Xbone Stormsurgezz
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
I'd be kewl with that.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5567|Vacationland
I like it, the missle shield was unneccessary and only caused strife to begin with.  So if they could figure something out I would be all for it.  Anything to stop a nuclear holocaust.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

erm...

what help is he looking for?  for them to stop arming iran?

not going to happen imo.  so, he wants to show them our cards before we go all in.  great.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
Nostradamus predictions... interesting
http://www.voiceofarizona.com/content/p … artid/2275
Love is the answer
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
Seems sensible, and a lot cheaper than another war.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6124|what

Getting the Ruski's on side might make Iran realise they are quickly running out of friends.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Hardly suprising.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

Diplomacy? ... what a waste on Muslims no?

Am thinking Hillary will smuggle in a snuke when she visits Iran for the first time ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Varegg wrote:

sigh...

its a waste because when they go tho their biggest mosque for prayer in iran, there is a big yellow banner haning up that reads "death to israel."

so, you can spit out all the cute little lines you want, but some of us keep our heads out of the sand.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
Putin punts presidents points perhaps predicting pressure for potus.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

ATG wrote:

phail
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

usmarine wrote:

Varegg wrote:

sigh...

its a waste because when they go tho their biggest mosque for prayer in iran, there is a big yellow banner haning up that reads "death to israel."

so, you can spit out all the cute little lines you want, but some of us keep our heads out of the sand.
Rather have my head in the sand than up my own butt like some of you
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command

usmarine wrote:

ATG wrote:

phail
pnot,

Russian President Dmitri Medvedev on Tuesday showed willingness to discuss the US-planned missile defence system opposed by Moscow, but without 'haggling' linking it to Iran.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

ATG wrote:

usmarine wrote:

ATG wrote:

phail
pnot,

Russian President Dmitri Medvedev on Tuesday showed willingness to discuss the US-planned missile defence system opposed by Moscow, but without 'haggling' linking it to Iran.
well why would they discuss iran?  oh wait.  lewl.  obama is fail.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6624|pimelteror.de
Multilateral Diplomacy > Policy of Fear + Arms Race
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
The question is:

Can Russian make more money help supply the United States in Afganistan and when Pakistan blows up, OR with all the nuclear deals (i.e. light-water reactors), with the Iranians. 

Don't the Irans buy alot of weapons from the Russians?

I doubt Russia will concede, they'll grandstand over pretty much anything.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

Interesting in that EU and UN officials tried to persuade the US to engage in diplomatic avenues to address Iran's nuclear aspirations a few years ago but were rebuked by the Bush Administration (possible fostering in-house Iranian support to pursue nuclear weapons - to combat aggressive US rhetoric combined with reluctance of the US to pursue a diplomatic resolution).  I'm guessing that the perceived threat of Iran's nuclear ambitions were an excuse for the already planned expansion of US missile defense shields in Europe.  However, there is a mutual need for the US and Russia to address the destruction of nuclear weapons which both parties have been relatively quiet on in the last few years.  If Obama can also tie in some type of good-faith promise that both countries will further reduce their nuclear stockpiles (making the 'need' for a US-backed Euro missile defense shield less relevant) then it could be a very good thing.  As is the Iranian and US governments need to engage directly to come to an agreeable solution to monitor Iran uranium enrichment while allowing them to pursue nuclear power.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-03-03 18:06:56)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

And Russia's response? Get bent.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Good for them!
Varegg
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Interesting in that EU and UN officials tried to persuade the US to engage in diplomatic avenues to address Iran's nuclear aspirations a few years ago but were rebuked by the Bush Administration (possible fostering in-house Iranian support to pursue nuclear weapons - to combat aggressive US rhetoric combined with reluctance of the US to pursue a diplomatic resolution).  I'm guessing that the perceived threat of Iran's nuclear ambitions were an excuse for the already planned expansion of US missile defense shields in Europe.  However, there is a mutual need for the US and Russia to address the destruction of nuclear weapons which both parties have been relatively quiet on in the last few years.  If Obama can also tie in some type of good-faith promise that both countries will further reduce their nuclear stockpiles (making the 'need' for a US-backed Euro missile defense shield less relevant) then it could be a very good thing.  As is the Iranian and US governments need to engage directly to come to an agreeable solution to monitor Iran uranium enrichment while allowing them to pursue nuclear power.
Jack Straw, the British Foreign minister together with his German counterpart worked hard between 2002 and 2005 to get the US to enter talks with Khatami, Khatami was willing but Bush said no ... they could very well have worked out a solution then concerning the Iranian nuclear program ...

The bonus was also that Iran offered the coalition intelligence from Iraq but Bush said no and rather implemented Iran into the axis of evil ... great diplomacy ... and that genious plan kills American troops today, GG Bush ...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

Good for them!
A fan of diplomacy.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
A fan of diplomacy.
No, a fan of telling the US to get bent and mind their own business about what other countries do.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Varegg wrote:

Jack Straw, the British Foreign minister together with his German counterpart worked hard between 2002 and 2005 to get the US to enter talks with Khatami, Khatami was willing but Bush said no ... they could very well have worked out a solution then concerning the Iranian nuclear program ...
The Iranians gave the US a lot of help over AQ and Afghanistan, they suggested normalising relations and a host of other things.
GWB gave them a big 'fuck you' with his axis of evil speach.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

A fan of diplomacy.
No, a fan of telling the US to get bent and mind their own business about what other countries do.
Every country in the world acts in what they think is there best interest. If you don't believe that you're delusional. At least in this instance the administration is offering compromise.

I'm a fan of listening to other countries complain about shit they can't do anything about.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard