baggs
+732|6196
I heard a bit of his stuff but this was a few years ago and via a guy i used to work with (fuck i never knew someone could own so much music) and he liked Satriani. I know he made music for some films, i think Top Gun being one, mainly axe music guitarist i gather.

I was skimming thru iTunes etc and looking up some old music i remember and Satriani sprung up.

Anyone like him?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
Never heard of him. Give me a few songs to listen to, I always like being exposed to new artists.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
baggs
+732|6196

etc...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
He didn't do the Top Gun music. That was Steve Stevens.

But yes, he's quite beastly. He's a Long Islander as well. Ice 9, Crowd Chant, Surfing With the Alien, The Extremist and Satch Boogie are my favorites.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-03-02 11:08:06)

baggs
+732|6196

Poseidon wrote:

He didn't do the Top Gun music. That was Steve Stevens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTJmXrgsFg

But yes, he's quite beastly. He's a Long Islander as well. Ice 9, Crowd Chant, Surfing With the Alien, The Extremist and Satch Boogie are my favorites.
That hair that outfit

Thanks for clarifying that Pos x
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ
Coldplay much?

*This is the song Coldplay stole their sexy beat from, to be fair though, Coldplay did do it very nice*
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

Satriani is fucking

Always with me, always with you
Flying in a Blue Dream
If I Could Fly

3 of my favorites
OmniDeath
~
+726|6636

Satriani is amazing. Nuff said.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
Always With me, Always With You and Surfing With The Alien... two songs that always impress when you play them to a crowd.

Satch is a fucking legend when it comes to guitar. Don't think much of his vocal-albums, but for all-round guitar virtuosity he is definitely one of the best. When I first picked up guitar I listened to all his stuff religiously, and obsessed over having one of his custom-series Ibanez guitars. Good times
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
Joe Satriani's amazing, one of the greatest guitarists of all time. I definately suggest getting some of his songs. Other than the songs listed above, I'd have to recommend Summer Song
baggs
+732|6196
Yeah i've been absolutely impressed with anything i've heard him play, i've downloaded the odd track here and there. I might invest in some albums over the next few months then.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black

Try to get a non live version, I fucking love it.

EDIT: Got one.

Last edited by Finray (2009-03-03 13:52:41)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5924|CA
Satriani is a technically proficient guitar virtuoso.  His skill with the instrument is quite possibly unrivalled today.  He also happens to be a shitty songwriter and an even worse vocalist.  Try listening an entire album worth of 80's throwback guitar solos and lame rock lite riffs without clawing your ears off to end the suffering.  It's fucking impossible.

In small doses, his music is quite tolerable.  Some on his hooks are quite memorable and a few of his tunes are stellar.  However, taken as a complete package, a Satch album contains more fecal matter than your average port-a-potty at a weight watchers convention.
Lawdy_
ahhhh dangit!
+15|5956|Australia
one of the great guitarists, check out steve vai if you like shred with alot of emotion and feeling, fucking good
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ

GravyDan wrote:

Satriani is a technically proficient guitar virtuoso.  His skill with the instrument is quite possibly unrivalled today.  He also happens to be a shitty songwriter and an even worse vocalist.  Try listening an entire album worth of 80's throwback guitar solos and lame rock lite riffs without clawing your ears off to end the suffering.  It's fucking impossible.

In small doses, his music is quite tolerable.  Some on his hooks are quite memorable and a few of his tunes are stellar.  However, taken as a complete package, a Satch album contains more fecal matter than your average port-a-potty at a weight watchers convention.
Are you a professional critic/dickhead?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard