itself be a carte blanche to say as one pleases.

My comment is an opposing one, having been born in a country where Islam is the predominant religion and where church spires are not allowed to be taller than the Mosque minarets or appear grander than the domed wonders. I grew up in an environment where racial tensions are very tenuous (and usually divisive along religious lines) and we learnt to respect the belief systems of other races. Sometimes we don't accept being discriminated against religiously but what is the alternative. The alternative is chaos and civic unrest.

..and yes, the Leopard 2A6 is one of my favorite tanks
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6911|AUS, Canberra

mikeshw wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

B.,

My 2 cents worth here..

Religion deals with the sacred. The equivalent of what was done in the Danish cartoons would be like pissing on the statue of the Virgin Mary (I am going to burn in hell for saying this since I am a Catholic), smearing beef on the God Shiva, (no offence to Hindus visiting this forum) etc etc. In other words, what was done was to the minds of the Muslims a sacrilegious act and in some ways blasphemous. It doesnt matter if there is freedom of speech, because things that are sacred needs to remain that way. Right now, I would surmise that most Muslims (especially those who have settled into a country of their choice) feel victimised in the West, and this is, perhaps, a sign of things coming to a boil. Two wrongs don't make one right and so, imho, whoever drew those cartoons ought to have been a little more sensitive to religious practices. Freedom of speech comes with a moral responsibility, and should not in itself be a carte blanche to say as one pleases.

My comment is an opposing one, having been born in a country where Islam is the predominant religion and where church spires are not allowed to be taller than the Mosque minarets or appear grander than the domed wonders. I grew up in an environment where racial tensions are very tenuous (and usually divisive along religious lines) and we learnt to respect the belief systems of other races. Sometimes we don't accept being discriminated against religiously but what is the alternative. The alternative is chaos and civic unrest.

..and yes, the Leopard 2A6 is one of my favorite tanks
you could  have spiced that up with a few "fuck you your wrong" and "shut up you wanker" comments in there.

please try harder next time!!
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6828
They will never be able to do anything all they can do are these pathetic small little attacks wich do nothing they kill a few people but we keep on going and were not afraid.

Just so stupid these people blowing themselves up for nothing did you hear about the married couple on the news? They were gonna blow each other up lmao true love

There pissed about everything and every one.
Speed84
+0|6910|Norge/Norway/Norwegen
Their reaction is quite over the top. The cost of the freedom of speech, is that one may be offended. You can get your core values attacked and riddiculed. Not to say i condone this in any way. But you can't start restricting freedom of speech due to that one may be offended. There is a very thin line between free speech and active censorship.

Though I disagree with you, I will fight and die for your right to do so. (hope it never again comes to that!)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard