M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6376|Escea

A few weeks ago and my BF2 worked fine. But today, for some weird and unknown reason, autrorun neither works for vanilla or SF disks and neither game will play, merely opening the BF2 background to play and then telling me to insert BF2's install disc, for which doing so for each does nothing else. It seems the case that my drive suddenly isn't detecting either disk yet will detect my BF1942 disc.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I could do? At this point a full reinstall looks to be my only option but if anyone has any thoughts please let me know.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5834
just reinstall it man
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6376|Escea

phishman420 wrote:

just reinstall it man
I probably will have to. Tommorrow. Just wish I didn't have to and hope that once I have it'll work. Wasn't that long ago that I had to reinstall after it stopped me playing online entirely .
san4
The Mas
+311|6841|NYC, a place to live
It kind of sounds like an issue with the drive or the disks.

Before you reinstall, make a copy of your controls.con if you've added or changed any key bindings. I think a reinstall overwrites it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6376|Escea

Reinstalled, still won't detect. Updated the drivers for my drive and still nothing. Picks up other game disks but neither of the BF2 ones. So my only last option is to buy the games again
Wallpaper
+303|6147|The pool
Are they scratched much? Dirty?

You could also just get a dvd mini .iso, which is perfectly legal because you own the game
san4
The Mas
+311|6841|NYC, a place to live

M.O.A.B wrote:

Reinstalled, still won't detect. Updated the drivers for my drive and still nothing. Picks up other game disks but neither of the BF2 ones. So my only last option is to buy the games again
You reinstalled from your disks? But the game doesn't detect them when you try to play? Is that what's happening? I'd be swearing at my computer if it did that to me. It does sound like your disks are dirty or going bad somehow so I'd make images of them right away using Alcohol 120%. You can keep the images on your hard drive and mount them to play (and to reinstall).

Last edited by san4 (2009-03-02 19:27:52)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6376|Escea

Wallpaper wrote:

Are they scratched much? Dirty?

You could also just get a dvd mini .iso, which is perfectly legal because you own the game
The BF2 vanilla disk has a crack but not enough to stop it running in the past, the SF disk is in perfect condition but wouldn't let me play either SF or Vanilla through it. Bizarre case because it detects every other game I have just not the BF2 disk.

san4 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

You reinstalled from your disks? But the game doesn't detect them when you try to play? Is that what's happening? I'd be swearing at my computer if it did that to me. It does sound like your disks are dirty or going bad somehow so I'd make images of them right away using Alcohol 120%. You can keep the images on your hard drive and mount them to play (and to reinstall).
Oh wait, worded that wrong. After I uninstalled just doesn't detect or run either disk so basically I can't play it or attempt to install it. I can get the complete collection from Amazon for like £9.50 so its not much to put out for it. Seems the only thing I can do. I'll try to see if they're detected on my laptop and if not then I'll know for sure its a prob with the disks.
Wallpaper
+303|6147|The pool
Try the windows rollback thing... Might be able to get it back, then you might get it to work with a mini.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6376|Escea

I've got it narrowed down (somewhat) the SF disk (only one I've tried so far) runs the autorun menu on the laptop which it doesn't on my desktop so it must be an issue with the drive. Why it only affects those two games though is a bit of a mystery.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6376|Escea

Hmm, odd. Now both disks work on my second drive. Good news, but unfortunately BF2 reads as failed to install

I've had this problem before when I reinstalled, though I'm having trouble remembering how I overcame that prob, anyone got any suggestions?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard