argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5928|United States
do you think it's acceptable to go shopping by yourself, especially on a saturday. I mean I can't imagine any friends who'd like to watch me try on shoes, but going alone is kind of a loser thing to do isn't it?
ColCarnage
taw
+283|5591
not really
Qrite
sup g
+79|6170|Ohio
self conscious lawl
Roc18
`
+655|5786|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
You sir are insecure.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6686|Devon, England
Are you serious?

Just take an MP3 player and stop being a woman.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York

Qrite wrote:

self conscious lawl
^

Just go ffs. If you need something, go.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5928|United States

Roc18 wrote:

You sir are insecure.
fuck yes i am, just got cut from the tennis team, people not responding to my texts, fucking shitty day

im outta here, lol . Let's see how many cliques from my school i can meet at the mall

Last edited by argo4 (2009-02-28 12:57:43)

Reciprocity
+721|6576|the dank(super) side of Oregon
don't forget your tampons.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

I always go shopping alone. People slow me down when and cast too much doubt in my head when making large purchases.
Roc18
`
+655|5786|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

argo4 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

You sir are insecure.
fuck yes i am, just got cut from the tennis team, people not responding to my texts, fucking shitty day
Sorry to hear that but that shouldn't stop you from functioning.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6449|The Twilight Zone
I actually rather go alone. From my past experiences when going to shops with friends I bought lots of stuff that later was sorry for buying them. They are really impatient. Always rushing ".Sup u done homey? Wanna check out than new car stereo, hurry man"
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
tuckergustav
+1,590|5909|...

I shop alone all the time.  It's more efficient.  In fact...you should try going out to public places by yourself more often (i.e. go to the movies, dine IN at a restaurant).  It should help you get over your insecurities.  The more often you do it, the less it will bother you.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6686|Devon, England

tuckergustav wrote:

I shop alone all the time.  It's more efficient.  In fact...you should try going out to public places by yourself more often (i.e. go to the movies, dine IN at a restaurant).  It should help you get over your insecurities.  The more often you do it, the less it will bother you.
I dunno... I don't think going cinema on your own is too great...
ColCarnage
taw
+283|5591

argo4 wrote:

do you think it's acceptable to go shopping by yourself, especially on a saturday. I mean I can't imagine any friends who'd like to watch me try on shoes, but going alone is kind of a loser thing to do isn't it?
It's worse when you have to shop with your parents haha at least they didnt come into the stores with me lulz....
Qrite
sup g
+79|6170|Ohio

tuckergustav wrote:

goiing to the movies and eating by yourself is a bit stupid in my opinion.  those are things that would be a bit boring or odd to go to by yourself

Last edited by Qrite (2009-02-28 13:14:01)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5697|College Park, MD

FFLink13 wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

I can't say I go to the movies alone but I've never understood why people always do it in groups. You don't talk during the movie (unless you're an obnoxious cunt who should be shot), and it's really just like watching a long episode of some TV show. Idk about you guys but I usually just watch 24 at home without having friends over.

I do agree with Qrite that eating by yourself isn't as great, although that's mainly because I like to have conversation over food rather than sit there quietly munching away.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-02-28 13:15:31)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6592|England
I agree that eating alone isn't great. You often get looked over by the staff who are after the bigger tables where the higher potential tips lie.

Nothing wrong with going to the cinema alone if it's a film you really wanna see. If I take a girl I don't end up watching the film and if I'm with friends we usually chat quietly so it doesn't give much room for experiencing a movie you might otherwise really like.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6616|London, England
I shop mostly online anyway, yeah even for shoes and clothes (normal everyday clothes etc..). Not exactly hard to imagine what they would look like when wearing them and you'd have to be some sort of retard to not know what size you are (biggest complaint I've heard about shopping online is that you can't try it out to see if it fits, I mean how stupid can someone get)

I hardly go and shop in real life, ain't worth it unless I'm just out with mates and just happen to see something I feel like buying, I never actually go out with the intent of shopping, I think it's a combined mixture of my hatred for the amount of dicks that you could possibly encounter and also just a general hatred for shopping after being dragged out so many times by parents etc.. when I was a little kid, yeah, definitely the last one
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6615|Mhz

Going to the cinema with friends is part of the experience, I always go for a drink and talk about it afterwards, shopping alone is just plain normal though, if you can't choose your own clothes you have issues.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5909|...

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

I can't say I go to the movies alone but I've never understood why people always do it in groups. You don't talk during the movie (unless you're an obnoxious cunt who should be shot), and it's really just like watching a long episode of some TV show. Idk about you guys but I usually just watch 24 at home without having friends over.

I do agree with Qrite that eating by yourself isn't as great, although that's mainly because I like to have conversation over food rather than sit there quietly munching away.
The reason I suggested it to him is because he had started another thread about not wanting to go to some "wacky tacky theme" game because he thought he would look retarded even though others would be dressed that way...then when he found out it was optional he still didn't go because he didn't feel comfortable walking in alone...I just think that if he puts himself in situations where he may feel a bit uncomfortable then he will get used to it...I guess I should have explained that the first time around.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Mekstizzle wrote:

I shop mostly online anyway, yeah even for shoes and clothes (normal everyday clothes etc..). Not exactly hard to imagine what they would look like when wearing them and you'd have to be some sort of retard to not know what size you are (biggest complaint I've heard about shopping online is that you can't try it out to see if it fits, I mean how stupid can someone get)
Clothing suppliers have various sizes. My "Large" Metallica shirt fits just slightly more loosely than my "Medium" work uniform t-shirt. And my "Large" Muir Woods t-shirt is much, much larger than my "Large" Nine Inch Nails shirt.
Wallpaper
+303|5989|The pool

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Clothing suppliers have various sizes. My "Large" Metallica shirt fits just slightly more loosely than my "Medium" work uniform t-shirt. And my "Large" Muir Woods t-shirt is much, much larger than my "Large" Nine Inch Nails shirt.
And buying clothes online when youre still growing is baaaaaad
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Wallpaper wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Mek is like 50 years old he's only shrinking from here on out.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6268
No. Not at all. I shop alone because Id rather not have people telling me this and that and forcing me to hurry up. At the end of the day, I shop in certain places, that way i always find what im looking for. When im with friends,we shop in more popular places where the quality is always shit, thus buying stuff that arent worth your money
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6616|London, England

Wallpaper wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Nah I'm 5'10 and Size 10 for trainers, I ain't going anywhere upwards, downwards, sidewards *looks at hurricane* so I'm set for the time being

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-02-28 13:36:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard