trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6251|B.C. Canada
....has been disabled on my computer. How to I enable it? I have tried numerous things on google but everything I try, I get the error message saying "Registry Editing has been disabled on your computer" and its pissing me the fuck off.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6560|NYC / Hamburg

[win key] + r --> regedit

doesn't work?

Use an admin account
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6251|B.C. Canada
Ya I am trying to run regedit. And I am the admin account on my PC.   [win key] + r --> regedit. I tried that and nothing happened.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6560|NYC / Hamburg

Then probs it's disabled though the group policy management console
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6345|uk

What operating system are you running?
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6251|B.C. Canada

Titch2349 wrote:

What operating system are you running?
Vista 64
JoshP
Banned
+176|5682|Notts, UK

max wrote:

Then probs it's disabled though the group policy management console
is the only thing i can think of
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6374|the land of bourbon
paste this into a command line:

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

reboot when done... some spyware likes to muck with this setting so it's harder to remove.  fail spyware is fail.

Last edited by steelie34 (2009-03-03 13:40:04)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6251|B.C. Canada

steelie34 wrote:

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

reboot when done... some spyware likes to muck with this setting so it's harder to remove.  fail spyware is fail.
I just tried that and the command prompt comes up for like 1 second then disappears.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5682|Notts, UK
that's what happens

if you want to see if theres any output from it, make a batch file with 2 lines - the one steelie posted followed by pause on a new line, then save it and run it
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6374|the land of bourbon

trex1210 wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

I just tried that and the command prompt comes up for like 1 second then disappears.
have you rebooted and tried to run regedit again?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6383

You could try running the hidden admin.

Ergh, need to find command.

Right, open up command prompt (might need to right click on cmd and select "run as administrator") and type

net user administrator /active:yes
Switch user/log out (probably best to log out), log into the newly shown "administrator" (it's not password protected).

Try running regedit from there.

And to disable the admin account, go back to your normal account and type the following into cmd.
net user administrator /active:no

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-03-03 23:00:10)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard