pinkie_slapepd
+8|5569|♥♥
I was trying to change some files for a friend so he could use a cheat in a game but I had to take the file and drop it into a zip file because its archived in with a weird compression. Anyway He has winrar and I went to drop it into the zip but it gets an error so I tried to extract it and I still get an error. I uninstalled winrar and when I went to drop the file in it said "Error: Cannot find the file or no read permissions." I set the whole folder to read & write permissions and it still doesn't work.

He has Windows Vista 64x and thats all I know.

anyone konw a way to fix that problem. Also If anyone knows how to remove the pop ups that ask for permission after everything you click that would be great because he wants them gone to.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6778|d

pinkie_slapepd wrote:

anyone konw a way to fix that problem. Also If anyone knows how to remove the pop ups that ask for permission after everything you click that would be great because he wants them gone to.
I believe your taking about UAC.

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

also vista sucks!

lulz
alexb
<3
+590|5955|Kentucky, USA

mafia996630 wrote:

also vista sucks!
lulz
Sir, I beg to differ.

Re-download the cheat, and also, if you don't mind checking, what file format is it compressed as?
pinkie_slapepd
+8|5569|♥♥
Well I made the cheat. Its a .con HUD for the mod BF2 sandbox. but whenever I try to put it in his Menu_Server.zip it says "Error: Cannot find the file or no read permissions."
alexb
<3
+590|5955|Kentucky, USA

What you're trying to do is add a file into a compressed archive.

"It is also possible to add files, to an existing RAR archive, using drag-and-drop. Select the desired archive in the WinRAR window and press Enter (or double click) on its name. RAR will read the archive and display its contents. You may now add files to the archive by simply dragging them from another program and dropping them to WinRAR." - from WinRAR FAQ.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6778|d

alexbay13 wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

also vista sucks!
lulz
Sir, I beg to differ.
Sir please!
Typh00n
In Flames
+22|6559|42

mafia996630 wrote:

alexbay13 wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

also vista sucks!
lulz
Sir, I beg to differ.
Sir please!
Its better then XP in my opinion after you cleaned out some scrap that shouldnt be there. Aka UAC and maybe Aero.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5803|Catherine Black

Typh00n wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

alexbay13 wrote:

Sir, I beg to differ.
Sir please!
Its better then XP in my opinion after you cleaned out some scrap that shouldnt be there. Aka UAC and maybe Aero.
Aero is fine so long as your PC can handle it.
UAC is a big failure, but at least you can turn it off.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Benzin
+576|6013
UAC is actually NOT a failure. It certainly is annoying and needs work, but think of the security that can provide to your OS when pretty much every virus and malware/spyware out there is designed to attack Windows.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6212|Winland

CapnNismo wrote:

UAC is actually NOT a failure. It certainly is annoying and needs work, but think of the security that can provide to your OS when pretty much every virus and malware/spyware out there is designed to attack Windows.
Programs can turn UAC off if needed

What Windows needs is something like root login on Linux.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard